Hold Me Tight Pt.1

SMS - Save My Soul

Hosoek was dumbfounded. He hadn’t expected this girl to take his breath away like she did, and it wasn’t due to their vigorous dancing. After spending his time before falling asleep thinking, he realised that he was falling for his dance partner. It was all so confusing, but he recognised the feeling her smile awakened within him.

When they’d spoken openly about anything and everything during their breaks and Hyejin had mentioned that she was single, referring to her ex as a “bastard”, Hosoek had felt his heart leap. Maybe, just maybe, they could be the cure to each other’s broken hearts. The only problem was that Hosoek was scared, just like he had been with Taehyung. Though he was scared, he wasn’t terrified enough to react with lightning speed when she was in danger.

Hosoek had stayed after their duet practice to watch her dance, her fluid-like movement captivating him. She didn’t see the water spilled on the floor and slipped. Hosoek shocked even himself with how quickly he managed to get to her.

She opened her tightly shut eyes, breathing heavily. Her eyes met with Hosoek’s and he smiled, moving aside a few strands of her hair that stuck to her slightly damp forehead. She smiled back, gratefulness in her gaze. “My saviour.” She said before wrapping her arms around Hosoek’s neck. Had it been anyone else they would have pulled away from her sweaty body, but they were dance partners, and Hosoek was in love.

It was as if in that moment, with her sticky body against his, Hosoek accepted that he loved her. They had grown so close in such a short time, but he didn’t care about that because with her time didn’t matter. He tightened his grip around her waist. “Be careful. You can’t get injured before the show.” She nodded against his chest. For a reason they both knew - but didn’t voice - neither let go for a longer time than what’s conventional for a hug.


- - - - -


“Come on!”

Jimin just let himself be pulled along as Taehyung dragged him to an ice-cream shop he’d never been to before. Jimin usually wasn’t in the mood for ice-cream, but the delighted look on Taehyung’s face was enough to convince him to get some of the ‘stuff you can’t live without’.

When they each had their own cone Taehyung once again lead the way. This time he took them to a park. There were some flowers in bloom and a playful atmosphere about the place. Together they sat on a bench under a tree which provided patches of shade. Jimin found himself enjoying the taste of the ice-cream his friend had picked out for them. He looked to his right to see if Taehyung was having the same experience and his heart leaped in his ribcage when he saw how precise Taehyung was with his at the ice-cream and if that wasn’t enough, there was an expression of joy on his face.

Taehyung, feeling the other’s gaze on him, turned his head to the side quite quickly. He tilted his head, looking quite cute. The small bit of ice-cream on his nose made him all the more adorable. Jimin’s expression changed to a smile and he lifted his left hand, wiping the ice-cream off Taehyung’s nose. Jimin was rewarded with a rectangular grin that made him feel light inside. Maybe it was a good idea to stay with Taehyung after all.


- - - - -


When Hosoek called Taehyung that night, he asked to speak to Jimin after telling Taehyung that he was okay. Jimin was bewildered.

“Hello?”

“Hi Jimin-ah!”

“You sound...”

“Overjoyed! Something happened.”

“What?” Jimin frowned.

Hosoek giggled, furthering Jimin’s confusion. “I met someone.”

“Oh my gosh hyung! Who? Wait… what about…” Jimin trailed off and looked up at Taehyung, who had flopped out on the couch.

“I know Jimin-ah… It took a lot of thinking and stuff. He will always be a special person in my life, but I don’t… love him like that anymore.”

Jimin didn’t know what to feel about the information he’d just received. “So… umm… where’d you meet the lucky person?”

“I’m the lucky one here. She’s actually my dance partner. We have a duet together.”

Jimin was surprised, but not unpleasantly. “So hyung, you’re…”

“Biual? Yes.”

“Does she know?”

“Yes. She knows basically everything.”

“That’s cute! Did you tell Soekjin?”

“Of course.”

“And Tae?”

“When you hand the phone back to him I will.”

“I don’t only mean about her…”

“Oh... I want to tell him about that in person. And Jimin-ah… I think you should be with Taehyung.”

Jimin paused. “Okay, I’ll give him the phone now. Good luck with the dancing hyung!”

“Thanks.”

Jimin gave the phone back to Taehyung and watched the reaction take place. It was amazing how much they cared for each other. “Are you going to confess? WHAT! That’s amazing!” Taehyung was smiling widely.

Jimin smiled at Taehyung’s excitement. His mind wandered as he waited for Taehyung to finish the call. He was a bit worried about staying with Taehyung. What if something happened while he was there? So far it had been smooth sailing and he loved it. He wondered if Taehyung could sense his feelings for him. What if he didn’t actually feel the same and Hosoek was mistaken? Would Jimin be able to move on like Hosoek? Would it be a good idea for Jimin to be in Taehyung’s life like that in the first place? Would Taehyung be able to deal with him? Is he even good enough for him? Jimin sighed heavily.

“Oh my gosh Jiminnie! Did you hear what Hosoek… are you okay?”

Jimin smiled softly. The question he’d asked himself so many times. Was he really okay? The answer was no. Jimin isn’t okay. He needs help. “Yeah I’m good.”

Taehyung frowned and sat on the table in front of Jimin, looking up at him with big eyes. “Jiminnie…” he spoke softly.

“Yeah?”

Taehyung grabbed Jimin’s wrists and pulled him towards himself, he was still seated on the table though his expression was softer now. Jimin didn’t know what the other was doing, but he had a feeling that something was going to change and he wasn’t sure if he was prepared for it. It took Taehyung a while to speak, but when he did he had a lot to say - just in very few words.

“I know.”

Jimin frowned. “What?”

“I know about your ex-boyfriend. I know how much you’ve suffered. And…” Taehyung pulled up Jimin’s jacket’s sleeve up to expose the skin on the inside of his arm. There were ghost like lines, barely noticeable, on the soft skin. “I know what you do when it gets too much.”

Jimin’s heart stopped and his stomach dropped. He froze on the spot, unable to bring himself to move or speak. Taehyung stood up and used his grip on Jimin’s wrist to pull Jimin close to him.

Jimin barely felt the arms of the other wrapping around his shoulders until Taehyung leaned his warm chin on his shoulder. “It’s okay Jiminnie.” He whispered.





***** ***** ***** ***** *****

A/N

Hey there!!

I would like to say thanks to my editor and thanks to you : )

FIRE IS AMAZING! I’m a bit worried about BTS tho… that choreo looks killer!

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon