Never mind

SMS - Save My Soul

“Errrr… Hello. My name is Jeon Jungkook.”

Yoongi looked the boy standing in front of him up and down. His company had forced him to work with this boy because his lyrics would be ‘perfect for his angelic voice’.

Yoongi had to admit, though he didn’t know yet how his voice sounded, the boy was attractive. He bowed slightly, “Min Yoongi”.

The boy smiled nervously and Yoongi felt compassion like he’d felt back when Jimin had first walked into his previous company. “It’ll be okay. You’ll do fine.”

Jungkook nodded a little too eagerly, “Can I call you hyung?”

Yoongi was surprised by the suddenness of the question. “Umm, sure.”

“Okay then hyung, can we start?” Jungkook shifted awkwardly on his feet.

“Okay, can you sing something for me?”

“Now?”

“Yep.”

Jungkook exhaled, blowing up his cheeks. Yoongi thought he looked really cute.

“ Mianhae mianhae hajima
Naega chorahaejijanha
Ppalgan yeppeun ipsullo
Eoseo nareul jugigo ga
Naneun gwaenchanha

Majimageuro nareul barabwajwo
Amureochi anheun deut useojwo
Nega bogo sipeul ttae
Gieokhal su itge
Naui meorissoge ne eolgul geuril su itge

Neol bonael su eomneun naui yoksimi
Jipchagi doeeo neol gadwotgo
Hoksi ireon na ttaeme himdeureonni
Amu daedap eomneun neo
Babocheoreom wae
Neoreul jiuji motae
Neon tteonabeoryeonneunde

Neoui nun ko ip
Nal manjideon ne songil
Jageun sontopkkaji da
Yeojeonhi neol neukkil su itjiman

Kkeojin bulkkoccheoreom
Tadeureogabeorin
Uri sarang modu da
Neomu apeujiman ijen neol chueogira bureulge~ ”


Yoongi hadn’t even realised that his mouth had fallen open until after the boy had finished singing. He hurriedly closed it before Jungkook got the opportunity to notice.

Jungkook looked at him for the first time since he’d started singing. His eyes had closed when he sang – he was giving it his all.

“How was I hyung?”

“F-Fine. Great!”

“Will you be able to work with me?”

“Yeah!” Yoongi smiled at Jungkook, pulling himself together. “It will be great.”


- - - - -


After they had finished working for the day Yoongi felt something in his stomach. “Are you hungry?” he asked Jungkook.

The younger looked up as if Yoongi had derailed a train of thought carrying a heavy load.

“Hmm?”

“Are you hungry?”

“Well… Yeah.”

“Get your jacket, let’s go.”

Jungkook smiled like a kid that had been promised ice-cream with chocolate sauce drizzled to delicious perfection and Yoongi smiled widely inside.


- - - - -


They sat together in the studio which was abandoned because everyone had gone to lunch. Together they ate their takeout they had just gotten from around the block.

They chatted about their lives and got to know each other. They felt unusually comfortable with each other for reasons unknown to themselves. Soon they were laughing and chatting away like old friends.

The way the light caught Jungkook’s face made Yoongi’s heart skip a beat. The creases that formed on his youthful face when he laughed made him happy.
Jungkook liked the older. He looked at him differently from all the other people in the company and he treated him like an equal despite the . Maybe, just maybe, he also liked the older because of his attractive facial features and gummy smile.

When they parted ways to go home, each smiled to themselves with thoughts of the other in mind.


* * * * * * * * * *


Jimin sat in front of his television. Thought he was watching the screen, he wasn’t truly watching it. He sighed as he thought of what other people his age were probably doing at the time of day. He could be doing so much more with his life, in social and work terms.
There was no need for him to have been all alone in his small apartment the entire day with nothing to do because his company didn’t need him until days later.
He sighed heavily and switched off the man and woman having a loving conversation on the screen – it was just depressing.

“Jimin-ah!” There was rapid knocking.

He opened the door and was taken aback at the sight of a usually calm hyung practically jumping up and down. He frowned.

“What’s up with you?”

“There’s a new person that came to my company!”

“And?”

“He’s…” Yoongi stopped like a car out of gas and stared into the distance, frowning. Then he raised his eyes to meet Jimins, smiling. “Indescribable.”

“In a good or bad way?” Jimin teased.

“An amazing way.”

“Ahh!” Jimin laughed.

Jimin invited his friend in and they sat together to a few snacks and a discussion about the newbie. Yoongi’s description was such that Jimin found himself liking the boy already. “Wait hyung, is he younger or older than me?”

“Younger.”

“Oooooh I see hyung. Going for young, vulnerable people now are we?”

“Aniya!”

“You totally are!”

“Okay fine! But that’s not why I like him!”

“You just admitted to liking him.”

Yoongi’s cheeks flushed and he silently cursed his pale skin. Jimin laughed. “It’s okay hyung. It’s not like I’m going to tell him. You should though.” Jimin’s voice had a matter-of-fact tone to it.

“What!?”

“From your description of his body language during the time you were together, I have concluded that you should confess.”

“Sheesh Jiminnie! Give me some time! The boy just got to the company! I don’t want to look like a creep!”

“You are a creep.”

“Am not!”

“Mmkay.”

The afternoon turned into night with a similar vibe until Yoongi had to leave for his house. He stood at Jimin’s doorstep when he voiced his parting words for the day. ”Jiminnie?”

“Mmhhmm?”

“Remember what I told you. No matter what’s bothering you, you can tell me, even if you feel harassed by crickets’ noise in the night - hyung will sort them out.”

Jimin laughed in a pitch just a tone too high, there was no way he would tell Yoongi – he had enough problems as it was. Jimin could see it in his eyes. “Yeah hyung, I know. Thanks.”

"Even if it's a road of thorns, keep running. Okay?"

"Okay."

“Bye Jiminnie.”

“Bye hyung.”

When Yoongi was gone Jimin slid down the door. His chest felt sore. “I need help to run.” He whispered to himself. There wasn’t anyone to listen anyway.




* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A/N

Hellooo!

I would like to thank my readers for their support.

I will work hard to make this story enjoyable for you!

As always, comments are encouraged <3

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon