What am I to you?

SMS - Save My Soul

On the last day of Hosoek’s absence there was a heat-induced storm. Jimin had moved the table from the middle of the lounge and placed a duvet in the empty space. Taehyung was crouched on the couch the whole time.


Jimin looked at him from time to time as he passed him to put pillows all over the area and then set up candles around the room to provide light. Taehyung gave him a questioning look and he responded with a reassuring smile.

He dragged Taehyung off the couch and onto the pillows that covered the duvet. Taehyung sprawled out onto the pillows. “Comfy.” He said.

Jimin smiled, “I’ll fetch us snacks.”

They ate and spoke easily, with the only interruption being the occasional crack of thunder that was louder than all the rest - which caused Taehyung to shiver slightly. When they deemed the time right they took away the dishes which they would wash in the morning.

Taehyung fetched them a blanket and lay down while Jimin followed suit with the blanket in tow, successfully covering both of them. He’d already blown out all the candles except one.

When they had both settled down Taehyung smiled at Jimin before blowing out the last candle with a breath that had to reach quite far. The room was flooded with darkness and the sounds of the storm became more evident.

Jimin didn’t have to ask permission in any way before he hugged Taehyung to his chest, for which the slightly younger was grateful. Taehyung grabbed a handful of the shirt that covered Jimin’s chest and nuzzled his face there. The soft rise and fall of Jimin’s chest and puffs of breath that came into contact with the top of his head became a lot more evident than the booming noise outside, which he didn’t care about anymore.

Taehyung thought about how Jimin was really helpful and understanding where people would usually look down on him. The thought made something in his heart stir and he was more convinced to be there for him.

The last thing Taehyung felt and heard before drifting off was the sound of Jimin’s thudding heart against his ear.


* * * * * * * * * *


The room was filled with cheerful chatter and warm lighting added to the ambiance. Soekjin had baked a cake to commemorate Hosoek’s achievement. The frosting spelt out the name of his friend and also included that of his dance partner, whom Hosoek had informed them would join them when she was done with her morning dance practice.

Hyejin surprisingly lived around the same area as all of them - Hosoek felt like it was destiny. All of them were excitedly awaiting her arrival and more than one person jumped up when there was a small knock on the door. Eventually it was Namjoon who answered the knock by opening the door slightly faster than was necessary.

He was met with the sight of a slender and dainty girl who bowed immediately and said. “Hello, my name is Kim Hyejin.”

“Nice to meet you Hyejin-sshi. I’m Kim Namjoon. Please come inside, everyone is waiting for you.”

When Hyejin walked into the room she was immediately embraced by Hosoek and even though it was brief she still appreciated it. She felt slightly nervous to meet so many new people. When he let go of her she quickly turned to the general direction of the other people in the room and bowed. When she straightened she found herself looking straight into a pair of eyes that she recognised and her own widened with recognition and shock.

“Jimin-ah?” “Hyejin-ah?” They spoke at the same time and everyone else in the room frowned.

“You know each other?” Yoongi and Hosoek spoke at the same time.

Hyejin, still looking at Jimin, nodded in response to the question. Jimin stood up and made his way to her. When he got to her they inspected each other as if they were making sure each was who the other thought they were. When they had passed each other’s inspection they embraced tightly. Hyejin was smaller than Jimin, but not by that much.

“It’s been too long.”

“Definitely.”

They pulled away and laughed together at the fact that the room was filled with curious silence and everyone was looking at them.

Jimin spoke for both of them. “Hyejin and I were childhood friends. We knew each other when we were really young. We were, like, best friends at the time. Long story short Hyejin went to an institute for dance and we lost contact.”

All the facial expressions fell away. Hosoek’s changed to one of wonder. “Jimin, you didn’t think anything when I told you her name was Kim Hyejin and I’m dancing with her?”

“Well…” Jimin scratched the back of his head. “I just thought it was a coincidence.” Before Hosoek could ask her a similar question Hyejin spoke,“I thought that too.”

Hyejin and Jimin shared a look and Hyejin spoke. “Actually, there’s more to the story.” Taehyung took in a quick breath. “Oh my gosh…” He and Hyejin made eye contact and she nodded at him.

“Jimin and I dated when we were young. It was really brief though.”

Hosoek ran a hand through his hair, Taehyung let out a deep breath, Soekjin gasped and everyone else just looked really shocked.

“What happened?” asked Jungkook.

Jimin answered him, “It wasn’t working because I’m gay. She really understood and helped me deal with it. She took it better than my parents did actually…” Jimin trailed off and looked down. Hyejin placed a comforting arm on Jimin’s shoulder.

“That’s all in the past now. So… anyone want to fill me in?”

Namjoon spoke for all of them with a smile that showed that he found it humorous that they were all in such a situation. He pointed to each person as he spoke, knowing that Hyejin hadn’t been properly introduced yet. “I’m dating Soekjin-hyung here. Yoongi-hyung, there, and Jungkook-ah, next to him, are dating. Those two, Jimin-ah and Taehyung-ah, are best friends. As you know, Hosoek is dating you. Umm, we’re all friends, Hosoek and Taehyung are roommates – I’m sure you know. If there’s anything I’ve left out you’ll get it soon enough.”

“Ahh… I see.” After Hyejin spoke she looked at her long-lost friend and her eyes flicked to Taehyung’s. Taehyung bit his lip and blinked as his cheeks dusted light pink and she smiled.

Jungkook coughed, looking at Jin pointedly.

“Well, it’s time for lunch and afterwards we can all eat the cake!”

“I look forward to it - you spent a lot of time on it.” Said Namjoon.

“Let’s eat!” Said Yoongi. He beckoned Jimin to sit next to him, where he would be next to Taehyung at the same time.


***** ***** ***** ***** *****


A/N

Thanks to the editor!!

I know it’s been a bit of a while… I wanted this chapter to tie things together.

Hope you enjoyed it! Don’t be afraid to comment.


XXX

Waiting-4-Canon