Fire Starter

I'm Hell's Angel

"He's what?"

"Dead, Chanyeol. Luhan is dead." Lay deadpans as he replies to Chanyeol.
Everyone, except from Kyungsoo, Jongin and Sehun are currently sitting in the lounge of the dorms, trying to come to terms with Luhan's death. At this point in time, no one wants to except it.
One minute Luhan is here, laughing and smiling like he always was, and the next he’s dead. That’s something that anyone would find hard to come to terms with.

"What happened to him?" Chen speaks up; the whole room turns to look at Lay as they wait for his response, he’s the only other one here that has seen what Luhan looks like, or what even happened to him. He has the horrible job of sharing the news and the details, something that no one should ever have to do.

"When I walked in, Luhan was on the floor with his neck slit. Sehun was on top of him crying his heart out. At this rate he's going to die from heartbreak, or worse." He sighs softly, shaking his head and trying to get the imaged of Luhan's dead body to leave his mind.

"But how did that happen?" Baekhyun asks again, he seems to be full of questions and stupid questions at that. They are questions that Yixing would rather avoid than have to answer, ever.

"Oh it was a unicorn, who do you think it was, Baekhyun?!" Yixing sarcastically snaps at him before getting up and leaving the room, emotions becoming too much for him to control.
"I'll go after him." Suho mutters to himself before following Lay out of the door.
The rest of the room now sits in silence, and an awkward one at that.

No one really knows what to say. They all knew that Kyungsoo was violent, and they all knew that he was the only one capable of killing them but none of them thought that he would kill anytime soon.
Kyungsoo hasn’t killed for a few years now. The last time he killed was before he came into power.
He came into power after his dad had died; he had been slain when he took a trip to Earth. No one knows how but everyone put it down to the humans up there.
The last person he had killed was his previous mate, and that was once he was done with him. He simply just threw him away when he needed another one, someone that would help him in ways that the other couldn’t. Jongin doesn’t know anything about this, hell he doesn’t even know that there is a higher power in the world that he now lives in, and if Kyungsoo gets his way he will continue to know nothing until he kills him off.

 

"How....how do we tell Kai?" Xiumin questions, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees and then his head in his hands as he does so.
Inaudible muttering fills the room, each boy not really knowing how they can tell Jongin without revealing his mate's violent side.

"Where's Luhan's body?" Chanyeol asks, looking around the room for any sign of a reply.
"Lay mention that he's still in his room, neither him nor Sehun could bring themselves to move him. He also said something about being too afraid to move him as they thought his head could snap off completely" Tao finally replies after a minute or so of silence, everyone either grimaces or shivers at the thought of Luhan’s head snapping off.

Chanyeol looks to Baekhyun lightly kissing his mate on the cheek before smiling softly, "Babe how many strikes do I have?" He asks him. Worry fills Baekhyun's eyes as he tries to remember how many strikes Chanyeol is on.
Baekhyun is the only one who is able to keep a good track on how many strikes each of them have, for some reason Kyungsoo trusts him with knowing.
"You're on one, Yeol. But why do you ask?"

"Because I have a plan on how we can stop Kai from finding out how Luhan really died. But doing so could end up with anyone involved receiving strikes against their name. I’m not saying that it definitely will as at the end of the day we will be helping D.O, but better to be safe than sorry, right?"

--------------------------------------------

Sehun sits on his bed in his room, legs drawn up to his chest as he rocks himself backwards and forwards. He's been crying for about four hours now, unable to stop the tears. How can he? The one that he loved is gone, Luhan broke his promise and now he's left Sehun alone in the cruel world that they once both lived in.
The young male falls to lay on his side, continuing to hold onto his knees so that he is curled into a ball. He doesn't know what to do anymore, he doesn't even know if he'll ever recover from this. His heart feels as if it’s made out of a tonne of bricks, it’s so heavy in his chest. But Sehun knows that right now his heart is in pieces, more than a million. You can’t stick a million shards of glass back together once it is broken, and it will be the same with his heart.

He's pulled away from his thoughts of sorrow when he smells smoke coming from somewhere else in the dorms, he sits up noticing that some of it trickles through the bottom of his door.
He slowly pulls himself off of his bed and into a standing position, stumbling over his first few steps as his legs have gone dead from sitting curled up for hours on end.
He opens his door and peers his head outside, the smoke is only light but he can tell that it's coming from one of the rooms further into the dorm.

"What's going on?" He mutters under his breath, voice croaky and ragged from the endless hours of crying.
He pulls the hood of his jacket on over his head, mostly to hide his messed up hair, pale face and tear stained cheeks, closing his door before he goes to check what's happening. He couldn’t risk the possibility of Kai seeing. He assumed by now that the rest of the boys know what had happened to Luhan, but Kai won’t know the truth. If he were to see Sehun and ask what’s wrong, Sehun knows that he wouldn’t be able to stop himself from breaking down and telling him everything. He doesn’t want to receive his third strike any time soon.


He makes his way down the hallway that connects the Exo-K rooms to the Exo-M ones, really wishing that he could be on an entirely different planet at this point in time.

"You're going to burn down the whole dorm at this rate, Chanyeol!"

"No! That's what you're here for Suho. You can put it out before it gets to be too much!"
The voices of Suho and Chanyeol get louder as Sehun turns the corner, heading down the section of the dorms that belongs to...belonged to Luhan and Lay.
By now the smoke is so thick that he's having to cover his mouth and nose as to not to inhale any. He can barely see through the thick layer of gray that clouds over his vision, having to drag his hands over the wall to figure out where he is going.
He stops when he can feel the heat of flames against his cheek, he then feels down the wall looking for the name plate that each boy has outside their room. Once he finds it, he traces his finger over the imprint 'L-U-H-A-N'

"No." He takes a few steps back away from the burning room, hitting the opposite wall and sliding his back down it. He sits there, staring into his ex-mates burning room.

"WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?!" He yells out into the smoke, pulling at his hair as he does so.

"Se-Sehun?!" Chanyeol appears, followed by Suho, both of them covered in a thin layer of ash. "What are you going here?" Yeol asks, Sehun can only just about make his figure out throughout all of the smoke, they had come out of Luhan's burning room. Of course neither of them would die from the flames, people like them can’t be killed that easily. They’re both immune to it, they all are. The only way flames could kill them is if the flames were started by Kyungsoo, or if they were started in an attempt to commit suicide and obviously these ones weren’t. Everything in this world acts a certain way when you want it to, even flames. This works best when it comes down to powers. Since Chanyeol can control the flames he obviously didn’t ask them to kill himself or Suho, he controlled them to burn up everything that Sehun loves.

"Wh-why are you b-burning Lu-Luhan’s room?!" He stares up at them as he asks, tears streaming down his cheeks for the nth time that day. He's surprised he hasn't dehydrated from the amount of water he has lost through crying.

"We needed to find a way to mask the truth behind his death. Now when Kai finds out he'll think that he either had an accident whilst turning his fire on or that he killed himself." Suho explains, rubbing the back of his neck as he does so, not that anyone can actually see him doing this.

"WHY W-WOULD YOU DO THAT?! YOU'VE JUST B-BURNT EVERYTHING THAT HE H-HAD! EV-EVERYTHING TH-THAT I COUL-COULD HAVE TAKEN TO R-REMEBER H-HIM BY!" Sehun begins to yell at the older males, breathing becoming panicked and heavy as he can't catch his breath.

The two other males stand there in silent shock, knowing that Sehun is right. They should have told him before doing this, but they couldn't bring themselves to.
They have just destroyed everything that Luhan ever owned. All his memories and happiness gone and turned to ash within a blink of an eye.

"We're sorry, Sehun. But it had to be done." States Chanyeol, staring at the crackling orange flames that spread throughout the room.

"IT DIDN'T HAVE TO BE DONE! KAI COULD HAVE KNOWN THE TRUTH HE WILL FIND OUT AT SOME POINT SO WHY NOT NOW?!" He screams, pulling at more of his hair as he does so. He can't even bring himself to look up at the elders as he talks, instead he does what both of them are doing at looks into the room.

"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!!" He states over and over again as he stands up, stumbling through the smoke until his hands land on Chanyeol's chest. He grabs the collar of the taller male's shirt, bringing his fist back as he does so. Before he can land a punch on Chanyeol's jaw, a pair of hands grab him from behind, pulling him back and away from the other.

"Sehun, calm down!" It's Lay. Trust him to turn up at a time like this, why is it always him?
"N-NO! L-look what th-those ers d-did to m-my Luhan's ro-room!" Sehun cries out as he turns to cry into Lay's shirt for the second time today. Yixing stares into the burning room, the flames reflecting in his eyes as he does so.

"Suho put it out." Is all he says as he wraps his arm around Sehun’s shoulders and leads him away from the room. He’s going to take him as far away as he possibly can. He’ll do anything to take the younger’s mind off of all of this. If he has too, he’ll even wipe his memories like he did with Kai after he died.

--------------------------------------

"Hmmn, babe do you smell smoke?" Jongin asks, breathing in deeply through his nose as he does so. Kyungsoo turns in Jongin's hold to face him, their faces mere inches apart as they talk.

"No, I don't it's just your imagination, love." He presses a soft kiss against the younger's lips, smiling as he does so, Jongin happily returns the kiss, humming softly with content. "And if you can smell it, it's probably just Chanyeol messing around again, nothing to worry about."

Kyungsoo then makes a mental note, to thank Chanyeol for getting rid of the evidence that he created.