One Day in a Strange Place

SMS - Save My Soul

Jimin stared at his feet as they placed themselves one in front of the other on the sidewalk. He wasn’t fully controlling them and he didn’t know where they were taking him.
He curled his hands into fists and stuffed them into his hoodie’s pockets.

He was a wreck. It was late at night and he was walking to God-knows-where - he wouldn’t be surprised if he got mugged.

His feet stopped. Jimin looked up to see himself at an abandoned playground. He walked into it and soon found himself by swings abandoned by the children that once played on them. They had taken a beating, but they seemed to still be in working order.

He sat down on the right one of the two and moved the swing back and forth with a slight bending of his knees. He was grateful that the swings were suspended by rope and not chains. Those would have rusted so much that they wouldn’t have been able to move.

He cracked his knuckles for the lack of anything better to do. Tilting his head back, he found himself thinking about how beautiful the stars looked. He wished that he didn’t have to be so sad. If he weren’t so miserable he’d probably be one of those cheerful, bubbly, forever happy people that everyone envies.

He knew that wasn’t true and dismissed the thought. If he were happier that’s what he’d be – happier. He’d still have tough times, but those would be easier to deal with.

Jimin puffed air out of his nose. Yoongi was an amazing friend and a great person. He had sadness of his own… Recently he seemed happier and Jimin suspected it had something to do with the attractive boy Yoongi had mentioned.

He sighed and drew his bottom lip into his mouth to graze it with his teeth. There wasn’t much he had in the world. His thoughts turned to his encounter with the beautiful stranger. Without even knowing him the boy had brightened his day.

He smiled slightly. It was about time for him to get back to his apartment. He got off the swing and walked carefully along the path that he had come by so as not to get lost.


- - - - -


Jimin walked back into his apartment with a sad sense of serenity. He looked around at his scarily clean living room. It didn’t look lived in…

He yawned and rubbed his tired eyes with the back of his hand.

“Ah! Time for you to go to sleep Jimin.” He spoke aloud to himself.

He smiled humourlessly, “You’re going crazy, you know that?”

With that he made his way to his room and to an unstable security that is the only sleep he knows.


* * * * * * * * * *


“You won’t believe it Jimin-ah!” Yoongi sat on Jimin’s living-room couch hunched forward with his arms crossed, covering the knees that were exposed by his ripped jeans.

“What, hyung?”

“I asked Jungkook-ah if he wants to come to my house sometime and he was like, ‘Can I come now hyung?’ It was totally unexpected!”

“You see? I told you.” Jimin answered smugly.

“What?”

“Ah, nothing hyung.”

“You can’t just say that!”

“I just did.”

“Really!? You rascal!”

Jimin smiled, “Tell me all about it hyung.”

“Well, we had friendly conversation all the way there and when we got there he was so interested in the place. He asked about the rooms and everything.”

“Did you tell him about the spare room?”

“Yeah, I even showed him around, why?”

“Good.”

“Yah!”

Jimin grinned, “Don’t worry yourself about it hyung.”

Yoongi sighed. He knew he wasn’t going to get anything out of Jimin. He opted to just go on with life, “How are you Jimin?”

“Why hyung?”

“Does there need to be a reason for me to ask?”

“I’m okay.”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Mmhhhm.”

“Okay then. Want to watch a movie?” Yoongi offered.

“Nah hyung, I’m a bit tired today.”

“I see… You do look tired.”

“Next time hyung.”

“I’ll remember that.”

“I know you will.” Jimin smiled a mask onto his face and wondered what his friend was referring to – the movie or his obvious cover-up regarding his emotional state. He  had to get better at this…


* * * * * * * * * *


It was a bright, sunny day when Jimin decided to go for a walk. His thoughts were consuming him again and he figured that getting himself out of his isolated apartment might help a bit.

Despite the sunshine, Jimin was dull. He felt like a flower drooping after all hope for it has been lost.

He found himself at the abandoned playground again. He made his way to the swings with his head hanging.

“Hey!” A cheery voice startled Jimin.

He jumped and placed his right hand on his racing heart in surprise. After his heart rate had calmed he realised that he wasn’t alone at the playground. Jimin swallowed thickly.

The person sitting on the swing he had the other day was almost surreal in their beauty. He blinked a little longer than needed. His eyes opened to the same sight.

“Hi…” He managed to force the word out.

He studied the strangers face properly and felt a wave of realisation hit him. The boy was the same one from the store. He recalled the sound of the voice when they had spoken of something measly as milk and his memory of it being deep was soon proven correct. “You’re the guy from the store right?”

“Yeah. I didn’t think I would see you again.”

“It’s a small world.” The boy stopped the swing from moving with his left foot and tilted his head to the left. “Then again, in another situation the world would seem very big. Everything’s about how you look at it.”

“That’s an interesting observation.”

“It’s true though.”

“Yeah it is.”

Jimin sat on the swing next to the stranger and turned to look at him. “How did you come to be here?”

“I live close by so I drop by here sometimes.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, and you?”

“I was just taking a walk…”

“And you came here - an abandoned, dilapidated place? Isn’t that a bit odd?”

“Yah! You’re sitting here too.”

The boy laughed and Jimin found the sound to be heavenly. “I’m just teasing.”

They lapsed into conversation about everyday things and things out of the ordinary. They sat together on the swings of the playground looking quite a sight to passers-by considering the condition of their surroundings and their apparent maturity.

When the afternoon turned into night and his companion had left minutes back with a beautiful smile and elegant wave, Jimin realised – he still didn’t know the stranger’s name.





***** ***** ***** ***** *****

A/N

Hello readers!

That was the next chapter. It was a ‘here goes nothing’ sort of thing so I hope it turned out well.

Please don’t hold back comments, they are appreciated.

Thanks for your support : )

XXX
Waiting-4-Canon