Does that Make Sense?

SMS - Save My Soul

“I hope everything is going well...” Namjoon said.

“Me too.” Soekjin agreed.

“…or all my hard work and money will have gone to waste.”

“Yah!” Soekjin gave his boyfriend a slap on the back of his head.

“It was all of our hard work and money.” Yoongi corrected.

Soekjin gave the two a look. “Do you guys have hearts?”

“They do, it’s just that they’re mourning the fact that none of us will know what happened until sometime tomorrow.” Said Jungkook.

“Unless of course I go in to ‘fetch something’ tomorrow morning.” Hosoek wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

“No you can’t. First of all Taehyung will see through it, secondly Jimin will be pissed and thirdly I won’t let you.” Said Hyejin. “Also, we all know that the most money and effort was put in by Jimin.”

“Finally someone who has some sense!” Soekjin exclaimed.

The other four in the room sighed collectively. “It’s not a crime to be curious.” Jungkook said, trying his luck. “Maybe Hosoek should just - ”

“No!” Hyejin and Soekjin shouted at the same time.


* * * * * * * * * *


“Will you go on a date with me?” Jimin asked with a cute giggle.

“Right now?”

“Yes.”

“Seriously?”

“Seriously.”

Could Taehyung say no to the sparkle in Jimin’s eyes and that adorable facial expression? Not at all. “Yes I will.”

Jimin led Taehyung by his hand and they made their way to the dining room. Here Jimin stopped and told Taehyung to wait while he fetched two packages from the kitchen.

“What about work and - ”

“Don’t worry about anything. It’s all sorted out.” Jimin smiled reassuringly. With that he told Taehyung to walk beside him as they walked out of the building.


- - - - -


Jimin drove them to a spot familiar to only the two of them. None of their friends knew where he would take Taehyung for the meal Soekjin had prepared with Namjoon, Hyejin and Jimin’s help. It was partly because he didn’t want to be followed and mostly because it was their special place.

Jimin laid out the picnic mat under a small tree and placed the packages on it. “This is an unusual place for a first date.”

“I know. I chose a place that’s unusual and special, like you.”

Taehyung almost cringed at the sappy line, but he loved it. He loved all of it - the cuteness of Jimin’s obvious hard work, the sentiment, the petals that littered the ground around the small space Jimin had chosen and most of all, Park Jimin himself.

Instead of pulling out two identical meals from each package as expected, Jimin took their meal out of only one package and left the other one in the shade. There was a variety of snacks that was enough to make up a meal for two people, the majority being finger foods, and a fruity drink to have along with everything.

“Waaa!” said Taehyung. He was seriously touched now. Nobody had ever done something like this for him before.

“Do you like it?” Jimin looked genuinely concerned.

Awww. Taehyung threw both his arms in the air to emphasise his sincerity. “I love it!”

Jimin ran a hand through his hair twice. “Ummm… enjoy!”

As they ate they chatted away like they usually did. Taehyung suddenly realised something. “Jiminnie?”

“Mhhm?”

“Now that we know umm… each other’s feelings, can we talk about absolutely everything?”

“I don’t see why not, I trust you completely.”

Taehyung smiled widely at that. It faded quickly and he turned serious. “What happened the other day?”

“Which one?”

“When you sent me the SMS. Will you tell me?”

“Oh…” Jimin bowed his head. Just when Taehyung was wondering if he should have asked some other time, Jimin spoke quietly. “I um, you know my ex-boyfriend right?”

Taehyung spoke gently. “Yes.”

“You know how he died?”

“Yeah.”

“What even Yoongi doesn’t know is that I was there. It was in the hospital and there were machines attached to him, keeping him alive. I stayed with him even when his parents left. Well, I fell asleep on the bed and woke up at the sound of the flat line.”

Taehyung bit his lip. “I’m sorry Jiminnie.”

“It’s okay, I’m okay with that now. It’s all thanks to you by the way.”

Taehyung smiled softly. Jimin sighed,“ I was taking a nap and… I saw something. It was exactly the same scene as when I walked into the last room he’d ever be in, but…”

Jimin raised his head to look into Taehyung’s eyes. “You were the one on the bed with all the machines keeping you alive.”

Needless to say, Taehyung was speechless. “If anything is ever wrong please tell me Taehyung-ah. I beg of you to just… tell me. Losing you…” Jimin’s eyes were tearing up.

Taehyung wiped a stray tear from Jimin’s cheek. “I’ll promise if you will too.” He held out his left pinky finger for Jimin to take, which he did. “I promise.” “I promise.”

Jimin laughed, wiping the rest of the liquid in his eyes away with the back of his sleeve. “Let’s not be depressing. This is a date remember?”

Taehyung blushed when Jimin said the word ‘date’. “It’s my turn to ask you a question.” Jimin stated.

“What is it?”

“The day we met, that day at the store, why did you speak to me?”

Taehyung laughed. “Well, umm… I was at the store early in the morning because I needed to get some milk quickly. In the same section of the supermarket as the milk I’d just picked up was a gorgeous boy. I felt the urge to speak to him and so I did. After saying a total of three sentences to him, I couldn’t bring myself to continue the conversation because his face paired with his voice was too much for me to handle, so I forced two more parting sentences out and then left.”

Jimin laughed. “That’s so cute! I’m not that good-looking though…”

“To me you were and still are.”

“Maybe, but you’re far more handsome to me.”

“We’ll call it a tie then?” Taehyung laughed.

Jimin shrugged. He packed away the empty dishes. “Did you plan the other times we met up?”

“Not actually. This place is my special spot and I didn’t know you lived in the area. At the company it was mostly a coincidence. I just saw you before you saw me so I decided to surprise you by showing up at lunch. You should have seen your face! It was priceless.”

Taehyung laughed while Jimin reached for the other package. He pulled out two ice-cream based desserts. They had remained frozen because they were in a cooler-bag in the shade. “You brought ice-cream as well!?”

“Yes I did.”

Taehyung smiled. “Okay that’s it. You are officially my boyfriend.”

Jimin was caught off-guard by the sudden statement. “T-That’s… Oh my gosh… Just…” Jimin stumbled on his words. “…wow.”


* * * * * * * * * *


“What do you mean you didn’t kiss?!” Yoongi shouted into the receiver.

“Shhhh hyung, you’ll wake him up.” Jimin whisper-shouted. “Some of us don’t move as fast as you and your freaking boyfriend!”

“Yah! Are you doing what I think you’re doing?!” It was the voice of Soekjin from the other room.

Yoongi was scary at times, but he was scared of Soekjin at more times. “I – I gotta go Jiminnie. Chat later.”

The call ended and Jimin chuckled quietly before lowering himself softly into the space on the bed next to his boyfriend.


***** ***** ***** ***** *****

A/N

The story is almost over!

Thank you to the editor and all the readers.

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon