Just One Day

SMS - Save My Soul

He opened the fridge that morning to be faced with the predicament of a milk carton with contents just short of a sip. Jimin upturned the carton over his empty bowl and sighed heavily at the disappointing drops that made their way onto the ceramic.

“Fantastic.” He said to himself.

He grabbed his keys and left the house to walk to the shop that was not close enough for his tired self, but not far enough to need fuel expenditure.

Jimin grabbed the six-pack of milk cartons with a better attitude than the one he had entered the store with. “Ran out of milk this morning?”

He turned to the deep-voiced stranger that had popped up suddenly. “Yeah.”

The stranger had distinctive handsome features and wore an expression of slight amusement. “Me too.”

Jimin laughed. “I was so irritated when there was like, nothing left in the carton. I could’ve sworn I had milk.”

The stranger nodded, “It’s like someone stole my milk. I don’t even remember using it.”

Jimin liked the sound of this stranger’s voice and somehow he felt comfortable with talking to him. He was about to ask him where he’s from when the boy spoke up again.

“Well then, I better get going.”

“Yeah me too. Nice speaking to you.”

“Same here.” The handsome stranger gave a side smile and small wave and with that, he was gone.

Jimin felt much better than he did when he had walked into the store. He wondered who the boy was... he hadn’t even given him his name. Jimin felt disappointed that he didn’t know the name of the person who had just made his day. He hoped he’d see him again so that he could ask.

He realised that he’d been standing in the same place for quite some time when he came back to his full senses and he immediately got a move on. He needed to clean his apartment after he finished his breakfast. His living space had taken a bit of a beating the previous night.

Yoongi had called briefly and they had spoken to each other for some time. After the call Jimin had done his usual lonely routine when he suddenly got consumed by his own thoughts and trashed a few things in an attempt to release his frustrated emotions.

While walking back to his apartment Jimin sighed aloud. He really needed to stop doing destructive things to himself and to his environment. He’s so stupid. He knew that he had to stop. He just didn’t know how.


* * * * * * * * * *


“Hey, Jungkook-ah?” Yoongi called to the boy’s back as he walked towards the door.

“Yeah?”

“Do you want to come over to my house sometime?”

Jungkook looked surprised, but he recovered with shocking speed. “Can I come over now hyung?”

Yoongi was now the surprised one. He, unfortunately, did not recover that quickly. “Really?”

“If it’s too much to ask it’s okay hyung. I’m sure you’re busy.”

“No! No! That’s not what I meant.” Yoongi placed his face in both his hands and sighed. “Of course you’re welcome to come over now.”

Jungkook’s face broke out into a wide smile. “So… would you let me catch a ride with you?”

“Of course you pabo! How else are you supposed to get there?!”

“You give me the address and I make a plan?”

“I know I’m a bit difficult to work with sometimes Jungkook-ah, but I’m not that bad.”

Jungkook laughed, “I think you’re amazing hyung.”

An awkward silence fell upon the room. Neither knew what to say and the seconds were ticking by like minutes. Jungkook coughed.

Yoongi spoke first, “Well… umm… let’s get going then?”

“Yeah.” Jungkook gave him a grateful smile and they walked out of the building together in mutual understanding.


* * * * * * * * * *


Jimin plopped onto his couch with a big bowl of popcorn. All this snacking would make him uglier, but he couldn’t care less. Besides – he was already ugly so what did it matter?

He switched on the television and it was tuned to the movie channel he frequented. There was an interesting-looking movie playing. He sat back and got ready to watch it. It was still only at the beginning from what he could see and that was fine by him.

He had finished the popcorn about an hour into the movie and he decided that it would be best if he didn’t fetch anything else to eat. He paid full attention to the happenings on the screen. The main character was fighting with his girlfriend. He broke up with her and Jimin silently cheered him on. He didn’t like the girl, she was irritating.

Jimin didn’t even know when the movie took a turn, but the next thing he knew, he was watching the main character and his best friend kiss. They were two young boys with passion in their eyes and it hurt Jimin’s heart.

He stared a bit more intensely at the screen than a viewer normally would. There was a storm in the depths of Jimin’s consciousness. He was going to keep watching. It was too weak of him to turn away from everyday things, for him to be affected in such a way.

Jimin watched the film to the end. He was unashamed to know that he had cried at the cliché ending to the love story. What did make him feel ashamed was how much effort it had taken him to sit through it. He only realised just how hard that had been when he tasted something metallic and felt a sting. He frowned and walked quickly to his bathroom to take a look in the mirror.

He had bitten his lip until it bled and he hadn’t even noticed the pain because it was something he’s used to. Jimin tilted his head to the left and then to the right, examining the imperfections.
He definitely needs help. He’s just waiting for the one day when someone will come into his life and be able to help him lift the weight of his problems. He knows he can’t do it alone anymore. If he does he’ll end up cracking.




***** ***** ***** ***** *****

A/N

Hello readers!

I hope you’re enjoying the story so far.

Thank you for your support!

As always, comments are loved. <3

XXX
Waiting-4-Canon