Where did you come from? Pt.1

SMS - Save My Soul

Jimin buttoned the cuffs of his sleeves while he looked into the full-length mirror. As he fixed the collar, he tried to figure out why they had left marks. He’d examined the scratches in the morning and realised that there had been blood, just the slightest bit, but it was there. There was no way he could have that much strength and they were different, thinner.

He sighed and ed the left cuff to look at the lines decorating the inside of his arm; luckily they were short of his veins. There were thin black dotted lines, like those kids trace to make pictures.

He walked to his bedside table and that’s when it made sense. Recently he’s used a compass to draw circles. Boredom can drive people to extremes. He hadn’t even bothered to put it away and his disorganisation had been the cause of this.

The compass was lying on the floor. It looked so harmless just lying there, but in the hands of someone who’d lost his mind… .

He picked up the instrument and threw it into a drawer. He’d find the box it was supposed to go into later on when he had the time. Right now, he needed to get to work.


* * * * * * * * * *


“Damn.” Said Jungkook.

“What?” Jimin frowned.

“Why…” Jungkook looked Jimin up and down, “…did you dress so smart today?”

“Why can’t I?” was Jimin's response.

“Well… good point. It’s just that it’s out of the ordinary.

Just then Yoongi entered the scene. “Hey Jimin.” He looked twice at the latter. “You look nice today, what’s the occasion?”

“Really hyung!” Jimin was getting flustered with all the questions. He walked away from the pair, who were now both looking at him with amused expressions. As he sped walked to find somewhere to sit he bumped into someone.

“Oh! Sorry.” He looked up to see Taehyung.

Taehyung didn’t respond. He just stood there. A few moments passed before Jimin spoke, “Ummm… Tae?”

The slightly younger snapped out of it. “Hey Chim Chim.”

Jimin felt his face heat slightly. It was the first time anyone had called him that. It was definitely a cute nickname. Then he paused to think - why was he blushing?

“Where are you going?”

“Huh?”

“Where are you going?”

“Oh. I was just on my way to… find a place to sit. They don’t need me for recording right now.”

“Can I join you?”

“Sure.”

They made their way to a bench that was outside the building. In the natural light Jimin got the chance to notice just how good Taehyung looked. The angles of his face were perfect. Taehyung suddenly turned his head and his eyes met Jimin’s, who was about to turn away until Taehyung smiled. It was dazzling.

Jimin felt his mind getting hazy and that’s when he coughed awkwardly as he turned to the other side. Taehyung spoke. “You’re dressed different today.”

“Why is everyone bothering me about this?”

“I didn’t say it’s a bad thing. You look good in anything you wear.”

Jimin was shocked. “Really?” he said, facing Taehyung again. The other boy messed with the hair on the right side of his head, looking flustered. “Yeah.” He said quickly.

Jimin didn’t know what to say. “Thanks?”

“Is that a question?”

Jimin laughed. “Thanks Tae Tae.”

Taehyung smiled widely. He liked the cute nickname. He observed how there seemed to be a shadow moving around with Jimin, even in the daylight. There was definitely something up with Jimin. Even if Jimin would lie he should at least ask. He was about to go through with it when he heard a familiar voice.

“Taehyung-ah!”

“Hosoek-hyung! What are you doing here?” Taehyung smiled brightly.

“I came to see where you work. I have a free day and I’m bored.” Jimin knew the feeling.

Hosoek glanced at Jimin, who stood up immediately. “Park Jimin.”  He said as soon as he was beside Taehyung, who was already out of his seat. He bowed and then smiled when he had straightened. “Jung Hosoek.” said Hosoek as he returned the greeting.

Hosoek had hated the boy at some point. He’d hated him for having something he couldn’t, but he had to admit that the boy was attractive. “I’ve heard a lot about you.” They spoke simultaneously. They both laughed at the coincidence.

“I know I talk a lot.” Said Taehyung. “Let’s go inside then hyung. Do you want to come along Jiminnie?”

Hosoek stiffined momentarily. Jimin noticed, but he didn’t pay much attention to it. “Sure, why not?” Together they walked through the building. When they got to the last room they came across Yoongi and Jungkook. There were more introductions.

The conversation they had ended up having turned to food. Hosoek turned to Taehyung, “That reminds me! Soekjin said that he would like to see you sometime. It’s been a while.”

Taehyung smiled. “I’ll visit him soon.”

“Wait.” Said Yoongi.

Everyone looked at him, confused. “Kim Soekjin? The Kim Soekjin that loves food?”

“Yeah…” Hosoek said.

“Oh my God.” Yoongi looked utterly shocked. “Do you mind taking me along when you go to visit him?” Yoongi asked.

“Sure, but if I may ask – why?” Taehyung replied.

“I knew him a long time ago. If he’s the Soekjin I’m thinking of it will be a miracle. He just… disappeared one day.” There was thoughtful silence for a while. Jungkook spoke first. “I should get back to work.”


* * * * * * * * * *


Taehyung went to Jimin’s apartment straight after work. He planned to stay there for a short while before going back to his house.

He waited on the couch while Jimin changed into his home clothes. He turned around when his friend walked into the living room. That was when something strange happened. Jimin had been smiling and walking towards him when he suddenly dropped the smile and shouted, “Wait! I’m coming back now!” as he practically ran back into his room.

Taehyung was puzzled as to what Jimin could have run back for. His friend walked back out with a smile that had a hint of nervousness. He was wearing a black hoodie on top of the white vest he’d been wearing previously. Taehyung frowned. “Why’d you get a jacket?”

“I’m feeling cold.” Jimin answered, smiling slightly too wide.

“Okay” Said Taehyung.

He stayed for a snack and chat. When it was time to leave he found himself standing by Jimin’s door. He didn’t want to leave. He pouted.

“What’s up?” Jimin asked with a laugh.

“I don’t want to go. I’m gonna miss you.”

Jimin blushed, which Taehying didn’t miss even though Jimin ducked his head. “You see me almost every day pabo~!”

“I know, but still!” Taehyung said in a whining voice.

“Oh my gosh Taehyung, go!”

“At least give me a hug first!”

Jimin was taken aback, but it was a request he wouldn’t refuse. The hugs they’d shared before were always side-hugs and quick greeting hugs. Never goodbye hugs or thank you hugs. Even though they embraced properly for the first time, there was an air of comfort about it. They’d stayed like that for about ten seconds when Taehyung spoke softly. “I’ll go now.”

Jimin let go hurriedly, “Yeah.”

“Bye Jiminnie.”

“Bye Tae Tae.”

With that Taehyung walked out. On his way home he thought about how amazing it felt to hug Jimin, but he didn’t forget to think about what could cause him to wear a hoodie when it really wasn’t cold.

Jimin stood by the now closed door thinking about how he really hadn’t wanted to let go of Taehyung. He was so warm… He didn’t know where Taehyung came from, but he had managed to become one of the few things that made him happy.

His thoughts turned to how he’d almost exposed himself. That had been stupid, he needed to be careful. He sighed. Taehyung was as smart as he was beautiful. Out of everyone he would be the most likely to figure something out. Jimin’s head began to swirl. He decided to take a warm bath.



***** ***** ***** ***** *****

A/N

Hey there!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Thank you for supporting me.

Thank you to all those who’ve commented!

Please look forward to the rest of the story <3

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon