It's Okay

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since the silence was too much for him to handle, Jungkook decided to wander around as always. His eyes though only looked on his right where the windows were. Seoul had been receiving quite a number of snow and the trees were no longer green. He could tell the weather was twice as cold, noticing the frost in the corners of the glass windows. Glancing forward once again, he finally realised the decoration around the hospital.

 

“It’s that time of the year again.” He mumbled as he passed by a few holiday wreaths that were hung along the hallway’s wall. Even the counter on the current floor had cute little trees with ornaments lighting up the area, lifting up the spirit of the holiday, Christmas Day.

 

Being in the hospital after almost three years, it made him lost count the days and the exact dates. Fortunately, the calendar at the lobby area was helpful from time to time. Not that he would need the information anyway.

 

“I wonder if Yein has any plan for Christmas.” Jungkook thought and reminded himself that his life was nowhere near to hers. At least she had personal doctor to keep her company during that day even if her father was busy. He had been doing nothing on that day since the past two years and that year would be the same.

 

Jungkook was indeed in deep thought as he strode down the hallway which was only then he noticed he just entered the noisy cafeteria. He smiled as his heart suddenly felt warm just remembering the day he accompanied Yein and knowing she was not around made his smile turned upside down in a flash. That was until he heard a very familiar voice calling his name in the midst of the chaotic area.

 

“Yein?” Jungkook spoke softly with his head tilted sideways. It was rather unusual for him to see her that happy being out of her room and seeing that she frantically gesturing him to join her made him rethink. When he saw another figure had joined her table, he finally realised with who she was with but he joined them anyway.

 

“Good afternoon, Doctor Kim.” He good-naturedly greeted as he sat right across to Yein who was super elated to see him. “Do you know him, Tae oppa?” The young doctor nodded upon hearing the question once he gulped down his drink.

 

“Yeah, of course I know him. He’s the one doctors tend to talk about in the office. No offence Jungkook.” Taehyung frankly told but Jungkook did not seem to be surprise by the statement. Who would not be talking about him when he who apparently had an unknown disease and loitering around the hospital grounds every single day, right?

 

“Hey, Jungkook.” Yein decided to cut through when she mistook Jungkook bored expression with an awkward expression. “Christmas is coming in two days. Want to follow us and celebrate? It will be fun.” Little that the girl knew, Taehyung almost choked his food when he heard her inviting Jungkook to join in their plan.

 

‘But I already planned on just spending the day, just us.’ He thought and recalled his last night’s conversation with Jimin in their office.

 

 

Just like any other night after the night check-up, Taehyung thought it would be great to burn the midnight oil and wrote off a few pages down for his thesis. Being a trainee doctor was tiring enough but he seeing the reports piling up made him realised he was still being supervised by his professor back at his university. It was a rare place to do the assignment if you asked anyone, really.

 

Leaning his back as he reread his supposedly daily written work, he suddenly heard a very common sigh coming from his left. “What are you doing, Jimin?” Taehyung good-naturedly question since it was the only thing he could do after being stuck on the same page for the past ten minutes.

 

“The thesis because why else would I be here at this kind of time?” Jimin replied with an insincere laughter and from Taehyung’s observation, the blank page he saw as soon as he entered the room was still blank. It was not a shocker to him though. Therefore, he decided to ask, “What is your topic on again?”

 

“Nae-gle- I can barely say the thing and how does our professor expected me to do research on this? What’s yours then?” Taehyung shook his head. He remembered telling his friend his topic a couple of days before and there he was asking the same thing again. Nevertheless, he replied anyways before continuing to type on laptop.

 

“I told you, its cardiac transplantation. It is a lucky topic – that’s what you said.”

 

“The one you can learn by taking care of Yein, am I right? S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter