Mysterious Lady

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky was dark as it was starless that night. Looking down from the top, street lights aligned neatly in parallel lines. If it was to install in a scattered manner, one could imagine looking at an artificial night sky filled with stars right beneath them. The wind was rather chilly for someone that forgot to bring along a jacket to cover up. Wrapping his hands around his torso, he slowly glanced upwards before letting out a long sigh.

 

He had always been up there alone from time to time to pass time. It was included in his to-do list since the day he found the access to the rooftop area in the hospital. No nurses or staffs let him know the place though. He recalled seeing a panic expression on the nurse’s face when he asked about it.

 

At first, he thought it was somewhere dangerous to be at since they were so afraid of telling him. But he once saw a man clad in blue suit going up to the highest floor after he wandered around at the lobby with his camera like always. When questioned, the man remained silent and not giving up so easily, he continued to boom him with more questions until the man gave up and brought him to the top of the hospital.

 

Locating on the rooftop area was nothing but an empty space besides massive air-conditioned related machines on the corner of the building. That explained why they did not bother telling him. But if they did prevent him, he would be up there anyways, just like that day.

 

He took a seat on an old chair that seemed like it would collapse any time soon. He remembered taking the small chair for what people would use during fishing or some sort from his room. The last time it was used when his mother came to visit him.

 

The last time was literally the last, the end.

 

Once his mother passed away, his father remarried another woman and brought along a daughter that happened to be older than him by three years. She came once, leaving him with a video camera and never came back - which explained why Jeon Jungkook did not seem to have any visitor coming from the entrance, who he waited every single day… with hope. Miracle enough, his father did not seem to forget to pay the hospital bills.

 

Jungkook had both of his hands outwards and began to form a rectangular shape with his finger, trying to get a good angle of the sky without his camera. He left it in his room since the battery was running out surprisingly fast these days. Tilting his head sideways, he changed the formation of his hands and made a telescope-like shape before squinting though.

 

“What are you doing?” He jolted in his seat once he heard a voice asking out of nowhere. Letting his hands down, Jungkook turned around to see the owner of the voice. He first assumed it was coming from a female and he was indeed right.

 

Standing behind him was that girl in the video. The pretty one if he was to add Junyoung’s statement. Unlike him, she had a long black coat covering her from the wind. Not she would notice it anyway. Stepping forward, the girl stood on his right without making any eye contact with him before speaking, “I'm sorry for disturbing you. You can continue with… whatever you were doing.” 

 

Instead of looking away, his eyes seemed to follow her movements as she simply looked up to nowhere in particular. She played with the cufflinks of her coat once in a while and even adjusted the position of it out of consciousness. Feeling her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter