Save Me

SMS - Save My Soul

Yoongi chewed his lip as he studied his boyfriend’s face. At first he hadn’t noticed it, but it was quite obvious now that he thought about it.

“Jungkook-ah?”

“Yeah hyung?”

“Why is it that you cough so much?” Yoongi cocked an eyebrow. “Do you have a disease you haven’t told me about?”

Jungkook looked like someone had asked him what year it was. “Huh?”

“Almost every time we talk in a group, there is at least one point at which you cough.”

It took a while, but eventually the confusion on Jungkook’s face cleared. “Oh. It’s just… a thing I do hyung. When situations are awkward I break the silence. Or I do it to get someone’s attention.”

Yoongi smiled. “Then I guess it’s a good thing that you haven’t yet done it when we’re alone?”

“That would be correct.”

“Let’s try to keep it that way then.”


* * * * * * * * * *


After Jimin climbed into his bed he thought about the days he’d spent away from his apartment. What was both scary and wonderful at the same time was the fact that Taehyung had changed him. Thinking back to the time before he’d met his friend, Jimin found himself smiling at how much better he was now. He wasn’t all the way there, but he knew that there had been an improvement in his self-image and overall mood.

Jimin knew for a fact that he liked Taehyung even before they had spent all that time together. The time they’d spent living together had confirmed his feelings. The question now was - what can he do about it?

Jimin glanced at the clock and it was still fairly early. He stared at his contacts with the idea that he needed advice. Yoongi? No, he had a date with Jungkook at the moment. Hosoek? No, that might be too much. As it is Jimin is/was involved with both of Hosoek’s interests, past and current. Hyejin? Why not?

He called her and the phone rang for some time. When the call went to voicemail Jimin cut it with a sigh.

Jungkook was with Yoongi... Maybe his brother? No, he had studying to do and it would just be strange to contact him for relationship advice. Namjoon? That would just be awkward. Soekjin? Could he talk to the elder about stuff like this?

Going for broke Jimin called Soekjin who answered almost immediately.

“Hello?”

“Hello Soekjin-hyung.”

“What’s up Jimin-ah? You never call me.”

“Well… umm… C-can you help me?”

“With?”

In Jimin’s mind he was definitely going to say that he needed relationship advice, but from his mouth came only a name. “Taehyung.”

“Finally! I’ve been waiting!”

“Huh?”

“Never mind. What about Taehyung?”

“I… I think I might… No. I know that I like him, more than just as a friend.”

“I see.” Said Soekjin.“Well, I’m glad you decided to ask me because I give good advice, or so I’m told.”

“So you’ll help me?”

“I’ll give you advice and whether you choose to take it or not and whatever you end up doing is all on you.”

“Thanks hyung.”

“Well? What is it that you want to do?”

“I don’t know hyung… I like him a lot and I think I should do something about it?”

“You don’t sound so sure. Do you really like him?”

“Yes!”

“Then you should tell him.”

“ … ”

“Jimin-ah? Are you there? Hello?”

“Huh?”

“Are you going to confess or not?”

“I… I guess I should.”

“Damn right you should! Think it through properly and do it in a cute way. Taehyung likes cute things.”

“O-Okay.”

“That’s all I’ve got for you. Tell me how it went once you’ve done it okay?”

“Umm… Sure.”

“Oh! And Jimin-ah?”

“Mhhm?”

“Don’t doubt yourself and don’t get second thougts. When you’ve decided that you want to do it make sure you go through with it, unless of course something legit stops you.”

“Okay hyung. Thank you so much.”

“Glad to help. Good luck and goodbye!”

“Bye hyung.”

Soekjin cut the call and Jimin put the phone on his bedside table. What if Taehyung didn’t like him? He’d lose a friend, a very helpful, sweet, caring and fun friend. He sighed. He’d work out the details sometime later. Right now he needed to sleep.

Jimin pulled the sheets closer to himself and suddenly the absence of Taehyung’s warmth was as evident as the blush he felt rising to his cheeks as he thought about how he’d held the other the past few days.


* * * * * * * * * *


Taehyung shouted into the receiver. “Yah! Why are you laughing? This is serious!”

“Sorry Taehyung-ah… It’s just… You know what? I’m glad you called me to help you. I give good advice, or so I’m told.”

“I would be glad too if you actually started helping me.”

“Okay, okay! Calm down Taehyung! I know exactly what you need to do.”

“What is it?”

“Wait.”

“I have been waiting! Would you just give me your advice already before I call Namjoon-hyung instead!”

“That is my advice you pabo~! My advice is that you should wait.”

“Oh. For what?”

“For Jimin.”

“What? Hyung, I’m not getting you.”

“Just… You’ll get me one day. Wait patiently and everything will work out.”

“Are you sure hyung?”

“Absolutely, 100%.”

“Okay then. I trust you.”

“Good because I’m right. Now go to sleep, it’s late.”

“Goodnight hyung.”

“Goodnight Taehyung-ah.”


* * * * * * * * * *


Jimin knew that bad things were going to happen. He could feel himself slipping like the tears travelling down his face. There was only one person who knew about his problems and could help him, but he didn’t want him to see him like this. Who was he kidding? He wanted to see Taehyung at any time of day and right now he needed him.

He picked up his phone and was about to press 1 when he realised that he couldn’t trust himself to speak. He opted to send an SMS instead.

“- Hey Tae. I need you right now. Please. Save me.”-”

He didn’t even read over the text before pressing send. To think that he was fine just yesterday... He’d even considered confessing today, but he just had to go and ruin things for himself. He realised that he couldn’t take the text back and found himself wondering if he’d done the right thing.

When Taehyung practically fell through the entrance as the door was opened Jimin found his doubts fly away to a distant land. Taehyung closed the door behind him and embraced Jimin straight after.

Jimin’s tears stopped flowing almost instantly at the familiar and welcome feeling of Taehyung’s body against his own. He let himself hold onto Taehyung, bury his face into his neck and squeeze him just as tightly as he was squeezing him. Their arms hurt after a while, but neither cared. Taehyung only let go of Jimin when he knew the other was ready.

Their eyes searched each other’s and eventually they silently settled on going to sleep. They were both tired and Jimin was emotionally drained. Taehyung texted Hosoek that he would be sleeping at Jimin’s apartment. Hosoek texted back that he would be at Hyejin’s place. Taehyung shared this piece of information with Jimin, who smiled.

Taehyung had to use one of Jimin’s shirts to sleep in as he hadn’t brought any clothes with him. The slightly younger found himself enjoying the feel of the material and he made a mental note not to give the shirt back to Jimin, what might have added to his decision could have been the fact that it smelled of Jimin too.

Jimin had to keep himself from staring at his friend’s gorgeous thighs and opted to just collapse on the bed before he did just that. They cuddled as usual, but this time Jimin buried his face in Taehyung’s shoulder despite the prominence of the other’s collarbone. Taehyung softly Jimin’s hair with one hand until he fell asleep then fell asleep himself to the sound of the other’s steady breathing.



***** ***** ***** ***** *****

A/N

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for all the support everyone <3

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon