Miss Right

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once they bid their goodbyes to Jessica, it was already afternoon and their stomach grumbled in synchronise. Laughing nervously at the random sound, they thought it was the best option to eat whatever came to mind. Both of them began to figure out a plan what to eat and where to go next until Yein suddenly cut off Jungkook’s sentence with a yell.

 

“It’s the bus! Let’s go!” After that she pulled Jungkook with the leftover strength remained in her, completely forgetting the event that took place in her cousin’s shop. “Can we eat first though? You’re hungry too.” He managed to say in the midst of being dragged to the now stopping bus.

 

“We can eat at the park in Yeoido. I know a good place there. Come on.” She stated her plan as she pushed his body just so he could comply with her plans.

 

The bus was expectedly empty since other tend to take the subway instead of the buses to be there but Yein preferred the bus rather than the subway since it would take most of her time anyway as she loved going about the city in a slow pace. It was simply because she had no idea when it will be her last time to witness such beautiful scenery of Seoul if she was to disappear one day.

 

Letting her sit by the window, Jungkook on the other hand took his own time to look at her at a close distant instead of looking the scenery out of the bus just like her. They seemed to have different view and perspective but their mind had been only thinking the same think.

 

They had the same intention and they supposedly had the same fate lying in front of them. It was only logic to make use of their unknown remaining time anyway. He was indeed thankful that she decided to bring him out after so long though. He thought it would be a bad idea since this would only lead her to get yell by her doctor and prevented him to be able to see her more than often.

 

Jungkook secretly sighed as he turned his gaze away from the girl as he recalled Junyoung’s friendly advices. But none of them seemed to be good for him at the moment since he had only been going with the flow.

 

Minutes of riding the bus, Jungkook suddenly felt a sting in his head and as if the world around him was rotation crazily, he managed to grab on anything he could reach at the moment with hope the pain would subside. Unknown to him, it was Yein’s left hand he was strongly holding.

 

The grasp managed to get her attention as she turned to see him shaking his head from time to time. “Are you alright? You look pale.” She asked at him whilst trying to tuck away his bangs to be able to see him better but he softly pushed her hand away before it reached him.

 

After taking a couple of deep breaths, Jungkook finally responded since the pain seemed to fade. “I’m fine now. Maybe we have not eaten anything since we left the hospital.” He ensured and threw a similar worried glance at her, “And sees who’s talking? Your lips are getting pale.”

 

Not wanting him to sympathise of her, Yein ignored his statement and replied, “I told you, there is this one shop at the park. We’ll be alright.” Jungkook nodded before leaned back on his seat uncomfortably. She saw his eyebrows furrowed and how can she not be worried of him now? He never acted that way.

 

“Are you sure you’re doing fine? We can always head back to the hospital.” She said in a defeated tone. To be honest, she did not want to end the day just yet but seeing he was getting worse only made her worry of him grew. “I’m fine. I will be. You said yourself, there’s food there.” He cut her line to confirm it before looking away.

 

‘I don’t want you to be disappointed of me. Not yet.’ He thought and closed his eyes, wishing that the pain would not visit him as he took a quick nap.

 

As soon the bus stopped at their destination, Yein woke Jungkook up. He was napping well and thankfully there was nothing disturbing him in between. Once they jumped off the bus, it was only then Jungkook realised where they came to stop. His eyes began to wander around the park, noticing the number of children running around and there was a warm feeling igniting in him.

 

Banpo Hangang Park – it was one of the many of his favourite places to hang out with his friends before he was officially admitted in the hospital. It was also refreshing knowing that he was back at a place he loved to be at. Yein was sensible and he bet she had no idea of it at all. The fact it was she bringing him there, he could not be happier.

 

“The strawberry waffles taste sweet just I expected it to be.” Yein beamed joyfully as she munched down her snack. She took Jungkook to the same café she visited when she went to with Taehyung but she did not tell him about it of course. “The air feels good huh? I wish I can stay here forever!” Yein continued when she saw him nodding.

 

The park was indeed full of people walking around, simply enjoying the beautiful scenery of Han River after a hard day at work and there were even students maybe of their age loitering with their friends and families. Plus, the weather was being super kind with them as the sun was shining brightly, making them forget that it was winter.

 

“Yeah, it felt nice to be outside after coping in the hospital for three years straight.” Jungkook agreed after finishing his waffles with a nod.

 

“Jungkook, look over there! Let’s play!” Yein suddenly shouted before running off to join a couple of children running around a familiar looking playground.

 

It was not much in Yein’s opinion but it was to Jungkook since he remembered being there most of the time whenever he waited for his friends who attended another school. Looking beyond the playground, a soft smile came on his lips.

 

Instead of stopping her from playing, he decided to walk to the basketball court he had been eyeing on. There was a fence around the court and that made him sighed as he reminisce his good old days actually playing a good game of basketball. But then again, the court was not used just for basketball. It was also where all his and his friends were at for random dance battles and practicing parkour.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter