Christmas Day

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of days soon passed by and before they even realised it, December 25th already came knocking on their doors. At last, Christmas Day had arrived and it indeed brought joy to everyone which celebrated the holiday, including one particular eighteen-year-old.

 

Stretching her limbs upon waking up to the wonderful morning, a smile appeared on her face as her eyes glanced at the window. The drapes were already tucked neatly and she assumed that her personal doctor just entered her room. He was not in there but she knew he will come back minutes later.

 

“I can’t believe Christmas is here already and I actually can get out from here. If only Jungkook tags along, that would be nice.” Yein said to no one in particular. She let out a deep sigh. Though she had been looking for the day to come but this would be the Christmas Day she would celebrate not at the comfort of her home. At least few of her friends were there and anywhere would be way better than the hospital.

 

“I shouldn’t let this opportunity go to waste. There must be something Tae oppa planned beforehand for us to enjoy the day, right?” She positively thought without knowing how loud she had been actually thinking. Hearing a light chuckle from the door, her eyes immediately tore off from the window and looked at the owner’s voice.

 

As soon as the two were finished with their daily routines, the girl could not help but to feel jumpy as she waited for her personal doctor to fetch her at her room since he left to get himself ready as well.

 

“Let’s go!” Yein almost screamed when she saw Taehyung’s figure beyond the door. The fellow did not even managed to open the door but she was faster that his signature genuine smile just had to come on his face. “Someone is too excited.” He said shortly before gesturing her out.

 

Seoul was blanketed with thin snow and trees were no longer as green she used to see. The cold wind blew as soon as they stepped outside the hospital building. Glancing at her who was standing on his side, his smile grew wider when he noticed she wore a brown-coloured long coat that seemed so familiar to him.

 

“You’re actually wearing that?” Taehyung started the conversation and Yein looked down at her outfit for the day. Of course he would question her choice of clothing since she actually was able to find the perfect day to wear one of her birthday gifts. The coat itself was given by him and seeing that he gave it on her birthday which fell in early summer, it would be weird for her to wear such thing during such a hot season.

 

Yein nodded her head before linking her hands around Taehyung’s right arm. “Where are we heading? I’m good with buses.” She confidently admitted with her chin held up high but her confidence disappeared into thin air when he halted in front of a car. Rolling her eyes, she had her arms folded against her torso and pouted. “Of course, how can I forget you can drive?”

 

“Just get in. It’s getting colder by the minute.” Taehyung stated before entering the car, followed by Yein seconds later. Once he turned the heater on, the girl sighed in satisfaction.

 

Not knowing to them, stood by the window with a frown on his face was a grumpy nineteen-year-old who was literally creating a hole on the window from staring at it for too long. He too sighed but in disappointment. Why did he choose to be selfless? Would not it be better for him just to accept the invitation instead of staying in his room?

 

“I feel like I’m watching some sort of drama on TV and you’re the stupid second lead male.” A voice suddenly cut his train of though and turned around only to see his friend glaring straight at him. “Who are you to call me stupid?”

 

“Jeon Jungkook, it would be easier if you admit that you’re jealous of Doctor Kim. He had the girl and you’re not. Please, change the whole ordeal of the bad guy gets the girl thing already. The same genre needs a tweak anyways.” Junyoung dramatically spoke as he lied back down on his bed from his previously sitting position with a groan.

 

“I guess this is what I get for having a Creative Arts student as a friend.” Jungkook replied jokingly before throwing himself on his bed as well and heard Junyoung added on, “Just rest your mind because by then maybe you can finally realise your feelings towards her. Who knows, you might not even have the time even to think.”

 

“You talk as if you’re ready to see me dying.”

 

“I’ll come to your funeral.”

 

“You make me questioning how on Earth we managed to be this close in a short period of time.”

 

“I’m Lee Junyoung, your personal advisor. It’s my job and seriously you need one serious talk about this.”

 

Shaking his head, Jungkook lightly laughed on the outside but on the inside of his brain, he was thinking the truth behind Junyoung’s words which was why he suddenly becoming silent to one poi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter