Second Confession (Alternate Ending)

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yein, I need you to check this for me.”

 

“By any chances our sponsors have responded to our e-mails?”

 

“Is the Set and Props team done with the stage? I need to set the lights and audio equipment now. Can you call them for me?”

 

Poor Jung Yein. As soon as she was recovered after the surgery, as planned she continued her studies to Seoul National University under the Business Department. However, that did not stop her from being physically active. Since being in the Sports Club would only make her current condition worse, she thought it would be good to join the Performing Arts Club.

 

Three years had passed by and there she stood in the middle of the basketball court in the university with people constantly bombing her with questions and statements for her to answer. “I shouldn’t accept the title as the President of the PAC in the first place.” Yein mumbled incoherently as her ears picked up another question that was meant for her to answer.

 

“For the last time, I don’t know, alright. These should be under Hwanhee’s supervision not me. Speaking of Hwanhee, where is that good for nothing guy. He should be helping me not wandering off to wherever he might be off to.” She finally burst as the last few words were told to no one in particular. The girl stormed out of the court which was not surprising to the students running errands in the court.

 

The main reason why Yein was so stressed out was due to the fact the university annual fundraising day was going to hold on the very next day and seeing that the Vice President of PAC was nowhere to be seen on the campus ground made her furious.

 

But to be honest, she liked being occupied with university work like assignments and such. It managed to act as a major distraction for the past three years. Taehyung might swing by if his schedule back at the hospital was not as hectic for lunch and listened to her constant rambling of life. Nevertheless, her thought tended to wander off whenever she was not doing anything in particular. It was not something she wanted.

 

The Performing Arts building was not located far from the basketball court which was fortunate. There were a number of students of the mentioned major walking about in their shorts and shirts. Maybe they just finished their classes and practices. There were not many of them though since most people would prefer Seoul of Performing Arts Academy if they were to venture into the field.

 

Once she stepped into the studio section of the building, she stumbled upon a familiar face, her classmate with his back facing her. Walking faster than before, Yein jogged towards the male before tapping on his shoulder to gain his attention. The male then spun around once he jolted in shock.

 

“You surprised me. What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at the court?” The guy of same age as Yein, namely Lee Dongyeol questioned her as he fully faced her. “I was but I’m trying to find Hwanhee. Have you seen him anywhere? You’re his partner in crime after all.” Yein good-naturedly shrugged.

 

“I think he should be in the studio right at where you entered.” He replied as he pointed beyond her back. “You think? Wait, you guys are no in the same team?” It was her turn to ask.

 

It was rather surprising to know that among all best of friends in the campus, Dongyeol and Hwanhee were separated. Well, it was a good thing anyway. From what she heard by the Performance Bureau of the event, those two might have the best chemistry together but they had two distinct colours in terms of performances which was why they were put into different teams. But they still gather and perform together in the end.

 

“Thanks for the information by the way. Good luck... baby good luck to you.” Yein cheekily danced to one of BEAST’s song before leaving. However, not without hearing Dongyeol’s voice saying, “It’s Hwanhee’s team that perform BEAST’s song not us by the way.” Rolling her eyes, she mimicked his way of talking.

 

“Of course I know that. The proposal needed to pass me first before the Dean.” She stated as matter-of-factly. Little that he knew, she was actually embarrassed for being so random all of the sudden. It was not her at all to appear goofy while in campus.

 

Because after all, the only ones that knew her cheerful side would be Taehyung and Jimin, the legitimate doctors of Seoul Hospital and... Jeon Jungkook.

 

It would be impossible to forget him and the fact his face would come by her dreams made her rethink if it was a dream or nightmare for her. Some dreams appeared to be very sweet while some made her wake up in cold sweat.

 

Shaking her head for the last time, Yein finally realised that she already stood by the door Dongyeol had mentioned earlier. It was only yesterday she barged into the room only to witness boys clad in black and white tank tops respectively. Just remembering it made her flustered and blushing out of embarrassment all over again.

 

After letting out a long and deep sigh, she clutched the file in her hand closer to her chest before gently knocking on the studio door. There was a soft sound of steps from the other side of the door and a faint music which she assumed already being turned off by the time the door was opened for her. The male greeted her with a bright smile.

 

“Good afternoon, Minsoo oppa.” She meekly greeted when she heard his greeting. Minsoo good-naturedly opened the door wider for her to enter the studio.

 

For a bunch of boys that had been practising in a fully air-conditioned room, they were still sweating buckets but that did not stop her from finding the person she had desperately needed help from. He seemed to be having a good time with his friends though while she was running around to settle the problems that supposedly are his.

 

“Lee Hwanhee, didn’t I reminded you to help me today? Especially now? You promised too.” Yein told him and saw Hwanhee simply laid his body on the wooden floor, tired from the constant practice. “I try my best, alright? It’s not my fault I have to not just supervising but to perform as well. And it’s not easy songs either.” He whined.

 

Yein walked closer to his spot before towering above him with threatening eyes. “One more round and come by the court. The least you can do is to actually show up. And I thought Dongyeol’s team supposed to practice today as well. I mean, the performance day is tomorrow.”

 

“That’s because unlike me, I actually have a lot of singing parts and let me tell you, the fact these guys forced me to take Baekhyun’s line in Love Me Right is not helping.” He replied before changing his position to a sitting position. Smirking, Yein glared at him before saying, “Well, it is not their fault when you have almost the same voice like him. Maybe you look like him too now to think of it.”

 

“Yein!” He groaned which earned an answer not far from their location. “Sunyoul hyung, I wasn’t taking to you.” The ‘female’ Yein only managed to hold in laughter since judging by the look, the ‘male’ Yein did not look happy.

 

“It’s not my fault we have the same name. Anyway, when is our turn to perform tomorrow, Yein? Maybe we can still sneak in some time to practice.” Sunyoul asked and got a nod of agreement from their leader.

 

Looking at the clipboard in her hand, Yein carefully scanned the agenda list for the performance. There were quite a number of performances tomorrow and some of it was not even from Seoul National University since other universities were also welcome including Seoul of Performing Arts Academy. The mentioned university will be performing last on the list.

 

Just as promised, Hwanhee followed her out of the studio and headed to the court after practising for one last time before the next day arrived. Although he might be slacking off once in a while but everything went according to plan.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter