Converse

SMS - Save My Soul

Yoongi watched it all unfold. In another person’s point of view, what was currently happening would be a whirlwind, but he was keeping up with it all. Jin had walked back into the room with two people beside him, one that he knew and one that Yoongi would get to know.

There was a racket - introductions and questions as to how certain people had ended up at the house. Yoongi had spoken and listened through all the noise. What could be concluded was that Namjoon was a decent guy, Jimin met him at work and Hosoek had gotten persuaded by a picture of the meal that was sent by Taehyung, to join them.

Yoongi had exchanged a knowing look with Jin when Jimin, who Jin had just met, and Taehyung smiled widely at each other and embraced warmly after they’d worked out why they were both there. The hug could easily be mistaken as purely friendly, but the oldest two in the room were smart.

Yoongi’s phone vibrated and he took it out, opening the message that popped up. It was from Jungkook.

“Yoongi-hyung, what’s taking you so long? I thought you were going to be back by now. I’m hungry. O.O”

Yoongi smirked. “Long story short Soekjin is a long lost friend of mine. Taehyung, Jimin, Hosoek and I are all here with Soekjin and his boyfriend, Namjoon. Soekjin made us all dinner :)”

“Why are so many people eating happily with my boyfriend when I’m not there?”


Yoongi smiled at his boyfriend’s antics and sent him the address to the house. He would definitely get there in time to eat with them, at the rate they were going.


- - - - -


Jungkook stepped into the house when the attractive boy who’d opened the door invited him in. The boy had a smile that reminded him of one a mother would give their child. As soon as he got in, he knew that there had to be reasons for the amount of people in the room, especially if not all of them knew each other.

“Hello everyone, I’m Jeon Jungkook.” He said simply with a bow.

“He’s my boyfriend.” Yoongi stated shamelessly. Jungkook blushed slightly, his hands clasped together.

Taehyung spoke next. His arm was around Jimin’s shoulder, which Jungkook didn’t fail to notice. “Soekjin-hyung and Namjoon-hyung are the owners of the house. They are dating. Yoongi-hyung knows Soekjin-hyung from his childhood. Jiminnie met Namjoon-hyung today at the garage Namjoon-hyung works at. Jiminnie also knows Soekjin-hyung because he blogs about food under the name ‘Jin’. Ummm, I came here to visit Soekjin-hyung with Yoongi hyung. I know Soekjin-hyung and Namjoon-hyung because Hosoek-hyung is friends with them ever since two years ago. Hosoek-hyung and I are roommates and good friends since school. As we all know Yoongi-hyung, Jiminnie, you – Jungkook-ah – and I all work at GreatHits… I think that’s all?”

“Well done TaeTae, I think you covered everything.” Jimin smiled at the boy next to him.

Yoongi beckoned Jungkook to the seat next to him. “Let’s eat then!” he said with enthusiasm.


- - - - -


Jimin practically bathed in the great feeling of good company. As they all conversed and laughed loudly he felt lighter than he’d felt in a while. Maybe the relief had partly to do with the fact that Taehyung was being friendlier with him, or maybe it didn’t.

Hosoek cleared his throat. “I have something to say.”

Jimin noticed the sudden disappearance of the wide smile from Soekjin’s face. He was looking at Hosoek with something that looked like a mixture of worry and confusion.

“I am going away for about two weeks. I got this offer to dance…”

He didn’t even get to finish his sentence before cheers filled the room. He blushed profusely and laughed off the embarrassment. For some reason Jimin hadn’t noticed it before, but now that he saw it, it was painfully clear.

The smile on Hosoek’s face was real, but it had a more of a sparkle to it when his eyes connected with his roommate’s and Taehyung clapped loudly while shouting that he was proud of Hosoek.

As the pieces fell into place, Jimin saw himself in Hosoek’s shoes. “Oh my God.” He whispered to himself.

“You’re going to have to stay alone Taehyung-ah.” Hosoek said when everyone had quieted down.

“It’s okay hyung. If I get lonely Jiminnie could always sleep over.”

Jimin’s heart leaped, firstly because Taehyung had suggested living with him and secondly because Hosoek’s smile faltered for a split second while  Soekjin looked concerned for the same amount of time.

Hosoek paused, and then looked like he’d decided something. “One condition.”

“Yeah?”

“He can’t sleep on my bed. When I get back I want to find my bed exactly how it was when I walked out of the house.”

“Okay!” Taehyung smiled happily and tightened his arm around the boy next to him. “Hear that Jiminnie? We’re gonna have sleepovers!” His expression turned serious. “Hosoek-hyung, do not forget to tell me how everything goes.”

“I won’t.”


- - - - -


When it was time to leave all the visitors walked to their respective residences.

Yoongi and Jungkook walked hand in hand, sharing some looks of adoration as they walked. Hosoek walked alone, earphones in his ears and a fast pace to match the music. Taehyung had walked out while Jimin spoke to Soekjin about his blog for a while. When Jimin walked out he found Taehyung waiting by a sidewalk, swinging his right foot about as he looked around the area. Jimin smiled to himself because his friend looked cute.

When he got to Taehyung he told him gently to go home. He said that he wanted talk to Hosoek about dance and ask him some questions.

Taehyung agreed to leave Jimin with Hosoek and go home alone, though he looked slightly disappointed. Jimin gave him a quick hug and jogged to Hosoek to tap him on the shoulder. The boy turned around fast, his expression softened slightly when he saw who it was.

“Hosoek-hyung, can we talk?”

“Ummm, okay. About?” He looked confused.

“Come to my apartment with me?”

“Okay…”


- - - - -


“So… what did you want to talk about?”

Jimin sat on the couch beside Hosoek. He sighed. “Hyung… why didn’t you tell Taehyung you like him?”

Hosoek looked like he’d woken up first thing in the morning to a hard slap in the face. “Is it obvious?” he spoke softly after the awkward silence that had ensued.

“No.”

Hosoek sighed and threaded his fingers through his hair. He didn’t know whether to tell Jimin or not. When he saw the look Jimin was giving him he decided to just let it out. The boy knew his secret already as it was. “I was going to tell him.”

“What happened?”

There was a short pause. “You.”

Jimin frowned. “What?”

“I really was going to confess to him, but then one day he came home and told me about a boy he’d met at the store. I know Taehyung well, so well that I knew from the way he acted that he liked the boy. He looked so… delighted - like he’d discovered a ton of gold.”

Jimin’s mouth hung open. Hosoek spoke again after taking a breath, “I just… couldn’t bring myself to complicate things for him.”

Jimin didn’t know what to say. “You don’t have to feel bad Jimin-ah. It’s not your fault.”

Jimin sighed. “Why don’t you tell him now?”

“Because it’s pointless and… you like him too.”

Jimin blushed. “I d-don’t.”

Hosoek laughed. “Well, then you will soon enough. You seem like a great person and you must be if Taehyung-ah likes you. Just… take care of him okay?”

“Don’t you think he should at least know?”

“I know he should. I’ve been living with him for years.” Hosoek let out a deep breath. “Don’t tell him. I will do it when I’m ready.”

Jimin nodded. “Do you want some coffee?”

“Why does everyone keep offering me coffee?”

“I don’t know… wait. You told Soekjin-hyung too, didn’t you?”

“You are observant I see. Taehyung-ah is very observant, he just missed one thing.”

Jimin bit his lip. “Maybe it’s just because he cares about you so much as a friend that something more didn’t cross his mind?”

“You’re right. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.”

“So… coffee?”

“Yeah, why not?”


- - - - -


Jimin looked into the bathroom mirror after he finished brushing his teeth. He thought about Hosoek’s situation and how brave the older boy was. He really liked Taehyung by the look of things. Taehyung…

The bubbly personality, perfect hair and rectangular smile…

When Jimin came back to reality he found something in his reflection - the look he’d seen on Hosoek’s face earlier, the same look that he’d always had at another part of his life.

“.”


***** ***** ***** ***** *****




A/N

Hellooo!

Hope you’re enjoying the story so far.
Thanx to my editor <3

Jin looks amazing blonde!!

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon