Dear Bride

Pictures in My Head: Recorded Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yein, can you at least tell me why are we here again? People are staring at us and I don’t like it one bit.” Jungkook admitted as he seemed to scan his surroundings more than he supposed to since he felt very uncomfortable. “My cousin owns a bridal shop and I thought I should drop by since it had been so long.”

 

“Great.” He mumbled and to his luck Yein was not able to hear him since she busied herself by fan-girl-ing over the so-called pretty white dresses she saw as they passed by the shops.

 

AhYeon-dong is a neighbourhood filled with shops related with the wedding event, making it a bridal paradise. The shops have it all, from the newest wedding dress styles to unique, one-of-a-kind designs. Brides can have dresses made-to-order for affordable prices or simply borrow a dress for their special day. This area has become popular with many tourists looking to see the latest wedding attire.

 

Putting the random fact away, they finally stopped in front of a very classic yet chic looking bridal store. He even heard her squealing out of excitement. ‘What’s with girls and pretty things? The least she can do is to actually fan-girl over her own cute self. Oh wait, that sounds weird.’

 

A melodious sound of the wind chimes greeted their ears as they entered the wedding boutique. Just as what she expected, the interior was as elegant as the exterior. The mannequins with all sorts of outfits were neatly arranged on the left side of the area as soon as they walked in. The wall was painted with pastel colours, just like the ones she used to adore so much.

 

“Oh, hello and welco- Jung Yein is that you?” A woman in her late twenties warmly welcomed them with a super bright smile and if it was possible, it lidded even brighter upon seeing it was her cousin coming as her visitor.

 

“Aw, it had been so long since the last time I see you. How’s life in the hospital? I’m sorry I couldn’t visit you as often now. There were so many people getting married and new clothes coming in and I only have myself to do everything.” She explained without any stop. The only reason she actually stopped was because she finally saw another figure tailing behind her cousin.

 

“Yein, I don’t know you have a boyfriend. He’s good-looking. Such nice taste you have here.” Since Yein did not want to appear rude in front of someone older than her, she could only let out an awkward chuckle. “Sica unnie, he’s not my… boyfriend. But he is a friend.” She cleared out not knowing that she suddenly felt disappointed admitting such thing.

 

Shaking her sudden thoughts away, Yein finally got around introducing the two since she was very sure that her cousin needs to know him by his name. That was the least she could do.

 

“Jeon Jungkook, Jessica unnie. Jessica unnie, Jeon Jungkook.” She introduced them shortly without any prolong hesitant and as if on cue, Jungkook bowed slightly in respect to the mentioned female. “Nice to meet you too, Jungkook. And you two come at the most perfect timing ever. I can use help at the dressing room. Come along.” Jessica good-naturedly gestured them to follow her.

 

“I don’t sign up for this.” Jungkook stated directly which made Yein to turn around in order to see his reaction. “I don’t expect her to need help too but let’s go. You don’t want to see her all angry since you heard her saying how busy she was.”

 

Without any form of agreement, both Jungkook and Yein already entered the so-called dressing room with no idea of what was going on. The two talked for a minute or two until Yein left him alone in the room when she heard her cousin called her name.

 

“You can’t just leave me here!” Jungkook said helplessly as his nervousness was obvious. It was the cause of her laughter but she managed to assure him that nothing major would happen while she was gone and left. With the bag-pack lend by Junyoung in his hand, he hugged them tightly, hoping for the time to go fast.

 

Minutes flew by, Jungkook was left alone to entertain himself as he simply eyeing on the room’s decoration. He took time to appreciate the beautiful rows of crowns behind the glass shelves and a smile came upon his face.

 

‘I bet she’ll look great with those on and maybe with that one dress by the window.’ He silently thought before letting out a sheepish laughter as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Why do I feel out of place all of the sudden?” Jungkook stated out of the blue and sighed.

 

Another couple minutes then passed when he heard Yein’s fade voice behind the closed curtain that he had been actually staring before in wonder. “I still don’t get why-” Her voice entered his ear canal as the curtain suddenly swirled open and the lights dramatically. His breath? It was taken away almost instantly.

 

“Oh, wow, Yein…” Jungkook’s words stumbled about as he tried to find the perfect word to describe her at that exact moment. With her big smile, she did not even have to put any of the tiaras he saw beforehand. Say that he was being cheesy but it was the truth.

 

The dress that Jessica managed to throw on her was a white full-length dress that would sweep th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter