four

Piles of Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon and Sera are both on their bed and facing away from each other. She still embarrassed of the drama she causes earlier this afternoon and Taecyeon knows he couldn’t resist not to hold her if he looks at her face at this moment. He’s having an emotional battle in his heart at the moment, he wants to tell her that it’s not her fault that they both lost their baby but at the same time he doesn’t want Sera to get her hope high by thinking if he forgives her then their problems would disappear.

“Oppa.” Sera braces herself to speak up, “Are you asleep yet?”

Taecyeon’s heart skips a beat, he didn’t thought Sera would still want to talk to him after he gave her his cold shoulder.

“Not yet.”

She sits up and rest her back on the head board, Taecyeon hears this and follow her to sit up also.

“Oppa, I know we signed a deal about living together for a month before I sign the divorce paper.” She takes a deep breath, thinking weather it’s wise to ask him the biggest favor she could ask considering their condition. “I know you won’t grant my ridiculous demand, but I’m moving out from here still. I can’t stay here. There’re too much memories here and it’s too much for me to be alone surrounded only by those memories.”

“Shall I get you another place?” He confuses himself by being so generous.

Sera draws a weak smile on her face, “No, thank you, but you don’t have to. I already got a place for myself.”

“Does the place costs a million US dollar? Is that why you want that much money?”

She can’t help not to laughs a little by his spontaneous words. “No, that’s not what I’m asking it for.” She finally allows herself to look at her husband. He’s looking at her too, they take their moment to reminisce whatever adoration they have for each other in their own heart.

“Help me to understand then, why would you need that much money. Do you owe money to a debt collector?”

“I’m not. Forget about my demand oppa. I know that’s ridiculous.” She lifts both of her shoulders as if she really doesn’t need the money. The exact opposite of the truth. “Instead of that, I’d like to ask you for something bigger.”

He rolls his eyes and curse himself to let his guard down. He should’ve know Han Sera won’t give up just like that.

“I want a full day with you.”

Taecyeon stops his own cynical thinking in his head and pays more attention to her. “What?”

“I want you to take me on a date, on our last day together. If it’s not too much to ask, please allow me to jump into a time machine that’ll take us back to the moment when we were crazy about each other.” She tries so hard not to shed a tear, but a warm liquid has fallen from her pretty eyes. “Please allow me to say a proper goodbye. Just for a day, let’s treat each other as if we’re in love.”

Taecyeon fights all kind of rush that gets into him. He doesn’t understand what she’s saying. Did Han Sera just thrown out all her alimony for a day of romantic date with him? what is going on in her mind, really? He stares at her in disbelieve.

“Is it impossible also?” another tear falls down. “I don’t want the money oppa, I just want to spend one last day with you. Please..”

“Okay, let’s do it.” His mouth says the words without him even thinking about it.

“Ne?”

“Let’s do it, let’s go on a date.” Without his command, his hand already touches her face and he wipes her weepy cheek with his thumb. “Let’s end it on a good term.”

Sera feels like the weight in her heart has been lift up. Did Taecyeon just agreed to her silly idea? Is this his hand on her face caressing her tenderly? She’s believes she’s dreaming and if she is, she doesn’t want to wake up. She wants to be in his embrace until the end of her time.

***

 

Taecyeon check his reflection one more time in the mirror, he’s messing his hair to make it look like he just finished showering and recklessly comb his hair with his finger—the look he knows Sera really likes. He puts on his white V-neck shirt that he wraps with a tan leather jacket that he pairs up with a pair of dark jeans. To finish up this look, he slips onto a pair of black ankle length boots.

He comes out of his room to meet Sera that’s already waiting for him in the living room. Sera looks stunning in Taecyeon’s eyes even though she’s only wearing a pair of her dark Levi’s and a black loose sweater that she finishes of with a pair of a pair of white Dr. Martens. She hardy put on excessive make-up, it’s not like she needs to since she’s blessed with a perfect clear skin and a pretty fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter