Promise

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been about a week after their last hang out and the fact they constantly was able to sneak out had at least managed to reduce the boredom of staying within the hospital ground. It was a routine for Jungkook to come by her room whenever the clock 11 since she had no idea where his room was. Not in her mind had the idea of asking about it. Maybe she should ask him the next time they meet up.

 

Unfortunately for Yein, it was just another ordinary day where Taehyung entered her room with his clip-file in his hands and stethoscope hung on his neck. She saw him placing the mentioned file on a table before proceed to the curtain. Since it was another ordinary day, it only made sense to hear Yein groaned underneath her blanket, demanded the curtain to be closed. She needed her sleep especially since most of her energy used up from her secret night activity – which thankfully, her personal doctor had no idea of.

 

Not aware of the time, the girl casually adjusted her position in the bed. She completely ignores the young doctor’s existence in the room which led him to sigh as per usual. Gently shaking her body, he tried his best to wake her up since it was rather late for her to sleep. She used to be an early riser although technically speaking; she had nothing to do in the mornings anyways. That made him curious though but he let it slip – which he did multiple of times already including that day.

 

“What time is it?” Taehyung heard her mumbled underneath her blanket. At first he purposely remained silent but seeing that the clock went on pretty fast, he replied, “It is 10 already, Yein. Now get up.”

 

“Really? Oh, wow, I slept that long?” She yawned in between her lines but she knew better. She pretended to not know since she did not want him to know she had been keeping herself awake till three in the morning just to hang out with her new found friend.

 

“Sorry, Tae oppa. I’ll go wash up first, okay?” Yein managed to utter out as she jumped off her bed and walked towards the bathroom located in the room. Once she closed the door, she did her daily routine but unlike any other morning, she never felt as fatigue as today.

 

Her body seemed to be in slumber and she felt extremely cold when her skin came in contact with water running from the tap. Placing her hand on her forehead, she groaned when she realised the potential reason of being at such state. Hence, it was time to put on her fake healthy state.

 

Walking out of the washroom slowly, Yein saw Taehyung still standing by the bed. Maybe he was scanning through the past examination results, she thought. When he saw her done from the corner of his eyes, he immediately gestured her to sit on her bed to begin with her daily check-up.

 

He checked her vital health sign first such as her heartbeat and of course her body temperature. Seeing the thermometer being taken out of his white coat, Yein became twice as aware and Taehyung actually detected her weird reaction. He wanted to ask but it is Yein and he would always give her all the chance he could give to her as he decided to trust her.

 

When he inserted a covered digital thermometer, Taehyung decided to fill in the time with his cliché questions like ‘What are you planning to do today?’ and such. Not that he would let her go and wander around the hospital but at least he knew her plan for the day.

 

The doctor’s head tilted his head sideways upon witnessing the particular day’s result. He reset the thermometer before speaking, “Put it again.”

 

Yein had her breath held in when she heard that statement. Who was she kidding? Taehyung is not the youngest doctor in Seoul Hospital for nothing. Though he was just a mere trainee but his intelligence was the one managed to earn his sister’s trust. She had a feeling that he would know about her secret sooner than expected.

 

“Uh? Why?” She asked as if she did not know what was going on with her. “I just want to be on the safe side.” The girl rolled her eyes, faking to be annoyed at his action but in reality she was trying to prepare the rage that prepared ahead for her. 

 

The sound of the ‘beep’ was heard coming off the apparatus after a moment. The young doctor retrieved the thermometer before letting out a knowing-long sigh. If a stare could kill, Yein might be dead by then which she did not welcome with open arms just yet (and never will be). Looking at the girl, he decided to ask the most expected question.

 

“Have you been sneaking out of your room these days?” Surprising to Yein, he seemed to ask her in the calmest tone ever but she knew that there was still more trapped inside, waiting to be unleashed any minute now. But daringly, she replied his question with a shake of the head which made the calm expression turned darker.

 

“Please, it doesn’t hurt to be honest, Yein. Let me ask you again. Did you or did you or did you not go out, behind my back during I don’t know… at midnight? ” The addition

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter