A Person Like Me

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After catching up with his good friend, Jungkook and Yein both said their goodbyes at the same time as the sun about to set on the west. They also planned to meet again later that night when he knew that there will be a parkour performance at the park. He thought it would be fun to finally show Yein what it actually was and maybe could freshen up one of his old moves. Yoongi also would like him to meet a friend of his that he met in university.

 

“When will it begin, Yoongi hyung? I haven’t seen it for the longest time!” Jungkook enthusiastically called out once he found Yoongi in the middle of the crowd.

 

Just as expected, there were many people of their age surrounding the fence of the basketball court and it brought him a lot of memories of the past. Jungkook and Yein managed to get themselves a decent spot right at the front of the crowd and they saw the crew was getting ready with equipment.

 

Wooden boxes and metal poles were already placed in the corners of the court and Jungkook already expecting a mind-blowing performance. Getting out his almost dead camera, he decided to record some of the performance. Yoongi had long left the two but he came again with a bright smile on his face which would be only for one reason.

 

“My friend will be performing a dance for the opening act. So listen to the song carefully because I heard it is amazing.” Yoongi told them and made Jungkook laughed, knowing that the song must be his work as per usual. Too bad it was not him to deliver the performance.

 

The music started off with the sound of a string instrument and a dancer sitting at the centre stage in the court. Judging by the number of screaming, Jungkook knew that this person might already have his own set of fans and it made him missed dancing a lot more. There was a tinge of jealousy sparking in him but he thought it was the best to ignore the feeling.

 

As both Jungkook and Yein enjoying the performance for the next fifteen seconds, they gasped out of astonishment when they saw the very familiar looking performer. When Yein already done registering the surprising turn of event, they heard a familiar voice blasting from the speaker. He was too stunned to even hear his voice singing a song that he remembered recording with Yoongi.

 

After the dance performance ended, Jungkook decided to leave the rest of the performance aside and pulled Yein with him, not wanting to simply leave her in the crowd. As soon as he made it to the supposedly be the backstage, he encountered Yoongi who was happily talking to his friend, that dancer.

 

“You used Dope for him to dance? That was ‘my’ signature song for ‘my’ performances.” Jungkook said in an almost disappointing tone but his friend’s respond was expected. “It was but I thought you would not be on stage again so I let him use the song.” The dancer though stood silently, not knowing how to clear things up.

 

“And as for you,” Jungkook turned his attention. “What are you supposed to do here? I thought you’re busy at the hospital.” The other seemed shocked by the statement since he had no idea what kind of comeback he should be using. Yein who had been keeping shut had a thing to say as well.

 

“Yeah, I was surprised. For a trainee doctor like Tae oppa, you sure can dance.” She suddenly complimented and that made Jungkook groaned in annoyance. “You shouldn’t encourage him. Now how are we supposed to head back when this guy knows our whereabouts?”

 

“Is that what you’re worrying about? If you know Jimin long enough, you should know that he is just one call away from this guy you’re afraid of.” Yoongi interfered in a calm and orderly manner. “He stalked me just so he could report me to Doctor Kim and you’re telling me to trust him?” Jungkook added on.

 

“Nah, Jungkook you should not worry too much. Unlike Taehyung, I don’t like to play doctor out of the hospital. Do you know how hard it is to face patients like you?” Jimin frankly stated and before a fight could start, Yein stopped by standing in between them.

 

“Then I suggest we should just leave, now. Come on, Jungkook.” Yein tugged his hand gently and thankfully, he obligated. Not even a second glance thrown at the two friends he left behi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter