Love is Not Over

SMS - Save My Soul

“I need your help big time hyung.” Jimin bit his lip after the request was out in the open, resting his head on the couch.

“What is it Jiminnie?” Yoongi smiled lightly, assuring the other that it was okay to ask for things - they were friends after all.

“I kind of umm… like Taehyung, as more than -”

“Well I knew that already and your point is?”

Jimin’s mouth hung open.

Yoongi gave his friend a look. “Oh come on Jimin, even Jungkook could see the sparks flying.”

“Spa-sparks?” Jimin was confused.

“Let’s just say that you guys have chemistry. What do you need from me?”

“Well, I want to confess and -”

“Good choice.”

“Would you let me finish?”

“Sorry, continue.”

Jimin let out a sigh before he spoke again. “I want it to be special and I want it to be unexpected. I want to confess to him at the company and I need someone to make everything look normal, distract him and then make everyone disappear except for him and me.”

“Why me?”

“Because you’re a big deal at the company and they’ll listen to you.”

Yoongi sighed and ran his hand through his hair. It was a big task, but his friend was moving forward with his life and it was – admittedly –a good idea, like hell he was going to stop such things from happening. “Fine.”

Jimin practically squealed and threw his arms around Yoongi. “I love you hyung.”

“Yeah, yeah…” Yoongi sounded irritated, but Jimin could feel his wide smile.


* * * * * * * * * *


Taehyung had been waiting for about a week now, following Soekjin’s advice even though he didn’t understand it fully. It’s a good thing that he’s generally a patient person. Hosoek had driven him to just outside his work building on his way to Hyejin’s apartment after informing him that he would be there for a day or two. Taehyung wondered why his roommate didn’t just move into her apartment. This thought caused his to remember their conversation the other day.

“-“Taehyungie, I have a confession to make.”

“What is it?”

“I… I liked you, for a long time actually. I was even going to confess.”

“…Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Maybe it’s because I’m a coward or maybe because the Universe was keeping me from doing it.”

“So you could end up with Hyejin-sshi?”

“No, so that we could each end up with people we really love.”-”


So much for being observant… maybe he was just observant when it came to certain things. About Hosoek and their shared house… if Hosoek moved out that would mean he would live alone… Images of himself and Jimin living together in the house long-term like they did for that short week flashed in his mind. No. He was being forward. It would be nice though, with -

Taehyung’s thoughts were interrupted when he realised that he had reached the front door of the company. He opened the door and was greeted by the usual scene of work in the morning. He searched as he usually did for a certain person, but didn’t see him today. He was probably busy.

“Taehyung-ah!”

The said boy looked up at the call of his name. “Morning Yoongi-hyung.”

Yoongi smiled his greeting. “Could you come to my recording studio for a bit? I need your opinion on something.”

“Umm, sure.” Taehyung searched the people in the room with a sweep of his eyes. “By the way, have you seen Jiminnie?”

“I think he’s having a meeting with the manager.”

“Oh… okay.”


* * * * * * * * * *


Taehyung walked through the corridor as usual, but something didn’t feel right. He turned around to ask Yoongi about it. The person he’d assumed had been following him was nowhere in sight.

“Yoongi-hyung?”

Silence.

“Yoongi!”

After searching almost the entire first floor Taehyung concluded that the situation was like a scene out of a movie. Where was everybody?

He walked into the room furthest from Yoongi’s recording studio, the last room on the first floor. The dining room was completely empty. Taehyung sighed and decided to just go sit on one of the benches near the producer’s rooms.

He usually sat here when he had a spare moment because he liked the view of the plants. It was the same place he’d been sitting when he’d found out Jimin was at the same company. He smiled at the thought. A light gust of wind seemed to sweep its way through the leaves, making them rustle.

Taehyung leaned back, closing his eyes to enjoy the calming atmosphere. He tried not to think or worry about the fact that he was in a weird movie-like scene.

“Taehyung-ah.”

Oh great. Now he was hearing voices too. Not just any voice, Jimin’s voice. He had to give his imagination credit, it was pretty convincing.

“Tae Tae.”

Taehyung frowned and sat up with his eyes flying open. In front of him stood his friend Jimin and he was wearing an amused expression. He was about to ask him what the hell was going on when he realised that Jimin was acting strange. Was that a blush creeping up on his face?

Jimin took a deep breath and tried to calm himself. He ran a hand through his hair and, as usual, didn’t bother to fix it afterwards.

Taehyung watched as Jimin’s fingers ran through the fine strands of his gorgeous hair. He’d once told Jimin to stop doing that so much and it was because it affected him so much. Jimin, of course, had made no effort to stop the habit, which Taehyung didn’t want to comment on again so as not to seem suspicious.

“Tae, I have something to tell you.”

“…Yeeaaah?” He dragged out the word to express his anticipation.

Jimin sighed and finally made proper eye-contact with Taehyung. He stepped forward to place himself right in front of Taehyung.

“Tae Tae, I love you.” Jimin said it with a strong voice, no trace of the hesitance he’d previously felt, while looking Taehyung in the eye to make sure that he would get the message.

Taehyung thought he’d had a heart attack right there.  At first he just sat there with his eyes wide and let the silence surround them while Jimin was having a heart attack of his own, but for different reasons, and then his mind processed what had just happened.

He leaped up, startling Jimin, and whispered “I love you too” with equal certainty. His face broke out into a smile that Jimin would describe as almost symmetrical in its rectangularity and beautiful beyond words. He then grabbed Jimin around his shoulders and hugged him as tightly as he could manage.

Jimin took a few seconds to react, but when he did it was with a bright smile of his own and arms wrapped just and tightly, if not more, around Taehyung’s waist.

Taehyung would have liked to stay like that for longer than they did, but he had to break the moment. “Chim chim I’m sorry, but I can’t breathe.”

Jimin released him immediately. His face was flushed as he spoke. “I couldn’t either.”

Taehyung knew that Jimin meant that for more than their hug and he giggled in his deep-voiced child-like way.


***** ***** ***** ***** *****

A/N

This is a double update,
just because I feel like it!

I hope the long-awaited moment was worth it.

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon