.95.

SMS - Save My Soul

A/N

Hello!

If you’re wondering where the title came from, it’s from Jimin and V’s song ‘95 Graduation’.

I hope you enjoy the chapter. Let me know what you think by commenting.

Enjoy!

XXX
Waiting-4-Canon

() () () () () () () () () () () () () () () ()



Yoongi looked at his friend with the mechanisms in his mind hard at work. Jimin needed some kind of change. The way he walked and talked, no matter how hard he tried to hide it, was depressed-looking.

Yoongi shifted his position on the couch to face the said person fully. He knew exactly how to help him. He wanted to do something for his friend. After all, he hadn’t been there when he needed someone the most.

With guilt weighing down on his heart Yoongi spoke softly, “Jiminnie?”

“Yeah?”

Yoongi took a breath. “I want you to come to my company.”

“What?” The boy looked shocked beyond belief.

“You… You deserve a better company than that place that doesn’t even let you realise your potential. The one I’m at did mention you once, but they quickly decided against buying you off because they ‘don’t want to impose’. In fact… I umm… I told them not to bother you because you were fine where you were. You… didn’t seem like you wanted to move.”

“Really?” Jimin whispered with evident disbelief.

Yoongi answered truthfully. “Yeah. It’s time Jimin-ah.”

Jimin bit his bottom lip thoughtfully and after some time looked up at Yoongi with his jaw set. “Okay.”

Yoongi was caught off-guard. He hadn’t expected Jimin to agree so easily. He expected at least an excuse. ‘But hyung they need me!’ ‘Hyung they really do treat me well!’
Maybe his friend had grown tired of the he got.

Yoongi smiled widely at Jimin. “Great.”

Jimin looked like Yoongi felt, like some weight had lifted off his shoulders. It didn’t last long though. Yoongi saw the doubt cloud his eyes. “Hyung…”

“I know Jimin-ah.”

Jimin looked confused. “Hmmm?”

“You’ll be great and they will definitely accept you.”

Jimin blushed. “Am I that predictable?”

“Just because it’s me predicting.” Yoongi smiled.

“Sooo… What’s your company like? It’s called GiantHits right? Oh God!”

“What?”

“I’ll have to resign!”

Yoongi laughed, “I’ll help you write the letter.”

“What if I don’t get in? Isn’t it jumping the gun to write the letter already?”

“I’ll also help you get in. Not like you won’t on your own steam anyway kid.”

“Yah! Who’re you calling ‘kid’!”

“Someone who is much younger than me.”

“Ohh I see. Like your boyfriend for example?”

Yoongi’s face set on fire. “That’s… no you see… there’s… I wanted to…”

Jimin laughed, “You honestly thought I wouldn’t work it out?”

“We’re not dating!” Yoongi sighed, “Yet…”

“Ohhhh.” Jimin laughed at his hyung’s face. “Why not?”

“We… something happened. Umm… we know the feelings I guess, but… talking. Errr.”

“You still have to talk about how you guys kissed out of the blue and where to go from there?”

“What the hell Jimin-ah!”

“I’m right though.”

“Whatever.”

“Just… Get it together hyung. Ask him to be your boyfriend. It’s as simple as that.”

“But… It’s…”

“Scary as . I know, but so is just resigning out of the blue because your lunatic friend told you to.”

“Yah! This ‘lunatic friend’ is you ticket into GiantHits!”

“Just make your move!”

“Fine!”

“Okay, cool. Help me write my letter first though, you’re better with words.”

“You jerk.”

Jimin pouted.

“Fine! Get paper and a pen. Say everything you want to write out loud before you write it.”

“Thanks hyung!”

Yoongi sighed. He smiled as Jimin rushed around getting the necessary equipment for getting his work life together. He thought of Jungkook, who was probably still recording. He would have to invite him over if he wanted to follow Jimin’s advice. Then again, so far Jungkook had never declined an invitation…


* * * * * * * * * *


Jungkook was walking through the company like he walked not on the ground, but on pure sunshine. He had an aura of joy about him that could not easily be missed.

Taehyung crossed the boy’s path and looked at him with interest on his face. “What’s up Jungkook-ah?”

Jungkook frowned. “Nothing.”

“You look like you’ve won the Lotto. Don’t be scared to share.” Taehyung joked.

Jungkook smirked. “I won’t be doing that.”

Taehyung frowned deeply. He then pieced things together in his mind and when realisation hit him he smiled. “Congratulations then.”

Jungkook tilted his head slightly, as if trying to figure something out. “For?”

“Winning the Lotto, I think I know the Lotto you speak of and I think you’ve hit your jackpot there.” Taehyung patted the younger’s shoulder and winked.

Jungkook blushed slightly. It was barely noticeable, but Taehyung was good at noticing things.

“See you around.”

With that he walked off.


- - - - -


Yoongi was reminded pretty well of just how nervous Jimin could get when they stood outside the building. Jimin had been staring at the GiantHits company sign for some time now.

“It’ll be okay Jimin-ah.”

Jimin swallowed. “Sure.”

He looked Yoongi in the eye and Yoongi gave him an encouraging smile. That was all it took for Jimin’s jaw to set in determination. “I can’t back out now.”

“That’s the spirit.” Yoongi held the younger’s shoulder lightly as they made their way inside.


