Never Again

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a wonderful and beautiful day for a simple walk by the Han River. The sun shines, the river flows graciously and the wind was just calming. It was indeed a surprise if anyone would not take the chance to be out of the concrete jungle after so long. Breathing in the fresh morning air, a young girl in her late teen years with man clad in white shirt and black pants accompanying her seemed to be enjoying their day as expected.

 

Being the typical happy-go-lucky girl, Jung Yein suddenly chuckled before she began to jog faster and faster. Her cheeky smile on grew wider at the companion’s voice from behind. 

 

“Jung Yein, stop jogging! You're sick remember?” The friendly voice reminded. One should know better that the young man was being serious and worried of the girl’s condition. She turned around only see her friend frowning at her. He was definitely pissed; she thought silently and replied, “I don't care! Do what you like, love what you do!” she yelled a line from a song called Never Give Up of a sub-unit group.

 

Kim Taehyung sighed tiredly whilst shaking his head. He knew the girl would never listen to his demands whenever they were out of the crowded building but some things must be done or she might had to learn her condition the hard way. As for Yein though, she increased her pace before Taehyung realised it, she started to run off. “If you want me to stop, catch me if you can!" She stuck her tongue out at him and laughed. 

 

Not wanting to lose her in the park, he also increased his speed. Taehyung had always been a bookworm back in high-school and being inactive in sports was not a surprise to many, including Yein herself. Which explained why she took all the chances she had to be away from him for the time being. From metres away, he finally shouted, “Yein! Stop running!”

 

Yein laughter became louder as the distance between them increased its distance. Looking forward once again, her bright smile grew darker and from a distance, Taehyung could see the girl shaking her head.

 

Black spots began to fill her sight before her pace decreased. Taehyung ran to her, knowing what had happened with the girl. As soon as he arrived at her location, Yein's body shut down and thankfully he was there just in time to catch her. “Didn’t I tell you this will happen? When will ever start to listen to me, just for once?” He stated while shaking his head even though he knew she would not able to listen to it anyways.

 

 

A young male which seemed to be off Yein’s age stood by the upper level of the hospital’s lobby with a video camera on his hand. It had always been his most-loved activity of the day to be there and record anything interesting happened there. The nurses that were working there let him wandered around the place alone since they knew that he would not go anywhere outside the hospital to begin with.

 

Out of the blue, the emergency entrance opened with a very loud thud and from his point of view, a girl was being pushed on the stretcher by the paramedics. He saw a familiar looking female doctor being there too just like any other day and he immediately recorded the ‘event’ that was happening in front of him.

 

“Didn’t I tell you to take care of her? What kind of personal doctor are you?” The female doctor babbled at the young looking doctor, who seemed tensed after being yelled for the nth time of his new career. “I told her already, noona! She didn't want to listen.” the young doctor reported helpless and heard the female doctor stating somewhere along the line not to bring the girl out of the hospital ground anymore. 

 

Once they were out of his sight, he turned the video camera off with a soft smile of satisfaction appeared on his face. He had no idea what he would do with all of his collection of recorded videos but he simply felt elated. Sure, he was not able to save every single one of it since he had limit number of memory space but it was worth to kill some of his time.

 

He walked towards an elevator which led to the floor where his room was located. While waiting for the elevator to bring him up to his desired level, he replayed the video out of boredom. A sad smile came on his face when he saw the poor girl’s body being pushed in the midst of small fight between the doctors. If she was to be awake at that time, she might get shocked by it. His eyes tore off the camera’s screen once the elevator door opened.

 

Upon arri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter