twenty two

Piles of Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two days has passed and the person she’s been waiting for hasn’t come to visit her. She spent her days by reading as usual and she still hope that it’s Kyuhyun that comes through the door every time somebody slides her ward door. She has to gulp down another disappointment once she sees it’s not her best friend that comes.

She’s been thinking to call him but she feels like she doesn’t deserve to do that.

During her regular checkup she asked doctor Song if Kyuhyun was present during the ER treatment and she said Kyuhyun actually asked her permission to checked on Sera in the CICU after Sera’s stabilized and according to the visitor list, he entered the unit. That’s when Sera begins to get a grasp of what happened to him, he must have seen her and Taecyeon together in that room and he—once again—did the thing he does best, back away from her life.

The realization has weirdly turns her mood upside down. It’s annoying for her the fact that he’s not here for her, she wants to tell him what happened, she needs to apologize to him and she also feels the obligation to explain to him what happened between her and Taecyeon, she misses him.

After her initial thought, she’d change her perspective and begins to think why would she need to explain herself? He’s not her boyfriend, so she doesn’t need to explain anything right? But they kissed. She’s not stupid nor ignorant enough not to understand the meaning behind that kiss they shared.

Nobody could ignore a kiss that deep and meaningful like the one they shared. Sera automatically touches her lips every time she remembers about that kiss. She never considers Kyuhyun to fit into being her lover or somewhat, but he’s been messing around with her mind ever since.

 

Sera has a physiotherapy schedule every afternoon that usually goes on for about two hours, since she collapsed her doctors has scheduled less exercise for her until she really gains her strength back. What usually takes two hours now only last one hour and that gives her more free time of doing nothing.

A nurse is assisting her to return to her room after her quick session, Sera has no problem to walk on her own, but considering what happened few days ago, the doctors don’t want to risk her vital anymore so she’s now under constant surveillance. As they arrived on the 6th floor Sera tells the nurse confidently that she can walk herself into her room, since it’s not too far from the nurse station also. She turns to the left and suddenly have a mix feeling in her heart once she sees a familiar figure standing in front of her room.

She takes little steps to approach him because what he’s doing right now is very strange in her eyes. Cho Kyuhyun presses his face so close to the observing glass in Sera’s room as if he’s checking something without trying to be caught. From his gesture Sera can tell that he’s trying to get a full sight of her room before he decided that it’s empty, Kyuhyun then slides the door open and let himself in.

Sera’s now standing in front of her room to watch Kyuhyun closely from the little window on the door and she’s crushed once she sees what he’s doing. The man is busy tidying up his stuffs, he randomly throws his clothes into his overnight bag.

Kyuhyun takes one more look into the room, making sure he left no stuff behind then he slides the door open.

“Kamchagia.” He drops his overnight bag once he saw Sera standing in front of him.

Sera’s eyes travel from his face down to the bag he just dropped on the floor. She knows what he’s doing and she thinks she understand the reason behind that.

“You.. are you going somewhere?” She points the bag.

“Ne, I have to go home.” He replies coldly.

Sera lifts her head to look at the man in the eyes and she feels another squeezes in her heart once their eyes meet. He’s looking at her with the sharp look he gave her months ago, the warmness in his eyes has gone and Sera doesn’t need a commando to take a step back from him.

“Aa.. I see.. when will you return?” She tries her luck by asking the obvious.

Kyuhyun takes his bag and sling it on his shoulder, “I don’t know, I’m busy, Sera-ssi. Get well soon.”

He begins to take his step to leave her while she’s standing there not able to do anything. Sera watches Kyuhyun walks away from her and she’s busy thinking of the things she can do to fix the misunderstanding between them.

“Kyu, shall we have lunch together?” She asks the stupid thing.

“It’s 4 PM.” He replies without turning to see her.

“We can have some snack maybe?” She begins to walk towards him, in her heart somehow she knows, if she let him go this time he’ll never return. “For the last two days I had the old boring food, I’ve been wondering if you’d like to grab some snack with me.” She reaches into him and takes his hand.

Kyuhyun tries to walk faster but at the same time he doesn’t want to cause another scene of her collapsing in the hall again so he stops his step and looks at her. It’s painful for him to see her today, he can’t stop his anxiety of the image seeing Taecyeon and Sera being together again and he’s been reminded of the last conversation they had for the last two days. Taecyeon is here by her side from now on, so why would he bother to stay beside her? She gets what she wants already and Kyuhyun knows when to say goodbye.

“I don’t have time for that, let go of my hand Sera-ssi.” He commands her clear enough that she takes off her hand that’s holding him.

“Are you mad at me?”

“No.” he takes a look to the elevator when it stops on their floor. “I gotta go.” He fastens his steps to reach the lift, but Sera has run a little on his left side, still trying to reach out to him. “YA! ARE YOU STUPID? DO YOU KNOW WHAT EXESSIVE WORK OUT DOES TO YOUR HEART?! DO YOU WANT TO DIE THAT BADLY?!” He’s too annoyed with her recklessness and he snaps at her right there. In the hall where some nurses can see them squabble.

Sera stunned in her place. It’s not the first time Kyuhyun throws tantrum at her but this one is different. Kyuhyun has put all his frustration into his words and in translates harsher than it supposed to sound because the way he’s saying it.

She’s not an idiot, she knows it’s her cue to back out.

“I’m sorry. I was reckless and I didn’t really think of how my condition would affect you.” She pulls him stronger as she tries to make him listen to her. “Please listen to me this time and I won’t bother you again.”

Kyuhyun takes a deep breath and turns his body towards her. He raises his eyebrow as a sign to let her talk.

“About what happened yesterday, I’m sorry. I will take care of myself better from now on.”

She stares at him in the hope that he’ll say something back. After a while he just shrugs his shoulder and turn his body away from her again.

“Does it annoys you too much to talk to me right now?” She adds when they reach the elevator.

He presses the button and waits f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter