Request

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I was right. It is cold outside. Let’s just roam the inside of the hospital. There are a lot more to see than just a garden.” Jungkook gestured her to tag along but Yein seemed to stay rooted on her spot, not wanting to leave the place. Her eyes still stuck on the glass door, looking beyond the closed door.

 

“Hey,” She jolted in surprised when she felt Jungkook landed his hand on her shoulder, cutting her off her train of thoughts. “You’re not even listening, were you?” Sheepishly laughed, the girl had her head hung low once she knew she was caught.

 

“Can we at least sit here? We don’t have to be outside.” Yein suggested before sitting exactly in front of the door. Since he had no other choice other than leaving her alone, he decided to join in by sitting on her left side as silence came greeting them for the next couple of minutes.

 

“I was so used at running around that when I discovered I wouldn’t be able to do it anymore made me change perspective of life.” She started out softly that Jungkook could mistake it as a whisper but he knew she was indeed talking to him. “What about you, Jungkook? Who are you before being thrown here?” She suddenly asked.

 

“To be honest, I was just like any other kids with actual friends. I sing, dance and maybe parkouring.” He answered and glanced at Yein, who was apparently looking at him with a puzzled expression which he then did the asking. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

“There are so many things I want to ask you though. Will you be able to answer all?” She jokingly ended her sentence in a tone where one intended to challenge people. “I’ll try, depending on the questions given.”

 

“First, have you ever thought of becoming a singer? Secondly, you dance? What kind of dance? Then, do you have some sort of crew and what on Earth is the last thing you said?” Yein fired away with her questions. Seeing that she was done with the questioning, Jungkook took in a deep breath before letting out a long sigh.

 

“I already thought you would ask those. Well, I did have an intention of becoming a singer but I don’t want to in the end. For the second question, yes, I dance to anything came in mind, really. I have friends to dance with. Technically speaking, I guess they are the crew I’m in. Lastly, you meant parkour?” Jungkook halted his chain of answers to get Yein’s approval of continuing which she gave by signalling with a nod.

 

“It’s a thing my friends and I did in the past - jumping, back-flipping and such. I left those since my stamina could no longer keep up. It was fun though. It was as fun as running for you.” He continued and ended it with a long sigh but his smile was a genuine one.

 

Tearing her gaze away from Jungkook’s face, Yein turned to look back at the door. She gathered her legs before hugging them for security. After that random topic, they did not seem to have anything else to say. Nevertheless, they were thankful as the silence was a comforting one. There was only the soft hush of wind seeping through between the doors, causing both of them to increase the distance from each other.

 

“Will you… go back on the tracks if you are healed?” Jungkook broke the silence off as he stared at the swaying trees outside. “Maybe I will. There is no other thing besides that in my mind. Maybe even get myself a decent bunch of friends by attending university too.” She confessed and let go of her legs before leaning back with her hands as support.

 

“What about you then?”

 

‘What about me? Unless they diagnosed me with anything, anything at all, I can at least think of my future rather than wasting my life here.’

 

As he was deep in his thoughts for a moment, Jungkook jumped in shock when he felt someone nudging him on the hip. Glancing on his right he saw Yein stifling her laughter as if she just discovered something funny. The girl also seemed to look at him curiously. Which was why, out of curiosity, Yein poked him again, only to get the same reaction.

 

With a smirk came upon her face, she asked, “Are you perhaps… tick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter