nineteen

Piles of Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She’s saved.

They get into the hospital just in time for the doctors to inject 6 portions of adenosine to change her heart rhythm back to normal, she’s taken straight into the CICU after they managed to lower their heart rate. The two men that followed her into the ambulance seemed to be in a bigger shock than ever. Kyuhyun was shock because he personally feels like it’s his fault that she crashed. He shouldn’t leave the bag in the car in the first place, he should also remember about the wedding invitation he got from Taecyeon, he was too happy to spend a full day out with her that he forgot some inconvenience fact that Han Sera could have avoid to.

Taecyeon never felt so loss in a hospital because a lot of facts has confused him. Why Sera is a patient in this hospital? How come Kyuhyun knows what to do when she crashed? What the is his lawyer doing with his ex-wife? Did he approached her after the hearing? Did they had an affair long before the divorce? What are they hiding from him? He’d like to ask Kyuhyun everything but he change his mind once he sees her doctors coming out of the CICU.

“Good evening doctor, my name is Ok Taecyeon I came with Han Sera, can you please tell me what’s going on with her?”

Doctor Kim stops and turns her head to the man in front of her. This man wears a wedding outfit and clearly doesn’t look like he belongs in a hospital. At the same time, Kyuhyun is approaching her with confuse look in his eyes.

“Doctor Song, how is she?”

Doctor Song decided to throw her tantrum to Kyuhyun instead. “I gave her permission to get out because I believed you will take care of her every needs. I told you to charge the LVAD, didn’t I? How come the battery so empty when she got here? Didn’t you get the spare battery?”

Kyuhyun bows to her, “I did. The initial battery went out at around three o’clock and I changed with the new one. She was fine doctor, until I suddenly lost her and this man found her unconscious.” He points Taecyeon, “And I really have no idea what happened from the gap of when I lost her until I found her, I swear it was less than 20 minutes.”

“For god’s sake can’t anyone tell me what’s going on with Sera?!” Taecyeon is tired of being clueless and he snaps at both of them. “Kyuhyun-ssi, you owe me A LOT of explanations on how you ended up with my wife.”

“You’re her husband?” the doctor finally intrigues with the strange man in front of her. “Where have you been, sir?”

“Ex-husband.” Kyuhyun corrects his title quietly but both Taecyeon and doctor Song ignores him.

“I’ve been around, but she’s the one that’s missing from me, so if you don’t mind telling me what I’ve missed, I’d be relieved.” Taecyeon’s too angry to be polite.

Doctor Song looks at Kyuhyun as if she’s asking for his permission. Kyuhyun slightly shakes his head—he knows Sera doesn’t want Taecyeon to know—but doctor Song asks Taecyeon to follow her into her practice room in the end. Leaving Kyuhyun who’s staring at them helplessly, Sera’s wellness his top priority amongst all problems. But if he has to be honest, he doesn’t like seeing Taecyeon here. Deep inside his heart he knows he’ll never be able to compete with the only man she loves. Kyuhyun waits in front of the CICU where Sera’s getting treatment inside, he can at least ask for her forgiveness before he leaves.

“The girl that I just helped..”

Kyuhyun startled from a soft woman’s voice he hears from his back, he turns around to find Im Yoona is already standing on the hallway still in her wedding dress. The poor bride took a taxi to get herself to the hospital after following the ambulance that took her groom-to-be in it.

“Is she really his wife?”

Kyuhyun notice how shaken she is. Her eyes stare at him full of questions, her body’s shaking and she’s biting her lips trying to suppress the overwhelming thruth that just hit her. Kyuhyun takes off his jacket and quickly covers Yoona’s shoulders. She must be in a bigger shock than he is, she’s only hours away from being someone’s wife and the chain reactions of what just happened was the worst thing could happen to any bride.

“Please tell me, are they married?” Tears are forming in the edge of her eyes.

“Ah, you’re Im Yoona right?” Kyuhyun tries to stall while thinking fast on how to put himself in this weird situation.

Yoona nods but still demands answer.

“My name is Cho Kyuhyun.” He places his palm on his chest to introduce himself. “I can make sure they aren’t married and the girl you just saved is not his wife.” He decided to tell the truth without giving the details, it’s Taecyeon’s responsibility to tell the truth to her after all. “I can’t tell you more than that since it’s not my place to.”

Kyuhyun studies her face closely, this girl in front of him is trying hard to fight her emotion. Just by one look he understands that her heart was just broken from what just happened and from what she heard. He curses Taecyeon in his head, what does he has in him that makes girls head over heels over him? first Sera, and now another innocent soul is hurting becaus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter