Two Halves Make A Whole

I'm Hell's Angel

"He'll be back soon, Yeol. There is no need to panic" Xiumin has been trying to reassure Chanyeol for the last two hours. He's in a panicked state over Baekhyun, and this is a state that Chanyeol cannot be snapped out of easily. No matter what Xiumin says the younger male will just not listen to him. He sees no reason to, his mate has been gone for 9 days now...and yes he has been counting. Well wouldn’t you if the one you loved seemingly dropped off the face of the Earth?

"No! Xiumin, you don't understand. He has never been gone for this long without contacting me before. He just took off without a word and he could be god knows where by now. You saw what happened to Sehun, what if Baekhyun has decided to do the same thing because he can't cope with our world, hmn? What then?!" Chanyeol snaps in response, sighing as pinches the bridge of his nose with one hand whilst fixing the position of the snapback he still has to wear to cover his head with the other. 
All he has been able to think about is Baekhyun, where he is and what he could possibly be doing. This all started because of that stupid fight he had with Kai. This all started because of what D.O did. In the end all of their problems lead back to him, every single one of them without fail. Chanyeol knows as that is another thing that he has been thinking about too much over the last couple of days.

Xiumin just sighs as he looks at the broken, panicking boy that sits in front of him. He doesn't know what he can say to calm Chanyeol down, no one knows what to say. Whatever they try, Chanyeol just turns it around to panic himself more. But how can anyone help when everyone is slowly breaking down.

"Baekhyun is strong, he wouldn't take that way out. Plus he loves you, Chanyeol. More than anything, he wouldn't leave this world without you and you know that, you're just too blinded by worry to see that!"
Chanyeol shoots Xiumin a heart stopping glare, with his one uncovered eye, at his choice of words. The elder quickly raises his hands in a defensive way, muttering a quick "sorry" after it, clearly picking up on how easily offended Chanyeol was when it came to his eye.

"If he loved me so much why did he run away when he saw my eye, something that I now how to live with for the rest of my life?" He asks, his hands now moving to pick at a splinter that hangs off the table that they are sat around.
It's got to the point where Chanyeol is even doubting Baekhyun's love. He loves Baekhyun more than anything even to the point where he values his life more than his own. But just lately the thoughts of Baekhyun not loving him haven't left his head. He knows that he shouldn't be thinking like that and that it's just his panicked state of mind taking over. But he just can't help it, when he tries to think of possible reasons on why his smaller lover left, he always comes back down to the same conclusion.
Baekhyun just doesn't love him anymore.
He doesn't love him and he left so that he won't have to deal with breaking the news, or having to keep acting as if he's in love whilst dealing with Chanyeol's pained panicked state.

Xiumin parts his lips, as if he's going to say something, but they quickly close back together within the next second. This time he is completely lost for words, as Chanyeol is right.
If Baekhyun did love him, surely he would stay to help Chanyeol though all of this. Be there to tell him that everything is going to be alright, and that he doesn't need to working or beautiful eyes to be perfect. But no. He just picked up and left like a coward.

A couple of moments of silence pass, both boys trying to think of something to say, with Xiumin still pondering on the past question. Finally, the elder speaks up, after what seems like hours of wracking his brains for something safe and seemingly smart to say.

"Honestly, Yeol. I don't know how to answer that. Personally, I think that if he loved you...truly he would have stayed to help you. I'm not saying that he doesn't love you, but...something just seems off, okay? Baekhyun loves you, a lot. It's not like him to just take off like this, he must be doing something for you that takes time."

Chanyeol is just about to answer him when Chen calls for Xiumin, "Xiumin~! You should really leave Chanyeol now!"

Said males turn to face each other, both giving a confused look.
"Why?!" Is Xiumin's reply. Chen then appears at the door, before walking into the room giving a small smile to Chanyeol before leaning in close to Xiumin and whispering something in his ear. Something that is inaudible to Chanyeol from where he sits only a mere metre or so away.
Xiumin's face falls for one second, but a smile quickly spreads across his lips as Chen moves away, tugging at his mate's arm to get him to stand up.

"Are you really going to leave me?" Chanyeol asks, well it's more of a mutter really. He doesn't want to be left alone, not with his own thoughts.

"You'll be glad that I did, Chanyeol. Trust me." Xiumin answers, smiling down at the male before he walks off with Chen, hand in hand.
Chanyeol sighs as he twists his cap around so that it faces backwards before he rests his forehead against the cold wood of the table.
He becomes lost to his own thoughts, entering a completely different world inside of his mind. A world that is taken up by Baekhyun and only Baekhyun. A world that normally would be pure bliss, but at this point in time is nothing but torture.

Chanyeol is so wrapped up in his own little world, that he doesn't even hear the sound of chair legs scrapping against the floor.
He feels a small tap on the top of his head, but ignores it simply putting it down to his imagination. Then there is another one, and another. He sighs in annoyance before lifting his head up, just about ready to shout at whoever was bugging him at a time like this. But all thoughts of shouting go out of the window as he is met by the face of;

"Baekhyun?!" Chanyeol whisper shouts, staring in disbelief at the boy in front of him.
The boy who is wearing an eye patch over his left eye?

"Hey, Yeol." Is all he says as he smiles meekly, breaking eye contact with Chanyeol to stare holes into the table.
Chanyeol reaches over the table to push up on Baekhyun's chin using his middle and index finger, consequently making the smaller look up at him.

"You've been gone for nine days without a single word, you come back with one of your eyes covered and all you can say to me is 'hey'?!" His tone is full of anger and concern, the sudden burst of anger coming out of nowhere.
Baekhyun cowers away at his tone, wanting to curl into himself and disappear at that point in time.

"I-I can explain." His voice comes out a lot quieter than he wanted it to, he didn't want to seem scared by Chanyeol but he seemed to have failed that one.

"Go on then." Yeol deadpans, moving his fingers away from Baekhyun's chin to cross his arms over his chest.
Baekhyun looks down again, picking at a hangnail as he begins to talk.

"I left be-"

"Look at me when you talk, Baekhyun."
Said male looks back up, only to be met by the harsh, cold gaze of his one-eyed lover. But he does as he is told to; he doesn't want to make this situation any worse.

"I left because I didn't know what to do. Ch-Chanyeol  I didn't know how to help you and I couldn't b-bare to see you in pain all of the time." He pauses to take a deep breath, trying to keep himself collected as tears line his one visible eye.
"O-once I had left I knew I had made a mistake. I sh-should have stayed, I should have been he-here for you. I should ha-have shown you more love."
Chanyeol's facial expression softens with each word that tumbles from the opposite’s mouth, all of his suspicions being wiped away as he talks. He doesn't interrupt him at all, wanting to hear it all before he buts in.

"I-I've been so afraid of coming here a-and facing you again. A-afraid of what I m-might do if I can't cope. B-but I know I have to, okay? I-I know. I came to th-the conclusion, th-that to cope I would have to know h-how you feel." He pauses yet again, tears trickling from his one exposed eye.
He moves, hooking his finger under the band that holds the eye patch onto his face, before tugging it upwards, removing the material away from his eye.
Chanyeol's stops breathing for what seems like hours.
His beautiful eyes. They're gone.

"I...I-i stabbed away at m-my eye Chanyeol. So th-that I would know how you feel! I did th-this because I lov-love you...so much." A small smile graces Baekhyun's lips as he talks. He's not upset about what he has done, he's proud. He's proud about the fact that he can prove his love and show how much he wants to help.
"Now I c-can help you. We can help each other. You...you can be my left eye and I-I'll be your right. We w-will complete each other once again. We c-can make each other wh-whole once again, Yeol."

Chanyeol lets out a shaky breath as silence falls over the room.
He can't stop staring at Baekhyun's eye. It's worse than his own, almost completely unrecognisable of being a human eye.
Baekhyun can't take the way the other stares at him and pulls the patch back over his socket, still smiling softly as he does so. His tears seem to have subsided, the emotion from the past moment leaving him as quickly as they came.
He's relieved to have told Chanyeol the truth, but is still worried about his reaction, since at the moment he is showing him none. He is just leaving him in the dark.

"You did that..for me?" He asks, he voice full of sympathy mixed with love.
Baekhyun nods in response, extending out his hand towards Chanyeol as he does so. Chanyeol takes the hint and quickly slips his hand into the hold of Baekhyun’s, said male gripping his hand as if he may disappear at any moment.

"Why did you disappear for so long then? When did you blind yourself, Baek?"

"Six days ago is when I did it. I took six days to build up the courage to come back. I was afraid you wouldn't except me like this. I thought you might think that I was being stupid, that I had messed up everything."
Baekhyun goes back to staring down at the table as he does this, trying to keep hold of his calm composure as much as he possibly can.
Chanyeol stands up, walking around so that he stands on the same side of the table as Baekhyun. He guides Baekhyun up into a standing position by pulling him up by his hand, Chanyeol then spins them around in one swift motion before sitting on the chair that previously belonged to Baekhyun. He then pulls the smaller male so that he sits sideways on his lover's lap.

"You know what? I don't care that it took you a long time. You're back and that's all that matters to me. But just know, I wouldn't have thought you were stupid or that you messed up. This is the sweetest thing you've ever done for me." He smiles softly, placing a soft and tender kiss to Baekhyun's lips once he has finished speaking.
Baekhyun returns the kiss with as much love as Chanyeol gives, if not more. They eventually have to break off from the kiss to catch their breath, leaving their foreheads touching as they do so.

Baekhyun stands up for a moment, only to move and straddle Chanyeol's lap before wrapping his arms around said male's neck.

"I love you, Park Chanyeol." He whispers, punctuating each word with a soft kiss against the other's lips.

"I love you too, Byun Baekhyun."
It doesn't take long for the partner's soft innocent kisses to take a turn to the intimate side. Their way of showing each other how much they missed the other turned out to be having four rounds of before the night even began.

Two halves were finally hole again, and they wouldn't have it any other way.