Secret

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The outing soon ended and the two safely arrived at the hospital ground once again. Taehyung escorted Yein straight to her room to ensure that she did not venture to any other places in the hospital alone in the middle of the night. Switching the lights of his room on, he immediately plopped himself down on his chair.

 

Most of the day-shift doctors already headed home to rest excluding him since he still had things left to do and most of it involved with his daily reports and a thesis to be done. After brewing a cup of coffee to wake up his tired body, he went back to his original location. His desk looked messed up as per usual with papers and stationary (thankfully) stacked in a pencil holder.

 

Taking one of the papers, he reread it keenly. It was a report of a girl and it was no other than Jung Yein. Just as what he carelessly thrown at Yein in the evening, she was indeed in an unhealthy state. Her blood pressure was getting lower and that explained the reason behind her constant complaint of tiredness. She had been lacking of energy to even think properly. At this kind of state, the doctor could only hope for a miracle.

 

Leaning back in his seat, Taehyung let out a long sigh as he placed both of the paper and his drink on the table before he began a session of contemplation. The silence was able to help him to think calmly instead of making any hasty decision in life. Slowly eyeing on his laptop, he decided to turn it on and check on his latest entry of his thesis.

 

As Taehyung was deep in his written work; he heard the typical sigh of his colleague entering the room and he simply followed his movement from the corner of his eyes. The fellow seemed twice as tired as the previous days. Hence, he halted his work to ask him a question.

 

“What happened to you today? Did professor come to visit or something?” The other doctor simply sighed again before pouring himself a cup of the made coffee. After getting a decent amount of sip, Jimin finally replied, “I’ve been getting around in researching about my thesis topic and it is very interesting but the thing is… it was a burdensome to study.”

 

“There’s nothing easy in life, Jimin.” Taehyung casually stated and that made him rolled his eyes after realising his own choice of words. “At least it is not as hard as to study about girls. You don’t want to know what happened today.” He continued.

 

“I’m actually interested in what happened in your outing today. But I want to guess, things screwed, wasn’t it?” Jimin guessed as spoken and he was far from wrong as always. “I always hate it when you’re right.” Taehyung confessed with a small smile appeared on his face.

 

In calm and orderly manner, Taehyung began to tell all the happenings during the outing: starting from the morning when he fetched Yein from her hospital room down to the moment at the park by the river. Being a good listener he was, Jimin only bobbed his head from time to time, trying to understand the whole ordeal behind the story. By the end, he could only conclude one thing.

 

“You’re being jealous of Jungkook again.”

 

Sighing, Taehyung ruffled his hair in annoyance. His report was already left for the time being as he was so focused on the story-telling. The fact that Jimin’s statement was somewhat true made him even more disturbed. He was never jealous. He never had the reason to do so other than that one moment when Jimin managed to get higher score in a test than him.

 

The room became silence once again as if the two were not in the room anymore. All they could hear was the soft wind of the night knocking by the window occasionally. Surprisingly, Jimin noticed a very interesting piece of report laid among the scattered papers. Taking it in his hand, he read out loud.

 

“Date: 23rd December 2015. Patient name: Jung Yein. Today’s Report-” Before he was able to finish reading, Taehyung already snatched the report away from Jimin’s hand. He did not get to read all but he knew the girl’s condition on that day.

 

That were the exact day when Taehyung realised her condition was getting on the bad side and that day was when he decided to let her out of her room after being confronted by Jimin about it. And that was also the day she casually invited her new friend along for their Christmas outing.

 

“Hey,” Jimin called out softly but coherent enough for his fellow friend to hear him. “Did you hear the rumours going around the hospital though?” He added on when he suddenly remembered his discovery of the day. He had been planning on telling him but he had forgotten a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter