Tomorrow

SMS - Save My Soul

“I’m back hyung!”

Taehyung flopped on the couch and let out a happy sigh.

“Hi Taehyung-ie!” The energetic boy greeted him as he walked into the room, a bright smile on his face.

“How was your day hyung?” Taehyung asked out of true care, not habit or routine.

“Ah… the usual. Served customers, went to the dance studio... same old, same old.”

Taehyung and Hosoek knew each other from school. When they left school to pursue their careers they found it a good solution to their financial problems to live together. Eventually they were more than able to pay for their own residence, but they agreed to continue living together because they were used to it and neither had a new place in mind.

“So… How was your day Taehyung-ah?”

Taehyung smiled. “Hyung, you know that boy I told you about?”

Hosoek nodded slowly. “The one from the shop?”

“Yeah! Guess what?”

Hosoek frowned. “What?”

“He joined the same company I’m at the other day! And he’s singer! Also, he’s the same age as me! He shows up everywhere I am!”

“Wow.” Hosoek replied.

“I know right!? What are the chances?”

Hosoek considered the question seriously. The chances were seriously slim. Somehow the two boys had crossed paths more than once. He knew Taehyung well. He also knew that it could be a coincidence, but it might not be...

“Have you been… stalking him?” He asked.

“What? No hyung!”

“Really?” He knew that when Taehyung got an idea into his head he was capable of anything, and he seemed very fascinated by this boy.

“The only thing I ever did was watch him for a while that morning in the store, okay? After that I went to greet him and stuff so that’s not stalking!”

Hosoek stared at his feet for a few moments. He then looked up and smiled. “So… the other times he just ran into you?”

“Yes! Honestly hyung, I swear.”

“On what?”

“Our friendship.”

Hosoek raised an eyebrow.

“You know how much you matter to me hyung!”

Hosoek smiled defeatedly. “Okay you win. Let’s get something to eat.”

“I’m up for it!”

Hosoek laughed. “You always are.”


* * * * * * * * * *


Namjoon walked briskly down the sidewalk. A light air was about him and something was clutched tightly in his right hand. The shop assistant had wrapped the carefully chosen flowers in plastic that Namjoon was also picky with. Eventually the gift for his love was to his liking. He anticipated presenting it to him.

He stopped in front of his house and took out the key from his pocket with his left hand, skilfully opening the door with the same hand. As soon as he stepped in he got the smell of freshly made food. He smiled – the familiar smell meant that he was at home.

He snuck into the kitchen and stepped up behind his partner. “Seokjin-ah.”

The elder jumped slightly and turned from the aromatic dish he had been inspecting. He smiled when he saw Namjoon, but his expression turned curious when he saw the fact that the younger was hiding something behind his back.

He met Namjoon’s eyes, tilting his head slightly. He looked really cute.

Namjoon brought the flowers out from behind his back with a flourish. He was delighted by the look of pleasant surprise that bloomed on Soekjin’s face, more beautiful than any of the flowers in the bouquet.

“Thank you so much!” He accepted the flowers and clutched them to his chest. “I love them.”

“I love you.”

Soekjin blushed. He hugged Namjoon tightly. “You’re the best.”

“I know that already.”

“Oh my God…” He let go of Namjoon to give him a look, laced with amusement.

Namjoon laughed. “Just kidding.”

“I made Dak galbi.”

“Good because I’m really hungry.”

“Awww, was work hard today?”

“Yep. There were so many people coming in with their cars practically falling apart today asking for me specifically.”

“It’s because they know you’re a great mechanic.”

“I guess it’s good because it affects my pay check.” He gave Soekjin a goofy facial expression paired with a thumbs-up.

Soekjin smiled. “Get the plates please?”

“Sure.”


* * * * * * * * * *


Teahyung sat in Jimin’s living room. This wasn’t his first time at Jimin’s apartment, but he wasn’t a regular visitor… yet.

He felt comfortable. Almost as if he lived there.

Jimin walked into the room with drinks. “Here you go Taehyung-ah.”

“Thanks.”

Each boy was getting more and more comfortable with the presence of the other. They already helped each other when they could and spent free time together.

“How’s Hosoek-hyung?”

Even though Jimin hadn’t met him, he felt like he knew him because Taehyung was so fond of him. He had heard many tales of his friend’s roommate.

“He’s fine. He’s got a small performance coming up.”

“That’s great! I wish I could dance…”

“Me too.”

They chatted for some time and when they were done with their drinks Taehyung stretched out, groaning. He sighed and slumped forward. “Let’s go for a walk.”

His sudden suggestion caught Jimin off-guard. “Now?”

“Yeah now!”


- - - - -


The two boys walked together and Taehyung just followed Jimin. He was surprised when the boy lead him to his favourite place.

“How did you find this place anyway?”

“I… I was just walking along one day and I ended up here.”

“It’s a good place.”

“Yeah, really clears your head.”

Taehyung nodded silently. There was more to Jimin than he showed; it was very noticeable to him. He was proud of his ability to notice things about people. He knew that Jimin wasn’t ready to talk to him, so he wouldn’t ask.

They sat together on the swings. Side by side they swayed slightly. They didn’t speak, just dwelled in the comfort of good company, lost in their own thoughts.

Finally Taehyung spoke. “I should get going.”

Jimin smiled slightly. “See you tomorrow.”

“Yep. I can’t wait!”

“Wow.”

“It’s true!”

“Good for you, I’m going to get tired of your face.”

“There’s no way.” Taehyung said matter-of-factly.

He got out of the seat and bowed ninety degrees, just for fun. “Bye Jimin-ah,” he said with a smile.

Jimin laughed. “Bye Tae.”

Taehyung smiled wider, causing the rectangular shape of his smile to become more noticeable. It was the first time Jimin had used a nickname.

He walked away from Jimin somewhat reluctantly, but he knew he had to get back home. He needed to sort some things out around his house.

When he was out of sight of Jimin, or rather – when Jimin was out of his sight, he let his thoughts wander to the boy’s unbelievably cute smile.

“I wonder what’s bothering him?” He whispered to himself softly.


* * * * * * * * * *


Hosoek knocked on the door and shoved his hands into his pockets straight after. He didn’t have to wait long before the person he’d come to see opened the door.

Soekjin only needed to take one look at Hosoek to know he needed to get something off his chest. Without saying anything he opened the door wide.

“Hello Hosoek-ah.”

“Hey hyung.”

“Same as last time?”

“Same subject, worse situation.” He said as he stepped in.

Soekjin nodded. “Namjoonie! Hosoek-ah is here and I want to talk to him privately!” His boyfriend was always very understanding when he needed to be.

Namjoon appeared surprisingly quickly and gave Hosoek a nod before pecking Soekjin on the cheek. “Give me a call when you guys are done.”

“Of course. Thank you.” He replied gratefully.

When they were alone Soekjin looked Hosoek in the eye and gave him a warm smile. “Have a seat.”



***** ***** ***** ***** *****



A/N


Hey readers!

I hope you enjoyed it. As usual I love reading your comments.

This chapter took me some effort, but it’s written now and I enjoyed writing it.


Can we just appreciate Suga’s rap?


“-“ Same day, same moon

24/7 every moment repeats

My life is in between

Jobless twenty-somethings are afraid of tomorrow

It’s funny, you think anything

is possible when you’re a kid

When you feel how hard it is to get through a day

Keep feeling like the

“Control” beat, keep downloading it

Every single day is a repetition of ctrl+c, ctrl+v ”-”


Have a great day!


XXX

Waiting-4-Canon