seventeen

Piles of Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taecyeon is walking back and forth in his own room, feeling super restless by the work of the professional detective he hired. It’s been two weeks already and he’s getting married in three hours, yet the man hasn’t got any news about Han Sera. The detective called him this morning, telling him that he needs more time to go into the bottom of Sera’s insurance claim.

“Taecyeon-ssi, I have checked with the insurance company and apparently, your ex-wife has made several claims in the past years.” The detective reporting his work.

“Claims? Is she sick? I don’t remember she’s having a terrible illness whatsoever.”

“I need time to dig into the details because the insurance company won’t just give out information to stranger.”

“Is there anything I can do to help?”

“Are you still her guardian?”

“Last time I check, yes. But if a divorce paper means something to the insurance company then it’ll be a problem.”

“Okay, I’ll see what I can do.”

“TWO HOURS!” Taecyeon yells from the other end of the line. “You have two hours to get it done! I don’t care how you do it or what method you use to get that information.”

The detective pause several second, thinking hard of a way to get someone’s insurance detail without breaking too much law.

“Taecyeon-ssi. Maybe you can make a statement that she’s scamming you and you need prove for that. You’re her previous guardian so the reason still make sense enough.”

“Ya! She’s not scamming me and I don’t want to make such statement in the nick of time. I pay you high enough for you to get to the bottom of this matter without getting my hands dirty.”

The detective rolls his eyes, of course when dealing with chaebol they always stated the fact they paid high to get the best service.

“I’ll see what I can do.” He’s about to end the phone as Taecyeon threatens him.

“If you harm her in any way in order to get the info, I will bring this matter up to the court. So you’d better do it cleanly—and fast!” He hangs up.

Taecyeon throw his phone to the wall in front of him, doesn’t care if he’s breaking the stuff or not, he’s too frustrated. He has spent most of his time looking for Sera and she’s still missing. He hired the best men in the fields and they still can’t find her, what is happening with her? Why she wants to vanish so badly from his life? He knew he wronged her in so many ways but does she hate him that much?

“Eyyy.. Our son looks really good.” Taecyeon’s parents enter his room where he’s been preparing himself for his evening wedding ceremony.

Yes, today is the day that he fears the most. He will tie a knot with a girl he just met several months ago. As much as he opposed to the wedding plan, he doesn’t have the heart to tell his bride-to-be the truth about his past nor about his feeling. She’s a sweet innocent girl that doesn’t deserve to know the hurtful reality and Taecyeon tries his best to protect that innocent heart from breaking because deep down he knows it’s not Yoona’s fault that he divorced, not her fault that Sera ran away from him, and he can’t blame Yoona for everything bad happened in his previous love life.

“Adeul, You look like this is your first time to walk down the aisle. Ooh.. I’m so proud of you.” His mother comes closer to hug her son.

“Ne omma.”

“I’m so relieve you can forget that wench so quickly. That good for nothing girl doesn’t deserve..”

“Omma, If you’re here to trash talk about Sera, you’d better get out. Just because I agreed to be your puppet in this marriage, doesn’t mean you can insult her.” He clenches his jaw and stares at his own mother with certain looks that makes her whimpers.

“Ya! you’re getting married in three hours and you’re still defends that girl and threatens your own mother.” His father stands up for his wife. “Forget about her. She left you and scammed you. No matter how precious she is in your eyes, she’ll always be that B*tch that ruins your life for us.”

“Aboji. Don’t you dare calling her names!”

“And what? What if I want to call her with bad names? She is an evil! She left you for god’s sake! She’s pretty on the outside, yes, but she sure has a rotten heart. This girl we picked for you worth million times better than you ex-wife!”

He’s about to withstand his believe when someone’s knocking in front of the door.

Their butler just told them that the cars are ready and they should proceed to go into the hotel where the wedding ceremony will be held.

 

***

Sera and Kyuhyun are now hanging out by the Hangang river banks enjoying the spring that’s almost turn into summer in the children’s playground. After the junk food fiesta they had, Sera decided she wants to do the cliché kind of date and this river bank is one of the most popular places for that kind of date.

“Kyu, what time is it now?” Sera grabs his left hand and turn his arm so she can take a look at his watch.

“Almost three. Why? Are you hungry again?”

Sera shakes her head, “I have time until six, so three hours should be fully used for something fun.”

“Define fun.”

Sera points the swing on the playground. “I’m allowed to get on that thing right?” She grins playfully to Kyuhyun.

He looks around and noticed the playground isn’t too crowded with kids, so they can use it freely for themselves.

“Come on, I’ll push you.” He takes her hand and leads her towards the swing to let her sit on the yellow swing available.

Kyuhyun sling the overnight bag diagonally on his shoulder to free his arms and begins pushing Sera in the swing.

“Ya, I’m not a kid Kyu, push me further.”

He follows her order and pushes her further and he chuckles to his own thoughts, this is as cliché as they can get. Taking her to the famous spot and spending their times in the playground. Kyuhyun knows if Sera’s in her right mind she’d definitely mock him about this idea. A girl like her will be thrilled to go on adventurous date, something that makes her adrenaline pumps inside her body instead of swinging in the children playground, yet she’s here smiling peacefully while enjoying the spring breeze caresses her face.

 

They both are busy with their own thoughts when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter