In the Mood for Love

SMS - Save My Soul

“That was a good movie.”

Jimin smiled. He’d chosen a typical chick-flick with a twist. It was the same movie he’d once watched alone in his apartment. The movie that had once resulted in him feeling pain now resulted in him and his boyfriend having a large sappy smile plastered on their faces.

Taehyung got up and opened the curtains. Light flooded the apartment and the room gained a light, happy mood. He sat next to Jimin, facing him with his legs crossed. Jimin took a sip from his cool drink and Taehyung reached for his own drink to do the same, the ice block in it clinking against the glass in the process.

They sat in silence for a while and when their drinks were finished the glasses were taken to the kitchen by Jimin. “Tae, do you want any snacks?!” “No, I’m good.”

When Jimin plopped onto the couch again Taehyung already had the remote in his hands. “I think we should watch another movie. We have time.”

“Yeah we do.”

“What do you want to watch?”

“I don’t know… you should choose. You have the remote anyway.”

From his place right beside him Jimin watched Taehyung as he went through movies. He studied the angles that made up his unique facial structure, the bridge of his nose and the sharp jawline that started from beneath his ear. His heart beat faster while he took in the undeniable beauty of his boyfriend.

Taehyung suddenly turned to him, some of the silky hair across his forehead shifting at the quick movement. He smiled wide. “I can feel you staring Jimin.”

“I can’t help it Taehyung.”

The younger set the remote down, having already chosen a movie. All he needed to do to start it was press play, but he had the feeling that he wouldn’t touch the button for some time.

When he turned back to Jimin he was taken by surprise. The smile on his boyfriend’s face was light, but the look in his eyes was not. He frowned slightly and parted his lips to ask what Jimin what was going on with him when he realised exactly what it was. Jimin’s eyes had lost contact with his own and connected with his lips instead. He knew this day would come, and he wasn’t exactly sure if he was ready. He could feel his heart hammering away in his chest.

Jimin started leaning towards him and Taehyung found himself unable to pull away. The look on Jimin’s face and the sight of it nearing, put him in an almost hypnotic state. He found himself wondering what it would be like and even anticipating it.

He made no move to close the small gap that kept them apart, but he didn’t move away. Jimin’s dark-chocolate-coloured eyes were right there in front of him, asking him if it was okay. He couldn’t help but drop his gaze to Jimin’s lips and his heart seemingly stuttered in its attempt to sound a beat. The frown that was previously on his face was completely gone by now, though his lips were still parted as if his unasked question would somehow make itself relevant again.

He tore his gaze away from Jimin’s gorgeous lips and settled his eyes back in the path of his boyfriend’s almost suffocating, yet more than bearable, gaze.  Jimin was quick to find the response in his eyes and closed the gap between them, seemingly without much thought.

Taehyung gasped softly and almost inaudibly just before Jimin’s top lip closed the gap between his lips. He hadn’t even realised when he’d closed his eyes, but here he was now, with eyes lightly shut and lips moving hesitantly along with Jimin’s. The other’s lips were still cold from the ice of the cool drink they both just had and the feeling was surprisingly pleasant, sending light shivers down Taehyung’s spine.

When Jimin eventually pulled away Taehyung took his time with opening his eyes; Jimin’s smiling and slightly nervous-looking face greeted him when he eventually did.

“That was my first kiss.” Taehyung said when he managed to find his voice.

Kissing was something he’d always read about in books, seen in movies or heard people talk about. Now that he’d just experienced it he could form his own opinion about it. It wasn’t like people made it out to be, with fireworks and sparks. It was simple, just lips against lips and darkness for the eyes, but there was one thing for certain – it felt amazing and it felt… right.

Jimin was stunned. He felt the need to apologise, especially with the dazed expression Taehyung was now wearing, and he was about to do just that when Taehyung spoke up again.

“I’m so glad it was you.”

Jimin’s almost melted on the spot. He grinned before leaning in to kiss Taehyung again because first of all, the other was practically begging him to with his eyes and second of all, he really wanted to.

Even though Jimin had been in a relationship before, and a serious one at that, with Taehyung everything felt new and different. In a way it was, but the love he felt was the same. Who says you can’t have more than one shot at love?

This time Taehyung was more comfortable and Jimin was able to go further, parting the other’s lips with his tongue. The little remaining coldness from the cool drink mixed with the natural heat of Taehyung’s lips was more evident when Jimin felt it with his tongue. When their tongues met there was a beautiful taste of soda for each of them - the different flavours they previously had becoming one.

It was Taehyung who tilted his head to deepen the kiss and Jimin welcomed it, moving one hand to the side of Taehyung’s waist while the other one made its way to gently his silky hair. He felt Taehyung’s thudding heart when the said boy moved closer to hug him and grab a handful of his hair while their tongues gently explored. The kiss was sweet and playful, and in both opinions just right.

They parted, breathing deeply to take in much needed oxygen. Neither of them spoke - the goofy smiles on their faces said it all for them.


