Memories

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After doing the usual late-night check-up on Yein for the day, Taehyung slowly walked towards the staff room. Not that he was that tired or anything major but his brain had been doing some thinking about ways of improving his productivity at work. Sure, he is a personal doctor to Yein; nevertheless he still had to keep on track with other patients walking in and out of the hospital especially when the hospital is short of doctors for the day.

 

Pushing the door to his workspace with a long sigh, he went straight to his desk where it was full of white files, papers and scattered stationaries which he never had the decent time to rearrange it back to its original places. Seeing the messy table only made him let out another loud yet short sigh. He was too deep in thought to even notice his colleague entering the room with a cup in his hand.

 

“Tired?” Taehyung turned around, glancing at his friend before placing his head on the side of his work table and replied honestly, “Yeah, but not that tired that will make me passed out or anything. How about you? Aren’t you supposed to be working at the Emergency Room today, Jimin?”

 

The mentioned male simply smiled at the question as he took a sip of his coffee, making his body to feel buzzed for the next few hours if it actually helped. “I managed to switch shift with Hoseok for the next three nights. I still need a legit night sleep and some reports to be done. You should know that by now.”

 

Taehyung nodded upon hearing Jimin’s plan and lifted his head before gathering his pens and pencils and placing them neatly in the nearest stationary holder. The room grew silent as they parted ways in term of mind but seeing that his friend was being too silent was worrying.

 

“Taehyung, is there any news regarding that girl so far? I only skimmed through those papers that came in for you though. I want to know about it too.” Jimin asked as he walked towards the other doctor and landed his empty hand on the male’s shoulder. Since Taehyung had no intention of talking, Jimin pushed him further until the latter burst.

 

“It’s just the same alright? There’s nothing major just yet. The heart scans show…”

 

“I don’t think it is her heart that needs to be scanned though. I think it supposed to be yours. If you like her for like… how long is it?” Purposely hanging on the fact with a question with an already known answer, Jimin shook his head when he saw his friend’s head landed on the neater side of the table.

 

“I’m not a Psychologist like Namjoon but I do think that this tiredness in you happened to have her name written all over it. And I’m saying this because I haven’t seen you this devastated before. What happened while I was on the night shift anyway?” Jimin added on and heard Taehyung incoherent mumbling since he had his arm covering his face.

 

“It seems like she had been getting closer with that mysterious kid now. What should I even do?” Taehyung repeated after being demanded to do so with a clearer voice. Confusion took over Jimin’s face and seeing that Taehyung explained further, “You know that kid I talked to you about, the one constantly roaming around the hospital without any guardian?”

 

“You mean Jungkook? But he’s such a nice kid. Are you perhaps… jealous?” Jimin leaned closer with a smirk plastered on his face. Pushing his face out of his sight, Taehyung turned around before leaving his seat. “I’m heading home.” He said shortly literally leaving Jimin alone just like any other typical nights.

 

“Kim Taehyung, who knew you, would be jealous of someone like Jungkook?”

 

 

After minutes of walking without any plans in mind, Yein hesitantly looked around with cautious. A few steps ahead of her, Jungkook seemed to be caught up in his own train of thoughts. Just as he said previously, he simply winged anything came across his mind and if she was to ask where he was leading to, she would not earn any answer. But she questioned him for the third time.

 

“Where are we going, really, Jungkook? It doesn’t hurt you to answer me, right? Why are you ignoring me?” Yein showered him with endless questions as those were only a few of it. Instead of answering, she saw him still walking in silence in front of her. As she was about to call out his name again, she bumped on his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter