R U Happy?

SMS - Save My Soul

Jimin couldn’t work out when exactly it was that he had gotten so damned sad.

He somehow ended up on the bathroom floor, tears leaking from his eyes. His arm stung slightly from the scratches he had created with his nails – not deep enough to do any harm, but deep enough to hurt. Why?  - Because he’s ugly. He couldn’t understand how he turned out like this when everyone he knows is so beautiful, so attractive that they could easily take a picture and have it displayed on a billboard without criticism.

He took deep breaths through his nostrils, trying hard to calm down. Why does he have to be so deeply affected by something so stupid? That must be it: he’s stupid. He’s ugly and he’s stupid and nobody in the world will want to marry him.

He thought back to what had happened at school some years ago. “He still has his baby fat guys!” “Wow! Like, nobody in this entire school still has their baby fat.” A young Shin Heeyoung had been the only one to say anything positive. “I think it’s cute!” She had added to the discussion - not that it mattered to him. They’d struck a nerve that had been more prominent for the few weeks prior.

After he stopped shaking he got to his feet, chastising himself for getting to the point where he’s lying on the floor of a bathroom in tears – he’s 21 years old for goodness’s sake! That’s weak. Great, now he’s weak too. He needs someone to help him. Someone to heal what’s been torn and make him happy like he used to be back when he had…

Jimin shook his head to force the memories away. Now was not the time for him to be thinking about the past. He washed his hands, the cold water hitting his hands like the reality that hits him every night when he goes to sleep – he’s far from happy.


* * * * * * * * * *


Jimin lay back in his bed and exhaled noisily. Another day survived.

He had been a singer since he was 18. Now he’s known to some people, but he’s not as big as he wants to be – it’s because he’s just not star material, obviously.
He had gone to the studio in the afternoon to record. As usual it was a lot of work and he was tired. His physical tiredness paired with his emotional exhaustion felt like tranquiliser running through his bloodstream.

Before he could even bring himself to run through what he had to do the next day he practically passed out. During the night he tossed and turned restlessly. These days his nightmares all had the same feelings. Feelings like those of a distressed child, lost in a sea of people, in search of their mother.

When  Jimin woke up that morning, sweating slightly, he felt a glimmer of happiness when he realised that it’s Saturday and he doesn’t have to worry about work. The necessary sad part of this is that he doesn’t know what to do with his day. Just when he was constructing plans of moping around the small apartment something unexpected happened – his phone rang. He couldn’t remember the last time his phone had rung.

“Hello?” He spoke with a gravelly morning voice.

“Hey Jimin. Ummm… I know it’s been a while and I’m sorry to disturb you so early in the morning…”

Jimin’s lips lifted at the corners at the sound of the familiar voice. “Hi Yoongi-hyung.”

“I’m surprised that you can still recognise my voice.”

“Like I’d forget your voice hyung.”

“Well, it has been a while.”

“What did you call for hyung?”

“Well, I was thinking…”

“That’s new.”

“Yah! Respect your elders!”

Jimin giggled, “You were thinking?”

“I was thinking that I kinda miss hanging out.”

“I kinda miss hanging out too.”

“Yeah. Umm, are you free today?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you want to go out for a coffee?”

“Hmmm… do I?”

“I’ll pick you up?”

“Do you remember where I live?”

“Of course.”

“Then yes - I’ll join you for coffee. What time?”

“Half past two?”

“Fine by me.”

“Okay, cool. I’ll see you.”

“Looking forward to it.”

“Bye then.”

“Bye hyung.”

Jimin lowered his phone and felt some of his dark feelings reduce their weight. He had missed his friend a lot.

Yoongi was a friend Jimin had made when he had just graduated. He had just gotten to the recording studio completely new to the business world. Yoongi was an artist that recorded at the same studio, he had experience. He was a great rapper and his name was growing in the industry. He took pity on the cute small boy with the scared look in his eyes. “Hey there.” That’s all Min Yoongi had said and it led to a strange but great friendship which lasted for some time.
Through time Yoongi got more busy and eventually he got an offer from a bigger company. Jimin had told him it was all okay and he didn’t mind, but inside he knew he’d really miss his friend.

- - - - -

Yoongi embraced his long lost friend in a way that bridged the gap of time. “I missed you Jimin-ah.”

“I missed you too hyung.”

They sat together in a mostly vacant coffee shop and spoke about how their work was, TV programmes, movies and video games. Yoongi sipped on his Iced Americano and Jimin drank his coffee. They easily fell into their old routine and soon felt comfortable with each other again.

When they parted ways at Jimin’s door Yoongi drove home feeling better than he had in a long time. He had made the decision to stop letting his work take over his life. It was making him miserable. Seeing Jimin again and speaking to him like old times made him feel so much better, but not entirely happy, something was still missing.

He gripped the steering wheel tighter and sighed. He hadn’t had time for relationships since his time in school ended. He wants to make time, but now the problem was finding someone that he actually likes. He decided that it would be best to wait for them to come to him.





* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A/N

Hey there!

BTS is my Ultimate band and I am happy to be writing something featuring them.

I hope you enjoy the story!

Please don’t hesitate to comment - reading them is a pleasure.

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon