I Love You

I'm Hell's Angel

"What do you think Kai will do when he finds out?" Chanyeol asks as he wraps his arms around Baekhyun’s waist and pulls him back so that he is sitting in his lap with his back against the taller's chest.

"Honestly? I don't know. We've never seen him react to death before so who knows what could happen. He could take it well, or he could end up in the same state as Sehun." He answers, resting his head on his mates shoulder as he speaks.

It's been a day since Luhan's death and Kai still doesn't know. Actually no one has seen Jongin since the other morning, Kyungsoo has been distracting him for as long as he can. But today, Kyungsoo has to go and sort some problems out with the workers, meaning Jongin will be alone for all if not most of the day. If he gets too curious, he could find out the truth. Especially if he does to Sehun. He’s not in the right frame of mind at the moment to hide the truth from Kai, everything could be over within a blink of an eye.
That is something that only Kyungsoo would be upset over.

"I'm sure everything will be fine. He'll understand, and if not well he will have to. It’s not like we can do anything about it now." Chanyeol says after a moment of silence, shifting slightly on the couch to get himself into a more comfortable position.

"If we have to. What do we tell him? He'll surely ask how it happened when he finds out."
Trust Baekhyun to point out the obvious.
There really isn't much that they can tell Jongin, whatever they chose to say it has to be believable without being the truth.

"I'll take the blame for it. Say we were fighting or something and then our powers went out of control. I'll just have to say that I killed him." He replies, sighing softly as he does so.
He really does not want Jongin to think of him as a murderer, but he can't say anything else. There is no other options that would make sense.

"You can't do that! Kai will spend the rest of his life blaming you!"

"I know that Baek, but what else can we say? We can't tell him the truth otherwise we will end up the same as Luhan. I don't want that to be my fate. I would rather live with Kai hating me than die and lose you."

--------------------------------------

"You'll be back as soon as possible, right?" Jongin asks Kyungsoo as they walk towards the front door of the dorms. He really doesn't want him to be gone all day, they've barely had any time to see each other just lately and it's starting to upset the younger.

"I promise I will be back as soon as I can. But don't wait up for me, okay babe?" Kyungsoo eventually answers after pulling on his shoes. He turns around and stands up straight, looking up at Jongin, giving him a small and 'loving' smile as he does so. Jongin returns the smile, carefully moving a few stray strands of his mate's hair away from his eyes. He bends down to press a kiss to his lips, savouring it as he knows he won't be getting anymore for a while.
After a while they have to part for breath, Kai really wishing that they didn't need to breath at that point in time.

"I'll see you later, okay?" Kyungsoo whispers, pressing a small kiss to the tanned male's lips before he turns and heads out of the door. Jongin stands there, missing the other already before he goes ahead and closes the door, locking it as he does so. There is really no need to lock it, as no one except from the members of the group would come in here, but he just feels safer with the door locked.

He sighs as he snaps his fingers, teleporting himself back into his own room, immediately slumping down into his desk chair as he does so. The chair rolls back on the wooden floor as he does this, swivelling himself around at the same time. He sits up straight, before pushing against the floor again, starting to roll around his room.
He pushes off the walls, the bed and the floor with his feet, probably leaving faint outlines of his foot on the cream coloured walls.
It's a times like this that Kai will act like the kid that he still is. Technically on Exo you don't age, well at least your body doesn't. Jongin still has the body of his eighteen year old self, yet the mind of a 21-year-old. He often wonders if he would have changed that much if he was still alive, but tries not to think about it too much due to the fact that he can barely remember what he was like on Earth in the first place. His memories are something that he is desperate to get back, and he will get them at some point. He just needs to figure out how they were taken in the first place.

After about five minutes of rolling around his room Jongin grows bored, sighing as he comes to a stop by his bed.
He sits there for a while, before deciding that he could actually do something today. He could go and see people and actually just hang out with them. Most of the other members are just hanging around the dorms anyway, he's pretty sure that he saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol earlier, it could be worth going to see them.
Or maybe Sehun. He does need to apologise for not helping him clean everything away anyway.
That's when he remembers Luhan.
He's supposed to tell Sehun that Luhan said 'I love you and I’m sorry'.

"But why did Luhan say that in the first place?" Jongin thinks out loud as he stands up, rubbing away the wrinkles that have appeared in his clothes from sitting down.

Luhan was just about to tell him something before he disappeared. He was going to tell him the truth. Jongin hadn't been thinking about it that much, he gave up trying to contact Luhan after a couple of hours. He had asked Kyungsoo about it but Kyungsoo answered with Luhan had been busy all day, he hadn't even seen or tried to contact Sehun. He told Kai that he had probably imagined the whole thing, either that or he was dreaming. He believed his mate, knowing that he wouldn't lie to him. But a part of him knew that it was real.
Jongin has been known to have very ‘vivid’ dreams in the past. They had started a couple of months back, he would normally be having a nightmare or dreaming about finding out the truth. But in the end none of it was really.

Jongin then debates on whether going to see Luhan to find out if it really was a dream or not, or going to see Sehun. In the end he puts his trust in Kyungsoo and goes to Sehun's room. Well that and the fact that Sehun's room is closer anyway.