- - - - -


Taehyung let out a small frustrated breath when he lost the game he was playing on his phone for the umpteenth time. He was not needed for some time so he decided to chill on the benches that were in the passage which was near to the producer’s rooms. There was a nice view of some plants through the glass in front of the benches.

He slid the phone into his pocket, deciding that it wouldn’t be a good idea for him to keep up his losing streak while he was at work. He tilted his head back and closed his eyes.

“You’ve got the talent. How many times do I have to tell you that?”

It was Yoongi’s voice. Taehyung kept his eye’s closed. Yoongi was obviously with somebody and he wouldn’t disturb him now. He still had to bother him about Jungkook, but that could wait.

“Sorry hyung…”

That voice…

“I just… if I don’t get in I won’t have a job.”

Taehyung opened his eyes and sat up properly. He saw two figures on the sidewalk of the garden. One was recognisable as Yoongi. The other was… no way.

Taehyung smiled to himself. It was the boy he had noticed in the shop. The same boy he’d spoken to at his special place and the one he just noticed without being seen first yet again.

From the fragment of the conversation he’d overheard he assumed that the boy would be working at the company now. That was brilliant. He also seemed to know Yoongi – that’s a plus.

Taehyung went back to his previous seating arrangement and worked out that he would reveal himself to the boy at lunch and take great pleasure in the surprised look that he would give him. Taehyung usually ate alone at a quiet place near the company, but not today. He side smiled at the prospect of surprising the gorgeous boy whose name he still didn’t know.


- - - - -


Jimin was quite impressed with his hyung’s boyfriend. He seemed very talented and he was quite good looking. He shot Yoongi a look that they both understood – ‘damn hyung, you did good.’

Yoongi bit his lip as he smiled, “Let’s go sit down with our lunch okay?”

“Yeah we should.” Jungkook said.

They walked to a table that Jungkook and Yoongi frequented. It had space for many more people and they were happy to share it with Jimin. He felt that Jungkook was definitely friendship material and he would be nice to him in future.

The conversation was going strong when Jimin felt someone’s presence next to him. He turned quickly and almost choked on air when he looked the person up and down, his eyes widening.

“Hey there!” said Yoongi.

“Hi.” said Jungkook.

Jimin turned to face his friends with a confused frown. “You guys know him?!”

“Yeah…” said Jungkook.

“What?” said Yoongi.

Jimin turned back to his acquaintance with a facial expression that could only be described as shock. “You…”

The stranger looked amused. “You.”

“Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.” Yoongi said. “You know each other?”

The person whose name Jimin didn’t know smiled at Yoongi. “Let me just clear all the confusion.”

“Wait up!” Jungkook interjected.

Everyone turned to look at him. “Have a seat.”

“Ah…” the stranger said as he took the seat next to Jimin, across from Yoongi and Jungkook.

“You said you would explain?” Jimin reminded him.

“Yes. Well… I came to work at this company recently. I’m a singer. I met Yoongi-hyung and Jungkook-ah here. We were just in the process of becoming better acquainted.” He directed all this at Jimin.

Then he turned to Yoongi and Jungkook. “I met him…” He waved his hand in Jimin’s direction. “…at a shop. We both went there early in the morning because, coincidentally, we both ran out of milk. We saw each other again later on at…” He paused.
Here he looked at Jimin and they had a silent conversation that lasted five seconds. “…well, when I went out to get some air he happened to be doing the same. We talked the whole day.”

The boy smiled triumphantly. “All clear?”

“No.” Jimin spoke.

The boy frowned and looked at Jimin. “Huh?”

“What’s your name?”

“I thought you knew each other!” Jungkook burst out.

“Yeah.” Jimin said. “But we forgot to exchange names.”

“Oh wow.” Yoongi said.

As if that was some sort of cue Yoongi and Jungkook started laughing. The boy at Jimin’s side sighed. “It just happened okay?” he directed to the two who were far from paying attention.

He made eye contact with Jimin. “Kim Taehyung.”

Jimin smiled at Taehyung - the name was perfect. “Park Jimin.”

They sat smiling at each other for some time before Yoongi cleared his throat. Jungkook coughed. “Let’s eat.”

Between eating the group worked out how they were all acquainted. This caused knowing looks, smiles, laughs and a blushing Jungkook and Yoongi.

When they made their way back to all the things they each had to do Jimin and Taehyung walked close together. “One more thing.” Jimin said.

“Yeah?”

“How old are you?”

“Twenty-one. I’m turning twenty-two this year.”

“Same!”

“So… we’re both born in 1995?”

“Yeah…” Jimin said with a delighted smile.

“What month… actually, when’s your birthday?”

“13th October.”

There was a pause. Jimin looked at Taehyung suspiciously.

“30th December.”

Jimin smiled. “It’s okay Taehyung-ah. We’re the same age. You don’t have to call me hyung just because of a few months.”

Taehyung’s smile was rectangular. “Okay Jimin-ah.”

Jimin sighed happily. “The 95s.”

“Yep.” said Taehyung. “We’re gonna be the best of friends.”

Jimin felt unusually happy. He had made a new friend. He was the same age too! Not to mention interesting and fun... For the first time in forever he looked forward to days to come.



***** ***** ***** ***** *****