* * * * * * * * * *


Hyejin, Hosoek, Namjoon and Soekjin chatted happily with each other after their night out. The evening had consisted of drinks which everyone had sipped sparingly, but Hosoek had gulped down. Nobody stopped him because they all believed that he deserved it after all the hard work he’d been doing lately.

“Taehyung is still so pretty.” Said a drunken Hosoek.

“Do you still love him, even a little bit?” Hyejin asked, counting on the alcohol to verify his answer as true.

“NOPE! Hyejin-sshi is my EVERYTHING! She’s SO AMAZING and she LOVES to dance. DANCE WITH ME PLEASE?! I’ll DEFINITELY buy you a dress for it. It will SPARKLE LIKE THE STARS.”

Hyejin smiled. “Is he always like this when he’s drunk?” she asked Soekjin.

Namjoon responded for him. “Yes, but be glad he isn’t as bad as…” here he gestured to Soekjin.

“Yah! At least my tolerance is higher.”

“I think mine’s the highest. I have to deal with you.”

“What the hell do you mean by that?!”

Hosoek giggled. “You’re good at advice and COOKING and being nice, BUT you too much some… sometimes and…” more giggles ensued. “HE LOVES YOU ANYWAY! YAAY!”

The other three laughed. Soekjin pecked Namjoon on the cheek. “Is what he’s saying true?”

“Yeah.”

Soekjin smiled. “Who knew I’d ever be grateful that Hosoek is drunk?”

“I am too actually.” Hyejin smiled.

“YAAAAAAAAY! YOU GUYS ARE SOOOOO COOOL!”

“Okay, you’re getting a little too loud now, let’s get going before it gets worse.”


* * * * * * * * * *


Jimin let out a large breath. “That was the last box.”

“Where’s Namjoon-hyung?” Taehyung looked around the room.

“He left already. Said something about work.”

“Did he help you?”

“Yeah. He was a big help actually.”

“Good. Do you want some coffee?”

“Yes please.”

While Taehyung made them drinks he gave Jimin a brief account of where he’d put all his possessions.

“Did Hosoek-hyung leave anything here?”

“Nope, all his things are out by now. He called to say he’s settling in well at Hyejin’s place.”

“Okay... Tae Tae?”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you for letting me move in here.”

“You’re welcome, but I was the one who suggested it in the first place.”

“I know, but… I didn’t know until I left that there were too many memories there. Even though there are good ones it’s just…”

Taehyung held out the coffee for Jimin to take. “I get it Jiminnie.”

Jimin gave him a grateful smile and accepted the cup. They sat at a table to have their drinks and Taehyung spoke further about the placement of everything in what was now their house. Jimin took the cups to the sink when they were done. He walked back to the table and took Taehyung’s hand.

“Show me where my stuff is?”

“Sure.”

The detailed explanations Taehyung had given him were more than enough to know where everything was, but Jimin just wanted to see him happily showing off his hard work. The tour ended in the bedroom where there were neatly packed shelves and drawers.

Jimin beamed and immediately hugged Taehyung to show him his appreciation. The younger just laughed and accepted the hug.

Jimin pulled back slightly and, before Taehyung could register what was happening, kissed his boyfriend full on. When Taehyung’s whirling mind eventually caught up with what was happening he returned Jimin’s enthusiasm.

Their kiss was warm and sweet. Tongues danced in unplanned harmony and lips fitted together, moving with certainty. The kiss tasted of coffee and it was like the drink in temperature and addictiveness. Jimin hummed in contentment and Taehyung felt the vibration, smiling against his lips in response. Their teeth clashed and they parted to laugh breathlessly.

Taehyung pecked Jimin on his cheek. “I love you Jimin. I’m glad I ran out of milk that day.”

“I love you too you cheesy bastard.”

“Yah! Don’t call me such things, I can kick you out now!”

“As if you would be able to...” Jimin gave Taehyung a front row seat to his horrific aegyo.

“If you do that more than once a year I just might.”

“What? I’m not cute?”

“I never said that. Just don’t try to be, you look like something fresh out of a horror movie.”

Jimin hit him on his shoulder playfully. “Whatever.”


* * * * * * * * * *

Yoongi checked the notification that popped up on his phone, opting to check out Jimin’s new status considering the fact that Jungkook was taking a shower.

_________________________________________________________________________________
“-“ He saved my soul, just like he promised. In return I promise to love him for as long as I live. ”-”

_________________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook came out of the shower with a towel around his waist. “What’s up hyung?”

Yoongi showed him Jimin’s status. “Oh man, holy !”

“I know.”

Jungkook flashed him a bunny-like smile. “I knew it. They were just meant to be.”

“Yeah?  How did you know?”

“Because I can recognise something I’m experiencing.”

Seeing someone really pale blushing is quite a sight…


* * * * * * * * * *


“Tae Tae?”

“Yeah Minnie?”

“Thank you for being there for me through it all.”

“And thank you for loving me; I didn’t know what that was like.”

“Well, I’ve got the rest of our lives together to show you just how amazing love can be…”


***** ***** ***** ***** *****

A/N

I hope you enjoyed the story!

Let me know what you thought in the comments.

Bonus:



I'd like to think of this ^ as the "special place" they have.

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon