Just One Day

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

About a week after, a day before the New Year’s Eve, Taehyung already received official news regarding Yein’s heart and its donor. He was excited to tell her that day that he had a very bright smile plastered on his face whilst walking down the hallway, earning looks from his fellow colleagues. Kim Taehyung never looked so happy before and to see him that thrill, they knew the reason behind it. 

 

Unfortunately, he actually forgotten to deliver the good news to Yein since he was busy finishing up his last minute works but since he just remembered and not wanting to let it slip off this time, he decided to tell her instantly.

 

Every step he took to her room made him more animated and filled with joy. Who would not, right? He knew the girl he had been taking care of is going to have another shot of a healthy and normal life just as planned. He was deeply thankful to the heart donor to one point he wanted to thank the fellow personally although to be frank, the owner is actually in the exact same hospital.

 

Once he arrived in front of her door, Taehyung gently knocked on the door with his heart beat increased its paced out of anticipation. Since there was no response on the other side after the third time of knocking, he decided to enter the room and prepared himself but only to be greeted with an empty bed.

 

Poking his head into the bathroom to check on her, he discovered the room was indeed vacant. Even the bed was nicely made which most likely to be in such condition only if the patient was discharged from the hospital. Letting out along yet very annoyed sigh, he ruffled his hair.

 

“She left her room again, that Jung Yein. Why must you make everything hard for me?” He questioned before storming out of the room.

 

 

It had been days that he finally was able to take a decent night sleep after fighting off series of headaches. He was in a wonderful dreamland until he felt someone shaking his body to wake his lazy body up.

 

“Um… Jungkook, someone is here for you.” He heard Junyoung’s voice waking him up and groaned. Simply tugging the blanket high enough to cover his face, he asked, “Is it the doctor?”

 

“No,” The male replied shortly before continuing after holding in his laughter, Jungkook took note there was another person in the room when he heard someone hushing Junyoung, “Can you just wake up already?” Instead of complying, Jungkook decided to wave it away. He simply assumed he was just hearing things since he indeed needed all the sleep he could have.

 

“You better be fast Jeon Jungkook or she might as well leave without you.” Junyoung stated and that made the latter sprung up from his lying position almost instantly. It caused the other two to laugh after witnessing such action from him.

 

“Hey, Jeon Jungkook, I hope you had a nice sleep.” Jungkook finally heard the other presence in the room talking which he then saw a familiar figure hiding behind his friend. A smile came on his face that if one was to say it poetically; his smile radiates the whole room.

 

“Uh… what are you doing here, Yein? And how did you even know my room?” Jungkook questioned curiously since he did not remember telling her his room location. Maybe she managed to get help as most doctors and nurses would already know where his room was.

 

“I’m here because I have a plan! I was going to tell you but Taehyung had been eyeing on me for the past couple of days that I couldn’t step out of the room without his supervision.” Yein simply replied as if that was nothing major but the next few words were what taken him aback. It took him moments to realise that she was not in her typical hospital outfit.

 

In fact she was clad in a very cute pair of black winter boots which complemented well with her light brown trench coat – total opposite of her plain shirts, jogging pants and hospital slippers. Somehow, that made him grew more self-conscious of his appearance.

 

“We are bailing out from here! From this prison like hospital,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter