twenty seven

Piles of Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

From his plain and planned life, Kyuhyun’s life turned into the life that’s going on as if he’s a main star in a movie. He always prepares for everything. One year ago, if somebody ask where he’s going to be next Thursday at 8 P.M he could answer that confidently and make sure he’ll show up. Having Han Sera beside him clearly has changed his patterns—but he doesn’t mind about that.

A month after Sera’s big surgery, the doctor allowed her to go home. She still needs regular checkup but she was psyched for the fact that she begins to be able to take care of herself. By the time she’s no longer need Kyuhyun’s help to wash her hair and Kyuhyun can breathe easier since he doesn’t have to constantly worried about Sera’s recklessness with any device anymore.

By the second month Sera’s new organ declared clear and she only needs to do her checkup once a month. Doctor Song even teased them that they could actually explored ‘their love’ more without having a fear that something might happened during their ‘activities’—which successfully turn both of their faces bright red since they’re not really having that much dirty thoughts in their mind by then. By this time, she’s continuously nagged Kyuhyun to buy her a lot of food that she liked. Kyuhyun gladly follows although he’s still being the goody two shoes that’s follows the ‘trans-fat chart’ her doctors gave him once she’s discharged.

Six months later, Sera has officially cured as her new heart really adjusting well into her body. The worries about organ rejection and sudden has been erased and Kyuhyun can forget about the food chart he brings anywhere.

In winter, Kyuhyun took a lot of days off from his office to embrace summer in the other part of the world with Sera. He’s about to confront one of his biggest fear and kept his promised to Sera. They both flew to New Zealand to fulfill her wish to have the ultimate bungee jumping experience. To Kyuhyun, this was obviously something unforgettable.

They were tied up in the end of a same cable—they took the couple package because Sera believe Kyuhyun would faint if he had to do it all by himself—then she asked him to close his eyes and count to three and trust her for the rest. Kyuhyun didn’t need her order to close his eyes because that’s the first thing he did once they stood by the edge of the jumping platform. Kyuhyun obeyed her and started counting, but Han Sera hugged him tighter by the second count then she dropped their bodies into what seemed to be endless torture for Kyuhyun. He has been having trust issue with her ever since and he likes to throw this matter into her face whenever she begins to lure him into doing something dangerous.

Once they came from their holiday, Han Sera was no longer sleeping in her room that she rent to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun has sneaked his way to slowly moved her pillows one by one into his room and in the end asked her to officially moved in together. She had her doubts at first, but she really couldn’t picture the man that had stayed by her side through the most difficult time in her life will leave her or hurt her. That night, their relationship has moved further from the ridiculous landlord-tenant as both of them let themselves lost in each other’s’ touch.

One year after her surgery, he surprised her by resigning from his office and said that he’ll figure out a way to begins his own practice. Obviously Sera stands by his side and support whatever decision he made since she knew Kyuhyun always has bigger plans for himself—and for her.

 

 

Kyuhyun opens his eyes then adjust his sight to the dimmed lighting in the room. He turns to his left to take a look into his wrist watch that he put on top of his bed side table, It’s 3 o’clock in the morning. He turns to his right and says his thanks to heaven for having the woman that’s now sleeping peacefully next to him. Han sera’s head is hidden beneath the thick blanket and to Kyuhyun to be able to see her morning face is one of the most beautiful gift he could ever receive.

He moves closer to her and begins to pinches her cheek, her nose, and he doesn’t forget to give a quick kiss on her lips. Sera yawns and ignore him by turning her whole body away from Kyuhyun.

“Ya, wake up. We almost overslept.” He hugs her from behind.

“Ng. I’m still jetlagged Kyu. It’s not even dawn yet.”

“I know.” he gets up and flips Sera’s body by force. “We need to be ready before dawn. Come on wake up Sera-ya.”

“Ng.”

“Wake up before I force you to.” He begins to tickles her. He knows she hates this and usually this trick works well.

Han Sera kicks her blanket away from her body in order to shove Kyuhyun aside but he keeps on nagging her to open her eyes.

“Han Sera! you have to get up and I swear you won’t regret that for the rest of the day.” He holds her by her arms and tries pulls her into a seating position. Sera is one step smarter than he is when she quickly takes her arms from her sweater so Kyuhyun’s holding on into her sweater arms instead of to her. “Nice try.” Kyuhyun scoffs.

He gets up and rounds the bed to lift Sera from the bed and he carries her into the bathroom.

Sera wraps her arms—that she puts back into her sweater—around his neck and she leans into his chest while Kyuhyun’s carrying her into the bathroom. She’s awake, fully awake in fact. But she can’t resist not to and she’s enjoying the extra attention she gets from Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun puts Sera down once they’re in the bathroom. She opens her eyes and from the reflection in the mirror she sees his sincere smiling face behind her.

“Good morning.” Sera turn her body then tiptoes to give him a peck on his cheek.

“We can’t be late today. we’ve come this far.” He takes the tooth brush and begins to brush his own teeth.

“Ng, dawn is at 5 Kyu, we have time.”

“Aish, it doesn’t hurt to arrive before the designated time Sera-ya.”

Sera doesn’t argue, she’s too used to his restlessness whenever he needs to be somewhere very early in the morning. so she takes her own tooth brush and begins to prepare herself also.

Both of them are now in Cappadocia, Turkey. They flew a thousand mile to complete Sera’s old wish list before she went under her ultimate surgery more than a year ago. She actually has forgotten about this but three days ago Kyuhyun surprise her with a couple of plane tickets that took them here. The plan today is to see the beautiful Turkish sunrise from a hot air balloon ride across the region. Sera was jumping excitedly once Kyuhyun revealed to her about their plan once they arrived, while Kyuhyun wasn’t as enthusiastic since he still has his fear of height.

 

As expected, there were the first ones that arrived in the designated place for the ride. They were too early and it was dark so there aren’t much to do except for Sera to continuously teases him. Kyuhyun’s mind is too occupied with other things so he doesn’t really paid attention to what Sera’s saying to him. He has his own problem to take care of at the moment and during the forty-five minutes of them waiting, he continuously having a monologue in his head.

They are finally airborne before five o’clock. Sera bravely stands by the edge of the basket while Kyuhyun prefers to stands near the operator that’s controlling the fire to lift the hot air balloon.

“Kyu!” Sera shouts at him. “Come here, you can’t enjoy the beautiful vies from there.” She waives her hand to lure him to stand nearer.

I am enjoying a beautiful view of you, Han Sera. “Shireo! I have trust issue when it comes to you and your crazy ideas of fun.”

Sera steps closer to him then she takes his hand in hers to link their fingers together. “I won’t put you in danger Kyu, we have no safety belts whatsoever here, so I won’t get crazy and push you down.”

Kyuhyun smirks, “And you think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter