two

Piles of Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week has passed since Taecyeon and Sera are living together again. Nothing improved from the last time, Taecyeon would still come home very late at night in the hope Sera would already asleep so he didn’t have to be bothered by her silly effort to make up with him. Sera also has been busy tidying up her stuffs. No matter what happens with her alimony, she has no intention to live in this apartment, she already has a backup plan for herself.

Another reason she doesn’t want to stay in this place is because the memory it holds. This is their first apartment, the place has become a witness through their early happy marriage. Every corner of the house has a story to tell and this only makes her feel more suffocated to live in here. She doesn’t need to be reminded of how perfect her life was before the accident.

Sera was preparing another box to put her stuffs in when a book caught her eyes, it’s an old photo album they used to fill every time they found a picture worthy moment. She takes the album with her and decided to stop her activity altogether.

She opens the first page and she already feels the sadness strikes again. There it is, their first picture as couple. Sera was just graduating when she met Taecyeon, the picture shows clearly how innocent she was with her simple jeans and blouse compare to Taecyeon that certainly looks older and manly with his way to combined a white V-neck shirt with a fancy suit. They met in Ireland 4 years ago, Sera was celebrating her graduation by buying herself a tour package to Dublin and to her surprise she met another Korean in the tour named Taecyeon. The sparks hit off like magic the first time they met. They both are spontaneous people and both are crazy enough to try new dangerous things such as sky jumping from a chartered plane, bungee jumping, they even ditch their tour to went on their little adventure themselves to get drunk in one of the famous Irish pub with the locals.

Sera knows from the very first time that her life won’t ever be boring if she’s with Taecyeon, he feels the same thing also. So he did a reckless proposal only a week after they met. The tour was showing them about the Claddagh ring which was the traditional ring that has been well known in Irish tradition. The tour guide was telling them the different meaning of each placement—on the right hand or the left, pointy heart pointing to the finger tips or towards the wrist—and by the end of the day, Taecyeon slips a Claddagh ring on Sera left hand with the point of the heart facing her fingertips. He just made her his fiancée and she cannot remember ever being so happy in her life before that day.

Han Sera digs deeper into her despair, she opens more of the pages and falls further into the sea of regrets. The wedding picture of them are now display in front of her, she remembered the first time Taecyeon introduce her to his parents. They were so afraid that their parent would object the reckless idea their children had. Lucky for them, after some background check on both families, both parents are agreeing on the marriage and proceed the ceremony only three months after they’re engaged.

Te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter