Hold Me Tight Pt.2

SMS - Save My Soul

Namjoon woke up in the very early hours of the morning. He was perplexed as to why he would possibly do something like that as he glanced at the clock. He was about to turn around in the sheets and close his eyes when he heard a whimper. He frowned and slowed his breathing so that he could hear better. He heard it again, but this time it was much softer.

In the dim lighting Namjoon sat up and peered at the bundle next to him. He leaned over and immediately worked out what the source of the noise was. Should he wake Soekjin up? He sat up straighter; he remembered the last time it happened. He’d woken the elder up, but when Soekjin opened his eyes he hadn’t remembered anything about his nightmare. In fact, he just asked Namjoon is a sleepy voice why he’d woken him. Even though that had happened the last time he couldn’t just leave him to suffer. Soekjin was probably reliving his past in his nightmares…

Namjoon shook Soekjin awake gently. After a short while the elder gasped loudly and clung to Namjoon’s sleep shirt, trembling slightly. Namjoon’s mind raced. “Soekjin-ah… I just wanted to ask you umm… what you plan on -”

Soekjin interrupted him. “It’s fine Namjoon-ah, you don’t have to come up with an excuse. I know I was having a nightmare.”

Namjoon sighed. “It’s just that last time…”

“I know. I thought about it a lot and realised what happened. I really didn’t work it out until later on.”

“Do you remember what happened this time?”

Soekjin nodded slowly, “Mhhm.”

“Do you want to talk about it?”

Soekjin shook his head. Namjoon smiled comfortingly even if his partner probably wouldn’t be able to see it. “Come here.”

Soekjin let himself flop into Namjoon’s awaiting arms. He had always been there for him, since way back when his life felt like hell. “Thank you.” he whispered, his voice filled with gratefulness. Namjoon responded by squeezing him tighter and dropping both of them back onto the bed.


* * * * * * * * * *


Having enjoyed the taste of the night’s meal, Yoongi smiled. While taking a sip of his water he looked at his boyfriend. They had been eating in silence, most likely due to the fact that they were both enjoying the meal and neither of them felt uncomfortable in the silence. Jungkook smiled back at him when their eyes met. “We should eat this more often.”

“True.” As he looked at the amazing boy in front of him Yoongi was hit with emotion all of a sudden. Jungkook frowned after the moment’s silence. “What’s up hyung?”

“I just… life was so… colourless without you.”

“Hyung…”

Yoongi wiped a happy tear from just under his eye. “Thank you Jungkook-ah. Thank you for being here.”

Jungkook sighed. “Hyung, you’re not the only one who feels that way. I basically had nothing besides music. We know each other’s stories… ”

“I know… it’s just that I really want to let you know how much you mean to me.”

“Hyung you don’t need to tell me, I can feel it.” Jungkook’s sincerity meant a lot as his facial expression was illuminated perfectly by the warm lighting of the room.

Yoongi smiled. “I love you Jungkook-ah.”

“I love you too Yoongi-hyung.” Jungkook paused and smiled his bunny-like smile. “Though, if you want to declare your love to me by buying me something I’m all in.”

“Yah!”


* * * * * * * * * *


He barely felt the arms of the other wrapping around his shoulders until Taehyung leaned his warm chin on his shoulder. “It’s okay Jiminnie.” – A reassuring whisper.

Jimin’s eyes were still widened with shock and they began to gather tears that Jimin couldn’t do anything to stop – not with the way Taehyung was holding on to him. In a trance-like state, Jimin lifted both his arms to wrap around Taehyung’s torso loosely. He tried to speak; to ask Taehyung how he could possibly know, but the only sounds that managed to leave his lips was sobs.

“It’s okay.” Taehyung whispered again and this time the gentle sound was closer to Jimin’s ear. With that Jimin let himself go for the first time since the day Chunghee died. He didn’t care that someone could see him anymore because he’d been discovered; the veil hiding his pain had been lifted. He wrapped his shaking arms tighter around Taehyung and cried hard into the junction between the other’s shoulder and neck. Taehyung didn’t pull away.


- - - - -


Jimin knew he looked like . He’d seen himself post-breakdown enough times to know that his face was blotched pink and his eyelashes were sticking together. Taehyung, however, seemed unfazed by his appearance and sat on the bed which he’d silently led Jimin to.

Taehyung lay down next to Jimin on the bed and stared at the ceiling. When Jimin sniffed and tried to speak again his friend turned to him and wiped some fresh tear streaks from his cheeks. “Don’t force anything. I’m not going anywhere anytime soon.”

Jimin smiled almost forlornly. He turned his body to face Taehyung completely. Even though he took his time he didn’t like the way his voice sounded when he finally spoke. “How?”

Taehyung sighed and his lips formed a straight line. “One of my brothers was once depressed. Since the time I found out and helped him I swore to myself that I would make sure to pay close attention to people so that they don’t suffer silently like he did. Jiminnie, I knew something was wrong from the time we spoke at the playground and I didn’t want to pry, but I realised that you would never tell me.”

“How did you find out?”

“Yoongi. Don’t blame him though - it took a lot of convincing to get him to tell me about your past.”

Jimin felt scared. “He knows about… the…”

“No Chim, he doesn’t know that you scratch yourself. All he knows is that you’re sad and what happened to cause it. I worked out the rest.”

Jimin swallowed thickly. “Am I obvious?”

“No, not at all.”

There was silence for a while and they just studied each other’s faces.

“Why did you… try so hard?”

“Jiminnie, I really care about you and I couldn’t just sit there and do nothing while you suffered. You didn’t mean to, but you were asking for help. The way you carry yourself like everything is okay while you’re screaming inside… I want to help you Jiminnie. I want to save you before your soul becomes corrupt with the sadness you only show yourself. I don’t care what it takes.”

If it were anyone else Jimin would have begged them to let him be and told them that he would be fine, but he was touched by what Taehyung had said and he also knew that he was right. He needed help and if anyone could help him it would be Taehyung. “Are… are you sure you want to put yourself through this?”

“I’m positive.”

Jimin’s smile was stronger now. He felt overwhelmed with gratitude and his eyes started to tear up, but this time it was for a different reason.

“Jiminnie?”

“Mhhmm?”

“If you ever need someone, no matter the time or circumstance, don’t hesitate to call me.”

“Okay Tae Tae.”

Taehyung took Jimin’s phone from the bedside table and set his number as 1. When he was done he smiled triumphantly at Jimin. “Now it will be easy for you, just press one.”

Jimin nodded. “Taehyung…”

“Yeah?”

He knew things could get awkward after finding this new dimension of their friendship. “Can we watch a movie or something?”

“Sure.”



***** ***** ***** ***** *****
 


A/N

Heyo!!

Hope you’ve enjoyed the story so far. I would like to thank my editor, readers and friends for all the support.

Feel free to comment!

<3

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon