Love That Cannot Be Erased

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: It's a double update.

 

“Everyone did well today especially you, Jung Yein. You’re one excellent apprentice. Your father can’t be happier to have you working as his personal advisor in the company.” One of her co-workers good-naturedly congratulated her after another successful business pitching.

 

Jung Yein is twenty-seven years of age now and it happened to be her birthday as well. Just as mentioned, she continued her life working at her father’s company and she will soon take over when her father officially retires. She had a decent bunch of friends as well so it was possible for her to cope with the sadness that had been surrounding her.

 

“Yein, are you heading home as well? I can send you home if you want to.” A close friend of her that went by the name Ryu Sujeong said as they walked down the hallway to the elevator. She was the only one that knew of her secret and the reason of her remaining single. But to be honest, Yein had no intention of remaining that way for the rest of her life.

 

“I’m meeting with my friend after this. Do you want to tag alone? I don’t think he will mind. It’s getting boring hanging out with just guys anyway.” Yein replied as she took out her phone to reply a text that just came in for her. “Is it the handsome doctor? If it’s him, I don’t mind hanging out him.” She playfully smiled as she nudged Yein by her side.

 

“Just so you know I have two friends who are doctors and one of them is already married and had one child.” The girl mentioned in a joking manner even though she already knew which one Sujeong had been interested in and it was definitely not the married one. “Aw, come on, Yein. I thought you will introduce me to him. Don’t tell me you’re warming up to him already or something.”

 

“No I’m not and look there he is.” Yein replied once both of them already arrived at the car park of the business lot. Glancing on her side, she could see her friend was stuck on her current spot which made her stop too. “He looked more handsome than those pictures you showed me. How do I look?” Sujeong said as she turned to face Yein.

 

Leaning casually on his car was no other than Yein’s closest friend, Kim Taehyung. He was out of his usual white coat and instead, he had a black t-shirt underneath his denim jacket, a pair of jeans and sneakers. It appeared simple in Yein’s eyes but her friend said otherwise. He looked downright stunning in just simple clothing.

 

“Are you sure he is thirty? He doesn’t look like it.” Sujeong frankly stated which made Yein shaking her head unbelievably. “He doesn’t look like a patient person too. So let’s go now.” Yein added before walking off, leaving her behind.

 

“What about my car?”

 

“I thought you came here by train today? That’s why I rejected your offer to send me home.”

 

“Oh,” Sujeong laughed when she remembered about it and clapped her hand out of excitement. “Thanks for the reminder.”

 

“Tae oppa!” Yein called out and the male immediately turned his attention from his phone to see her almost skipping towards him. “Yein, you’re twenty-seven now. You shouldn’t act this way and who’s this?” He asked when he noticed another figure joined his friend.

 

After a round of short introduction, Yein witnessed Taehyung getting flustered which she did not see often or technically speaking, she never see him acting in such way. ‘This is interesting.’ She thought as she tried her best to not smirking at the awkward atmosphere surrounding the two.

 

Taehyung decided to stop by a music studio to pick up Yoongi before heading over back to the Seoul Hospital to inform his friend that they were ready to head off to celebrate Yein’s birthday. The doctor left the three in his car for the time being to get the other doctor himself. Once he found him, he was greeted with a loud cry and a soft motherly voice calming the child from crying.

 

“Don’t cry now, Park Jiyoung. Who’s the good girl? It’s you, Jiyoungie.” The doctor tried his best to console the kid but failed. The progress was making it harder for him to carry on with his work. It was his last patient for the day and the fact it was his own child made him losing patience a lot faster.

 

“Come on, you never cried this much before.” Jimin stated in wonder, not realising Taehyung had been eyeing on his by the door.

 

Unlike Taehyung who was specialised in a different department, Jimin was chosen to be placed in the Paediatrician Department. He was not happy at first but at least he could keep his first child’s health personally in the hospital. He did not even let his wife sent his child to be check by any other doctor at all.

 

“What do you expect? She’s three years old already oppa. She’s a toddler now.” His wife spoke as she bounced the child on her lap with hope the girl would calm down at least a little. “She’s pretty and stubborn… just like you.” He added and that made Taehyung holding in his laughter. It was one wrong move to piss off such a sweet looking female especially when it was Kim Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter