Love Is Not Over

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the morning after a week of the New Year’s Day, Jungkook woke up in cold sweat. His dream was not a good one and as for his condition, his head only got dizzier as hours passed by. To put it in an easy way, he felt miserable. It was also Junyoung’s last day to be in the hospital. Being one of the closest one to him, Junyoung witnessed his friend disturbed sleep since the constant shifting of the bed had been disturbing him as well.

 

As Jungkook was about to leave to the bathroom to wash up, a doctor came by to his room, calling by his surname. The voice sounded rather common now and he did not have to look at the person to know the owner. Returning back from washing up, he came to see a sad looking Doctor Park.

 

“Jeon Jungkook, am I right?” Jungkook nodded his head when he heard Jimin asked. Why did he bother asking when he literally had been acting like his personal doctor for the past few days? Well that was because unknown to Jungkook, he had been a part of his research.

 

Can you recall the so-called thesis Jimin had to finish up? He almost had everything nailed down and when daily reports on Jungkook suddenly piled on his table, it was only logic for him to finally properly look at them. An idea struck in his mind and it was only then he thought it might be an ideal thing to do to connect the dots that had remained blank. That was when he discovered something.

 

“Jungkook, a result final come in, like finally. The doctors managed to diagnose your mysterious disease.” Jimin reported slowly and for some reason that made Jungkook all fidgety on his position. When the doctor told him to sit on his bed for the final check-up, he finally took in one particular word that managed to catch his attention the most.

 

Staring blandly at Jungkook’s figure, Junyoung also was speechless once Jimin was done with his explanation. He was not good in the medical terms but everything finally made sense now. “So as you can see, I need you think this through. I’ll give you time but sadly to say, you have no choice anyway.” Jimin continued on and stood up from his sitting position.

 

“I’ll be in my office when you make up your mind.” With that said, Doctor Park finally walked out of the room, leaving the room all silence. Junyoung had nothing to say but to be frank it was not that he had nothing to say, he simply did not want to make the situation worse. It was dark as it is.

 

“Junyoung, can you do me one favour?” Jungkook said in an awfully soft voice but thankfully Junyoung was able to grab it clearly thanks to the mute surrounding. “Anything for you, Jungkook. I don’t mind helping you if it’s the last thing I can do for you.”

 

Bobbing his head slowly, Jungkook bowed down low enough to take out the bag pack he carried around on the previous week before taking out his video camera. He did not have to say much but Junyoung seemed to know his intention.

 

“Take one?”

 

 

The next day came rolling by rather fast and Taehyung had long started the New Year up fresh as he decided to let Yein sneaking out passed. At least she came back in a good condition and he was glad to see her sleeping soundly. Of course Jimin kept his promise by not informing their encounter since he thought it was the best to keep on the young one’s good side anyway.

 

Nevertheless, the week already passed and once he arrived at Yein’s door just like any other ordinary day in the mornings, he knocked it lightly but loud enough to be heard from the inside. Since he noticed there was no sound, he gently pushed the door open only to see the girl still in her deep slumber.

 

“Yein, wake up. It’s time for your morning check-up and breakfast,” The doctor friendly informed her as she shook her body softly. He glanced at the wall clock nearby only to see it was almost noon. “Come on, Yein. It almost lunch time too.” But his attempt seemed to fail that day.

 

Looking around her room, he noticed the curtain was still closed, an indication that she indeed had not wake up which was rather worrying. He might be late than usual for the check-up due to the number of patients he had to meet first. Nevertheless, seeing her still on her bed made him uneasy.

 

Taehyung tried again, shaking her stronger in force, hoping she would wake up but to his dismay, she did not move. Not even a sound of her groan in annoyance.  “Yein,” He called his name repeatedly and his voice cracked when there was still no response. “Yein? Jung Yein, wake up. Don’t fool me now, Yein. I need you to be awake.” He managed to utter out of nervousness.

 

He turned her body around after lifting the blanket covering her. Scanning her face in a flash, he finally noticed, “Her lips… it’s too pale.” He stated anxiously and immediately took her hand to check on her pulse by her wrist. “It’s slow… awfully slow.” He contemplated and decided to shake her for the final time.

 

“No, please. Yein, wake up! Oh my God, I need to call her now.” Taehyung thought rationally and instantly ran out of the room, causing chaos among the passers-by but it was his sister’s attention all he needed at it worked.

 

The sister entered the room at the fastest pace she could muster to check on the girl’s condition. She was making sure Taehyung was not being his stupid self and he did not. “Bring her to the ICU, now!” She commanded and gestured Taehyung to follow along since he was his personal doctor after all.

 

 

Three years flew by so fast after all the drama happened in her life. It was also her final day of an annual sports event. Yein saw a glimpse of Taehyung in the midst of the crowd which made her smile widely. Knowing that someone was there to give her all the support she needed.

 

The twenty-two-year-old Jung Yein is finally able to be back on the tracks and she never felt so alive in her whole life. Yes, thanks to God, she actually went on an unexpected surgery, a heart transplant. It was one of the most intense moments in Taehyung’s life in his opinion since he never expected for the day to come.

 

Taehyung and Jimin also managed to graduate from their Medical School with flying colours and without any hesitation, the head of Seoul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter