How Can You Be Happy?

I'm Hell's Angel

Tao's eyes scan down the note multiple times after he has finished reading it. He's not really sure what to think or what he should do, he seems to be frozen with shock. He knows that he needs to move but he just can't bring himself to do so.

"Tao are you still with Sehun?!" It's Kris, calling to his mate from somewhere down the hall. Tao stays silent, not even able to reply to the other male. But he knows one thing, he’s never been so thankful to hear his voice, because right now he needs him more than anything.
Soon after, he can hear footsteps, over time they grow closer to Sehun's room. It’s Kris, he knows it is he can tell.
Within the next thirty seconds Kris stands by the door, leaning against the doorframe as he peers into the room.

"Darling, what are you reading?" He then looks around the room before adding, "And where's Sehun?"
When Tao doesn't answer yet again, Kris grows worried, aware of the fact that Tao wasn’t usually this quiet. Especially when talking to Kris. Due to this he moves into the room, taking a seat next to the other male, leaning his head against his shoulder, before looking over the note that he holds in his shaking hands.

DO NOT READ THIS IN FRONT OF D.O, PLEASE!!!!!

Dear...whoever finds this.
I'm sorry. I have given up and failed all of you. I just can't do it anymore. I can't live in a world where my love is dead and where I am forced to hide the truth just for some little male and his twisted plans.
Please make sure that Kai sees this letter, he may be the one reading this in the first place, but if not you must make sure that he gets this. It's my dying wish for him to know the truth.

Kai.
You need to get out.
D.O doesn't love you,  you have just  been a part of his twisted plans from the start.
Kai, D.O was the cause of your death. You didn't die from an unknown cause, you died by his hands. I’m afraid to tell you that you didn’t die peacefully either, you died painfully extremely painfully. I was there when it happened, well I watched over you. Honestly, I can still hear your screams, they haunt me. I'm sorry but it's the truth.
He needed you, now he has you but soon he will be done with you and everyone knows this. Kai, he will kill you if you don’t get out, he’s done it to the mates that he had before you and you will be no different. SO GET OUT.
Another thing that you should know, is you are the only angel of Exo. You see, when D.O brought you down here something went wrong. You didn't become one of us because you were too pure. Your soul wouldn't change because of your human self.
We're demons.
Everyone is a demon, Kai.
What we call Exo, the humans call Hell, you are Hell's angel.
D.O, is the most powerful demon that we have, he rules over us, Kai. That's why we always listen to him, that's why Chanyeol flinches every time he gets to close. We're scared of him, Kai. There are so many rules that we have to follow, so many things that we have to do just for him. So many things that we aren't allowed to tell you. So many things that you need to know. So many things that Luhan was going to tell you, but he was killed before he had the chance to. Luhan was not killed by Chanyeol, he was killed by D.O. Yes Chanyeol caused the fire, but that was to cover up the damage that your twisted lover had done. D.O, slit Luhan’s throat and let him bleed to death. That’s the truth, I’m sorry that you hurt and blamed Chanyeol because of the lies that you were told.
Tell Chanyeol that I’m sorry.
I know that I am not doing a good job at clearing up the truth but I don't have long, I'm writing this just before I...well you know.
Hopefully, someone else will read this and they'll help to explain the truth to you. They can't let my death just be for nothing. I want the whole truth to come out because of what I have done, I hope it works.
The last thing I want to tell you, is actually the hardest thing for me to write, because this could put the life of someone I care about in danger. I'm nice aren't I? I'm putting someone's life in danger after they have tried so hard to comfort me through all of this. I'm sorry but you need to know.
The reason you can't remember your life back on Earth is because when you first arrived here, even before you met D.O, your memories were taken away...by Lay. He was instructed by D.O to do so. Your memories are not gone though, everyone thinks they are but they're not, I know they're not. D.O has a black box kept somewhere, in that box is what looks like dust but it's not. It's the ashes of your memories. But they're not lost, okay? You can retrieve them but you need Lay to do it for you. So don't freak out, don't get angry and don't kill Lay. Don't kill. Stay alive. Find out the truth. And stay far away from D.O, and if you can't manage that at least try to change his heart.

Everyone.
Stop listening to D.O. Just stop. You don't have to. Please. Protect Kai from him, not from the truth.
Goodbye. 

Kris just stares down at the letter, not able to draw his eyes away from the black ink scrawled across the page.
Sehun's gone and the truth is right there on that page. The truth that everyone has been longing to tell Kai for so long.

"What do we do?" Tao finally speaks up, drawing his eyes away from the page as he looks towards his mate, said eyes consumed by confusion.

"We get this letter to Kai." Kris replies, gesturing down to the paper as he does so.
He needs to see this, now is their chance to escape from the lies.

"What will happen to us though? I mean, if D.O knows that we gave it to him?"

"He won't find out. He may find out about the letter but he can't blame anyone for it can he? He'll just think that Kai found it and he can't blame Sehun if he's...dead." He sighs as he finishes his sentence, not ready to except the death of yet another friend.

"You're right. Maybe this is the break that we've been waiting for." Tao smiles softly, looking forward to the truth finally being revealed.

--------------------

It's now the next morning, and Jongin lays in bed not wanting to move anytime soon. It's been too long since he has last seen Kyungsoo. There has been no contact from him in days and the younger is growing tired of waiting for him. He misses him when he's not here but he can't do anything about that. Everyone misses the one that they love when they are not by their side, and Kai is no different. He hopes that Kyungsoo misses him too and that he's thinking about him, if only he knew.

Jongin reluctantly sits up in his bed, covers falling off of the top half of his body which reveals his bare chest to the coldness of his room. He shivers softly as he does the regular action of stretching out his limbs, trying to wake them up when they would much rather stay asleep. Luckily, his body no longer hurts from the fight he took part him nearly over a week ago, he’s thankful for that.

He looks over to his desk, trying to catch the time before he gets out of bed. However the view of his electronic bedside clock is blocked due to a note that has been draped over the top of the object. This peeks the young male's curiosity, so he stretches over the side of his bed, only just managing to grasp hold of the note without tumbling out of his bed.
The note is folded over in half, much like a card would be, the top side of the note reading 'Jongin'. He grins to himself, knowing that it must be Kyungsoo since he's the only one that ever calls him by that name.

He opens up the letter, eyes scanning over the words, that have been typed out, as he reads.

Good morning, y. I know that I haven't been around much lately but I'm going to make it up to you okay? Come and meet me by the Tree Of Life at 9am. I'll be waiting~ x - Kyungsoo

Jongin springs up out of bed as he finishes reading, all previous thoughts of just staying in the warm comfort of his duvet leaving his mind in an instant. He looks to his clock, 8:45am. He only has 15 minutes to get washed, dressed and to be at the tree.

"Damn it!" He says into his empty room, grabbing a handful of clothes out of his closet as he rushes into the bathroom, an excited smile plastered across his face as he does so.

--------------

It's already 9:05am by the time Jongin leaves the dorms, he sighs knowing that he is already late, hopefully Kyungsoo will be able to understand.
He walks with a spring in his step, heading to the hill that his home to the Tree Of Life. Jongin hasn't visited this place many times before, maybe once or twice. It's a sacred place, somewhere that is meant for special occasions. Jongin's head becomes filled with the thoughts of what could be waiting for him at the top of the hill, that he has now began to climb.
His smile has never once left his lips.

Halfway though climbing up the hill, Jongin starts growing impatient. He wants to see Kyungsoo, NOW. He starts running up the hill, thankful for his strong legs and fast running skills. He reaches the top in next to no time, but really wishes he hadn't as he takes in the view that's in front of him.

He stands at the stop of the hill, just slightly under some of the twigs that branch off from the many branches of the tree. Kyungsoo is nowhere to be seen.
But instead what he is met with, Sehun.

If this was under any other circumstances he would be happy to see the other boy.
But how can you be happy when you're staring at your best friend, hung by his neck from a tree?