--------------------------

Sehun lays on his bed, covers pulled up over his head as he shakes. He's finally stopped crying but every so often he'll start violently sobbing. He's been in and out of consciousness for the past few hours, from lack of sleep and dehydration from crying so much without drinking at all.
He's a mess, he's weak and he's heartbroken and there is nothing that anyone can do to snapped him out of this state.

He misses Luhan already. He misses being able to see him every second of everyday. He misses the surprise kisses that the elder would always place on the back of his neck. He misses everything about him. That is a feeling that will never go away, not even after he has died. He will always miss him, how can he not? He’s gone from seeing his now dead mate every day, to never being able to see him again.

‘It’s not fair!’ He thinks just before he is pulled away from his thoughts and memories of Luhan. There’s someone knocking on the door. He stays silent, not even daring to breath in the hopes that whoever is at the door will just go away. They all know that he's upset, why would anyone even bother to come and see him? He hasn't been out of the room since the incident with Chanyeol yesterday, he doesn't think that he'll ever be able to face him again without the feeling of hate taking over his body.

There's another knock at the door, the person behind it obviously not wanting to give up on getting in here. Why can’t everyone just leave him alone for once?! He just wants to grieve and let the ground swallow him up!

"Sehun. It's Kai are you in there?!"
Kai.

'Out of everyone why did it have to be you?' Sehun thinks as he forces himself to sit up, the covers falling away from his head revealing his messed up and matted hair as he does so.
Kai is the one person he didn't want to face, next to Chanyeol and D.O that is.
What if Kai doesn't know yet? He'll be questioning why he's so upset, why he looks like death and why he can barely speak. His voice has become hoarse from all of the screaming and crying he has been doing, he hurts just to breath.

"I know you're in there. No one else has seen you come out of there all day so you must be. Either that or you're with Luhan?" Jongin feels as if he is just having a conversation with the door as he continues to stare at the white piece of wood that refuses to open for him.

'He doesn't know.'

Sehun tenses up as he hears that name. Not wanting to open the door and be faced with the task of explaining himself.
"O-One minute!"
He finally calls out to him, well more like whispers to him after a minute or so, letting him know that he's alive at least.

“Okay.”

Sehun drags himself out of bed and towards his mirror, dragging his hand down his face as he sees what he looks like. He tries patting down his hair, taming the wild locks that have curled slightly due to being soaked with his own tears. He doesn’t so the best job but he looks presentable at least.
Well that is if you ignore the obvious dark circles under his eyes and fading tear streaks. He nods to himself, forcing himself to smile as he wanders over to his door, pulling it open and hiding behind it to let the other male in.

“Co-come in.” His voice cracks halfway through speaking, Sehun mentally kicks himself as he hears the noise leave his mouth.
Jongin walks in almost straight away, peering round the door to see Sehun.

“Are you sick? Your voice sounds kind of rough?” He says once he’s fully inside the room, Sehun pushes the door closed nodding as he does so.

“Yeah, I may be coming down with something is all.” He’s staring down at the floor as he speaks, not even wanting to look at the other. The other who still has everything, still has his mate and his happiness. But he can’t say anything, he knows that soon Kai will lose that as well.

“Do you want me to go and get Luhan?” Jongin asks in a genuinely caring way, not knowing that he just opened up every wound in Sehun’s heart.
Back when Luhan was alive he would spoil Sehun to death whenever he got sick. He would always stay inside with him all day, not caring if he too got sick by doing this. All he cared about was making sure that his lover got better as quick as possible.

Sehun starts nibbling on his bottom lip, willing the tears that build up in his eyes to go away, really not wanting to cry in front of yet another person.

“K-Kai sit down.” He says, gesturing over to the bed as he does so. Kai furrows his eyebrows in confusion but does as he is told, perching on the edge of the younger’s bed. Sehun takes his desk chair, pulling it up to the edge of the bed to sit down opposite Kai.

“L-Luhan..” He can barely finish saying one word before the tears start again, the first few falling straight down onto his black jeans as he stares down into his lap.
Jongin notices the water droplets almost immediately, concern washing over him like a tidal wave as he sees.

“Sehun, please don't cry?” His call to him is barely just a whisper, he places a hand on the other male’s knee, squeezing it reassuringly as he does so.

“Luhan...he-he’s...dead. Ho-how can I n-not cry!” Sehun breaks down for the sixth time within the last twenty four hours, tears coming down in streams as he does so. Kai slides off of the bed to hug the younger as best as he can whilst he still sits on the desk chair, trying to focus his thoughts on what to say.

“I’m sorry, I love you.”

“Wh-what?!”

“I’m sorry, I love you...that’s what Luhan told me to tell you.”
Sehun stops breathing as he looks up to face Kai with teary eyes, not caring about what he must look like right now. He doesn’t care if he appears weak, he doesn’t care about anything anymore.

“H-he told..you that?” He says as he lets out his breath again, trying to choke back the sobs that want to leave the back of his throat.

“Yes...he was talking to me yesterday. He wanted to tell me something but never finished...that’s the last thing he said to me.”

Sehun bows his head again, tears rolling down his cheeks and eventually falling into his lap again as he does so.

“I lov-love you..too Luhan.”