twenty three

Piles of Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If Sera thinks that pushing Tecyeon away from her life means that he’ll obey her without question, she’d be so wrong. He’s the kinds of person that likes to do things he believed is right in his own terms, although he still maintains his distance and respects her demand. He knows deep inside that he deserves to be treated like this by her, he’s the one that pushed her first, he’s the one that refused to understand her and it’s natural for Sera to despise him like this. Taecyeon soon learned that his position has been replaced by Kyuhyun, he often sees the man with her and he believes he still spend his nights sleeping in the same room as his ex-wife. There was time when he’d like to punch him on the face but then he remembered he has no right to do it, he’s no longer her husband. The worst part of his position is the fact he still has to man up and takes responsibility towards Yoona.

Both of their families has agreed to push the wedding a month back, how both parties agreed without any further fight part was still a mystery to Taecyeon. Yoona must have done a great job convincing her parents about the postponed wedding and now she’s enjoying the attention Taecyeon gives her—he stops by the hospital every day simply to say ‘hi’ to her and spend his dinner time with her. Yoona’s not a fool, she knows Taeyeon’s being near her every day is for his own agenda of watching over Sera, but Yoona promised him some time for his closure and she wants to be the woman of her words—even though it hurts her.

 

As usual, Taecyeon hangs around by the 6th floor to watch over Sera from the little window on her door, looks like she’s still busy reading the same book she’s reading yesterday. He’s relieved that she’s gotten much better since the last time he saw her, the colors in her face has returned and she looks happier than she did when he was with her. Taecyeon sighs to himself in the thought of him being replaced, he’s not supposed to be disturbed by it but he can’t help not to feel a little bit annoyed.

“I hope you’re not planning to go through that door, Taecyeon-ssi.” A deep voice cracks him from his monologue.

Taecyeon turns around and find the source of his problem stands in front of him. Obviously Cho Kyuhyun just finished his daily work and return to this hospital in instant to be by her side.

Taecyeon nods and forces himself to be polite to Kyuhyun, “Kyuhyun-ssi, I’d like to have some words with you, if you don’t mind.” He hasn’t prepared his speech whatsoever, but he knows he have some questions to ask Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun looks at him intensely and decided to do have the conversation, sooner or later they both need to clear the air between them.

Minutes later, both men are sitting in the cafeteria facing each other with awkward body gestures. They both are occupied with their own thoughts which mostly contains of ‘how to begin this conversation without turning it into an argument’.

“I’ll start.” Taecyeon breaks the silence, he plays with the rim of his coffee cup before he says another words. “Sera, she looks much better than the last time.”

Kyuhyun nods agreeing with his observation.

“You must have taken a really good care of her.” Taecyeon cringes a little bit, he can’t believe he said that cheesy line.

Kyuhyun lets out a big sigh, this conversation can go on forever without any of them pointing their fingers to the real question. “Let’s stop going around the bush and go straight to the matter, shall we?”

“And I wonder what that problem might be.” Taecyeon scroll his eyes, he has forgotten how his previous lawyer was so good with reading people’s mind from their gesture.

“You tell me.” Kyuhyun cross his arms on the table and demands Taecyeon to spit out his thoughts first.

“Okay, I guess I shouldn’t waste your time.” Taecyeon leans back on his chair, “First question, are you with her?”

Kyuhyun doesn’t answer right away, they haven’t really defined their relationship even though Sera had asked him to stay by her side. “We take our time to move forward.” He decided that’s the truest answer he can give him.

Taecyeon smirks, “Now that leads to the second question, how long have this been going on?”

“After your divorce.”

“So after you helped me, you decided to take over?”

Now Kyuhyun’s the one who gives his cold smirks, “Fair enough, from your perspective that’s exactly how it looked like and It doesn’t really sound professional for me, isn’t it?”

Taeyeon stares at the man before him coldly.

“Remember when I suggested you to watch over her alimony usage after the final hearing? Well, I was aware that you asked me not to investigate further but I have my own agenda to avenge her. She was the closest person I had during college and out of the sudden you took her hand in marriage..”

“And you’re jealous.” Taecyeon finished Kyuhyun’s words for him.

Kyuhyun shrugs his shoulders, “I was devastated and it planted hatred in me—towards her. So when you told me not to investigate further, I ignore your request and investigate still. My plan was to reveal what kind of fox she is and help you to bring her further down.”

“You sick bastard.” Tacyeon calmly says his words. “Even if you proved something, what did you expect me to do?”

“Put her in jail.” Kyuhyun takes a moment, he’s ashamed of himself at the moment for being a witty boy who can’t get over his first love.

“Put her in jail because she used her alimony right?”

“For scamming you.”

Taecyeon’s intrigued once he hears the word ‘scam’, Sera had said that also but never explained what it was. “Yeah I’ve been curious about that, she said so to me that she scammed me but I..”

“Your maxed out credit card that she swiped in New York to bought designer bags, she returned the bags to get cash to enter the transplant program. The one million dollar she demanded you, that was for the transplant and surgeries she needed to get to stay alive. She almost gets a heart back then, but somebody needed it more than she was so the heart was given to the other person.”

Taecyeon jaw is dropping, he let go of that matters a long time ago and he’s secretly amazed by her smooth way to disguise her sickness.

“When did you found out about that?”

“When I followed her into this very place.” Kyuhyun takes a gulp of his orange juice before continuing, “I believed she was having an affair so I followed her—to report back to you so you can sue her later on—and I was so ready to bring her down. I’ve prepared all mean words that I know to say to her and I imagined she’ll get down on her knees begging me to forgive her.”

Taecyeon patiently listen for Kyuhyun to finish his story.

“Later on that day I found out about her being a patient, I took a peak at her and she crashed out of shock when she saw me. In between her dying breath she asked me to keep her condition a secret.” Kyuhyun’s eyes starts to water when he remembers how cruel he was to Sera back then. “I stayed by her side that night in the hope I got a chance to apologize for my shameful behavior that doesn’t deserve to be forgiven, but as we know, she’s an angel and of course she forgave me. I’ve been staying by her side ever since.”

Taecyeon heart is pounding fast out of anger. He wished Kyuhyun and Sera had an affair behind his back so he can be mad at them. If that’s the case, It’ll make it easier for him to accuse them both and he can hate on them freely. Knowing that their romance actually bloomed after his divorce has really put him in a more helpless position.

“My turn to ask you question, Taecyeon-ssi. Have you take care of your wedding drama..”

“That’s none of your business.”

Kyuhyun looks down at the table, Taecyeon is right, it’s none of his business. He’s asking this for Sera’s sake to be honest, even though she’s slowly letting him into her heart, Kyuhyun’s also aware how often she zoned out during their conversation and he’s sure she’s still wondering about Taecyeon.

“I’ll proceed the wedding next week Kyuhyun-ssi. If you’re asking this because S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter