Playground

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A happy smile still lingered on her face as she thought how delightful it was to be outside instead of the comfort of her room. Not that she had any plan of staying in there for the whole day since was painfully boring. Sure, from time to time Taehyung’s voice would invade her head but she shooed them away.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be in your room?” Jungkook suddenly asked, stopping Yein from walking any further. It was rather amusing to hear it from him since she would know a bit of her traits by now. “You want me to leave?” She playfully asked with her arms folded as she intentionally saying it in a hurtful tone.

 

“No. It’s just… um… nothing. I’m just asking.” Yein laughed out of the blue and spoke, “You are funny when you stutter. Why you have to be so adorable?” It took her seconds to realise her own sentences since she heard nothing from the young lad. Instantly, she took a glance at him, who seemed to be silent.

 

“Hello? Are you still here?” Yein said as she waved her hand in front of his face which Jungkook responded with a mere ‘sorry’. “You seem to be in a deep thought. What are you thinking?” She decided to ask as the two continued to walk to somewhere since they did not plan of going anywhere to begin with.

 

“I was just thinking about where to store all my recorded videos. Unless I find a way, I have to constantly delete videos that I recorded in the past.” He admitted as he gestured to the camera in his hand. The girl bobbed her head understandingly. It must be rather hard to do so since videos were meant to be kept so there will be something to look at in the future for reminiscent.

 

“Don’t you have any laptop or something? Are you really staying in the hospital without any gadget besides that? I never see you bring a phone ever since we met.”

 

Jungkook sadly shook his head, making her guiltier for asking in the first place. Maybe there is a reason to that, right? “I can lend you my laptop and my external hard disk if you want to. You can keep the disk since I don’t a reason to keep it anyway.” Yein suggested.

 

“I can do that? You can do that for me?” He asked in unbelievably. She seemed so kind and he thought it such a waste Taehyung did not get to see the kindness himself. But he needs to be more understanding towards Yein to start off too in order for her to be kind and follow his instructions.

 

Exchanging another set of promise, Jungkook warmly smiled at her before his eyes turned from Yein to look at his front. The lingered smile shone brighter before he nodded curtly to the front, gesturing her that they had reached a mutual destination.

 

“But this is a playground.” She said in doubt, not knowing his plan but seeing his boyish smile, she might figure out his plan of bringing her there.

 

It was an indoor playground with complete set of slides, swings and other small kids’ spring rides filling out the area. Children were running and chasing each other and Yein guessed that those were the first time they met since some were more timid than the other. By the sides were the parents, sitting maybe waiting for the visitor hour to start again for the afternoon.

 

“Let’s play, shall we?” Yein chuckled when she heard Jungkook’s voice initiating the so-called plan. She nodded and spoke, “You know me well although we just met.” And with that they ran off in synchronise towards an empty see-saw.

 

They sure played well since the adults wandering there only managed to watch them weirdly but the two ignored all the stares that were thrown at them. Even the kids seemed to enjoy their sudden company as they also joined in. Yein is totally the one kids loved to be with between the two. Children tended to swarm around her more than Jungkook since he had no idea how to play with them.

 

In the end, after minutes of playing, Yein and Jungkook settled on the empty swings as they decided to catch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter