Where did you come from? Pt.2

SMS - Save My Soul

Soekjin was calmly cleaning his kitchen counter, concentrating hard on the work at hand. He hummed a random tune as he worked. As he was putting the cleaning supplies away he heard a knock at the door.

He opened the door to Taehyung and he smiled broadly at him.

“Hey! It’s been a while.”

“I know Soekjin-hyung.” Taehyung smiled. “Someone asked if he could come with me to visit and I said he could so…” he stepped into the house and turned around. “Come in.”

Soekjin smiled, expecting to see Hosoek, but was shocked beyond belief when someone he once knew stepped into view.

Yoongi stared straight at Soekjin and paused before speaking. “Hello Soekjin-ah.”

Soekjin swallowed visibly. “Yoongi-ah?”

Yoongi smiled in a way that was almost forlorn. “Yeah.”

“Come inside.”

Together Taehyung and Yoongi made their way to the living room while Soekjin fixed up some snacks for them all. When he brought the tray to the table Yoongi spoke up. “You always were the best when it came to food.”

Soekjin smiled. “Thanks.” He said this while situating himself on the couch beside Taehyung.

Taehyung scratched the back of his neck and looked to Yoongi at his left. He turned his head to the boy at his right. “Errr… Soekjin-hyung?”

“Yes?”

“I really feel like having ice-cream right now. Like, I have this sudden craving for it. You wouldn’t mind if I go out to get it right?”

Soekjin frowned, but the look faded when he met Taehyung’s eyes. “No, I don’t mind.”

After the formalities Taehyung walked out hurriedly. When he was gone the remaining two took a few moments to process their thoughts. Yoongi spoke first and the words were soft.

“I missed you.”

Soekjin met his eyes and smiled softly. “Me too Yoongi-ah.”

There was some silence before Yoongi broke it with the question he’d wanted to ask for years. “What happened?”

Soekjin sighed. “I… it’s a long story.” He looked up at Yoongi. “You deserve to know though.”

He leaned back on the couch before and fiddled with his hair before speaking. “I had a… situation at home. Things weren’t always bad. They weren’t the best, but I could live you know? Like, when we… dated - everything was okay. I was happy for the most part. I didn’t break up with you for any other reason than the one I gave you – we were just friends, you and I both know that.”

Soekjin looked at Yoongi and the other boy nodded in agreement. Soekjin, feeling that he continue, spoke up again. “Well, things were still okay then. It was about a term after that when my… parents both started drinking.”
He side-smiled. “I thought things weren’t ideal before that… well, that’s when they started hitting me, beating me up sometimes. I carried on with life and only stayed away from school when people could see the marks. When… when you would notice. I said that I was sick and I knew people would believe it because I had a history of illnesses. Anyway, I didn’t want you to know because I knew how you would have reacted. You would have barged into my house and probably beaten them up in all senses of the word. I didn’t want you to get hurt so…” Soekjin stopped speaking.

Yoongi bit his lip. “I’m so sorry Soekjin-ah.”

“None of it was ever your fault.”

“Where did you go?”

Soekjin smiled. “I met someone. He’s younger than me. He also had problems at home, they were very similar actually. He had it worse though, his parents were drug addicts. He’d run away from home and bought himself a house and everything. We met one day when I went to the store for some first aid things. He’s as smart as he’s independent. Since then we’d meet up sometimes and he helped me a great deal. It took so much for me to do it, but I had to. I ran away from home, school and my best friend. I came here.”

Yoongi looked around the house with new eyes. “Wow.”

Soekjin smile was wider now. “His name is Kim Namjoon. Not only did he save me, but he also loved me and to top it all off he made me follow my passion.”

Yoongi frowned, “food?”

“You guessed it! I blog about food, I’m actually really famous in the blogging world right now.”

“Wow.”

Soekjin laughed at Yoongi’s repetition of the word. “You didn’t tell me anything about you.”

“Oh! Ummm…” Yoongi smiled. “I’ll sum it up because I don’t feel like telling a long story.”

“Go ahead.”

Yoongi ticked things off on his fingers. “I became a rapper. I write a lot of music. I bought a house. I made a really good friend - he just wormed his way into my heart and… I now have a boyfriend.”

Soekjin giggled at the last one. “What’s his name?”

“Jeon Jungkook. He’s a singer. I met him at GreatHits - the company I work at. He’s young and talented. Also, he’s really beautiful.”

“That’s great!”

As the two sank into a conversation that dealt with menial things they felt the connection they’d once had as best friends begin to form again. After about ten minutes Taehyung walked in through the door.

“I hope you guys saved me snacks.” Was the first thing he said when he saw them.


* * * * * * * * * *

Hosoek made the decision to join his roommate at Soekjin’s house when he’d gotten the text from him that included a picture of his favourite meal and a caption that read, “Soekjin-hyung made it with you in mind.”

He couldn’t resist the thought of the delicious meal option when he looked at the Instant Ramen he was going to eat because he was too lazy to cook at the moment.

He wondered how the three in the house were getting along and looked forward to the dinner with them. Namjoon would probably get back from work in time to join them as well.


* * * * * * * * * *


Jimin sighed. Why did this have to happen to him? All he wanted to do was take a drive. He just wanted to get something to eat. The very obvious squeaking was getting to him. The car was emitting the annoying sounds at an annoying pitch.

He sighed and was considering just it up when he saw a garage. He recognised the brand name, apparently they were very professional.

He drove the car into place and stepped out of the vehicle. He walked up to a man who looked authoritative enough and spoke, “Hello. Umm… my car is making weird noises and I was wondering if I could get it fixed here.” Great, he sounded so awkward.

The man smiled politely. “Unfortunately we closed five minutes ago.”

“Oh.” Said Jimin. He was about to walk away when another voice spoke.

“It’s okay. I’ll get the job done.” Jimin turned to the voice.

“Hello, I’m Kim Namjoon. Nice to meet you…”

“Park Jimin.”

“I’ll fix it for you for free if you promise two things.”

“Really?” Jimin frowned, he must be losing his mind. Or maybe he was dreaming?

“Firstly, you have to keep me company and secondly, this sounds weird but it doesn’t matter, you give me a lift home. It really isn’t far. It’s just that my leg is sore and I don’t feel like walking today.”

Jimin was taken aback, but he searched the stranger’s eyes and found no signs of lying. In fact, he felt strangely that he could trust this man.

“Deal.”

- - - - -

“Is this the place?”

During their out of the ordinary situation things got stranger when Namjoon had mentioned his boyfriend Soekjin. Jimin worked out that he was the famous Jin when Namjoon had talked animatedly about how he was good at cooking and he had a blog. Jimin figured that his blog name made sense. What he didn’t figure out was that the real name was one he’d heard before.

In line with the promises made Jimin drove Namjoon to his house - still going on with their conversation - and got out of the car with him to meet Kim Soekjin.

They stood at the door together as Namjoon unlocked it and shouted. “I’m home Soekjin-ah! I brought someone to see you too!”


***** ***** ***** ***** *****





A/N

Hello readers!

I would like to say thanks to everyone who actually follows this and to my editor. <3

‘Young Forever’ is soo amazing!!

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon