I Need U

SMS - Save My Soul

 “Good morning.” Yoongi greeted a member of his company without even looking to see who it was.

“Morning.”

The unusual voice caught his interest and he turned to his side to see a handsome young man. The boy had distinctive features and he was familiar. Yoongi wracked his brain until he remembered. This boy was the one that had come in recently, a singer. Apparently he was pretty good. He had noticed the new addition earlier when he had caught a glance of his unfamiliar side profile and asked one of his co-workers who the newbie was.

“You’re Kim Taehyung, right?”

Taehyung smiled, “Glad to know I’m getting popular.”

Yoongi laughed, “Well, when you make it big make sure to send me some financial aid. I wouldn’t mind.”

It was Taehyung’s turn to laugh. “Nice to meet you.”

“My name’s Min Yoongi.”

“Ah…” A thought seemed to cross the boys mind and a flash of a smile appeared on his face. It was gone quickly, replaced with a polite one.

“Nice name.”

Yoongi gave Taehyung a side smile. He found that he quite liked this new boy. “Thanks. You can call me hyung.”

“Okay Yoongi-hyung.”

“It’s nice to meet you too Taehyung-ah. I wish we could chat, but I better get going.”

“Yeah, I know it can get busy.”

“Yep. See ya Taehyung-ah.”

“Sure hyung.”


* * * * * * * * * *


Through time Jimin had fallen into a routine. Wake up, get through the day, smile for Yoongi, attempt to drive away sadness and eventually fall asleep from sheer exhaustion.

He lay in his bed, staring into the darkness that enveloped the room even though he knew he wouldn’t see anything. His mind was a whirlpool of thoughts that greatly contrasted the calmness about him.

He felt his restless mind slipping to a place where he didn’t want it to go; he knew very well that at this point that there was no point in fighting it. He slipped into the vivid memory he had been avoiding.

Jimin walked on the sidewalk with a spring in his step. The white plastic packet containing the reason for his joy swung from the fingertips of his right hand.

He tilted his face to the sunshine and the slight breeze caught his hair and played with the silky strands.

He reached his recently bought apartment and stepped in, feeling excitement take over his mind. How was he going to go about this?

He sat at his table and brought out his purchase from the plastic packet, humming a tune to himself. The packaging of Chunghee’s favourite chocolate glinted in the light that came in from the blinds.

He stared at the expensive thing thoughtfully. An idea popped into his head and his face lit up like a Christmas tree.


*
 

He folded the carefully written note and slipped it into the chocolate box, feeling quite proud of himself.

He pulled out his neglected phone from his pocket to set the next part of his plan in motion. He immediately noticed a new message and decided to check it after calling Chunghee.

The phone rang for a long time before voicemail kicked in. Jimin frowned. Not answering a phone call was not something Chunghee did unless he was busy. If he was busy then Jimin would have to postpone his plans and that wasn’t something he wanted to do.

He sighed. The message was probably from Chunghee… It probably said something along the lines of, “I know you well Minnie! If I have a free day that you know about you will surely plan something. Sorry Minnie, I had to go to a blah blah blah… unexpected… blah blah. I love you! C <3”

He clicked on it and waited for the message to load. When his eyes registered what they were reading his heart started pounding and his stomach sank. He started from the beginning again.

“Hey Minnie. I’ve said goodbye to you in person, though you didn’t know it. That was meant to be it, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it without actually saying goodbye first. I love you and always have, that’s why it was better you didn’t know how much I suffered. I couldn’t take it anymore. Don’t blame yourself for my cowardice. I want you to be happy.
Love you, Chunghee.”

It was like Jimin’s heart had stopped beating. He went numb and it was as if he’d out. When he was finally fully aware of his surroundings he was standing in a white room. His love was on a hospital bed, eyes closed and contraptions keeping him alive.


*


Jimin stared at Chunghee’s beautiful face. He couldn’t believe this had happened. Chunghee’s mother and father stood by the other side of the bed, sobbing.

Jimin wanted to grab their shoulders and shake them until they saw what they had done to his love, but he couldn’t bring himself to move. His logic told him that they would eventually realise that it was their fault and him interfering would make it worse for them.

He prayed that Chunghee would, by some miracle, be okay. Even when Chunghee’s parents had left the hospital he stayed by Chunghee’s side, holding his hand.


*


He was woken by a high pitched noise. When reality set in, which it did very quickly, he stood up as fast as he could and stared wide-eyed at the flat line. “Nurse! NURSE! NURSE! SOMEBODY!  HELP!”

She had turned to him with sympathy in her eyes. Jimin fell to his knees. He whispered, “Why Chunghee-ah? Why did it have to be this way? You’ve left me all alone. You said that you would never leave me… I love you Chunghee-ah… I…” He choked on his tears.


*


He sank onto the chair by his table and picked up the box of chocolates with shaky hands. He broke the seal and picked up the note he had written in blissful ignorance.

“Hey!

It’s your Minnie catching you by surprise! I can’t do it much because you know me so well… Anyway, I want you to move in with me. When we’re old enough, I will marry you. Okay?

I love you Jagiya~”

Jimin's hand shook and the image of the note distorted. Some of his tears wet the paper and they flowed down his face like a leaking tap.


The tears that flowed back then were the saddest he had ever shed, but he never expected to still be shedding the same tears all this time later.
Chunghee wouldn’t have wanted him to be like this. Jimin knew this, but that’s just how he was – utterly disappointing.


* * * * * * * * * *


Yoongi had settled into a routine of his own. Wake up, work, hang out with and check up on Jimin, spend time with Jungkook, work and sleep like a log.

He felt great. His life was going better than it had in a long time.

“Yah! Jungkook-ah!”

The boy grinned, “If you really want this back…” he raised the grey travel cushion in the air and smirked. “…come get it.”

Yoongi raised an eyebrow and moved to chase the tiresome boy all through his living-room.

Jungkook had gotten really tired at Yoongi’s place the previous night when they had worked together on a new song.

Yoongi told him it would be fine if he stayed the night. He had said that with no premonition of the situation the boy would create the very next morning.

Yoongi was not a morning person. Usually he would swear at anyone who dared to disturb his sleep, let alone make him outright exercise after waking him abruptly with a loud blast of music by his ear. With Jungkook, he was being strangely lenient.

The older of the two chastised himself for letting the boy get away with so much. He needed to learn to respect his elders. Deep down he knew that he wouldn’t do anything about it and the boy would probably end up with Yoongi as his very own playdough.

Jungkook giggled and managed to duck the older every time he got close to catching him. Yoongi came to realise that the boy was really beautiful as he chased him around; his eyes drawn to the delighted smile Jungkook flashed him every few seconds.

When it had been going on for some time and both were short of breath, Yoongi caught up to the amazingly fast runner and caught him, throwing his arms around the startled boy.

Jungkook twisted and turned around in his arms and he lost his balance. Yoongi tried to keep them from crashing to the ground, but could only manage to aim the inevitable fall at his soft rug.

Together they hit the ground with a soft thud. Yoongi was still breathing irregularly from the unplanned exercise, Jungkook's breathing seemed to have slowed down considerably. He opened his eyes and they met with Jungkook’s wide, shock-filled ones.

Yoongi’s first thought was, “Why is he looking at me like that?” The question in his mind was soon answered by the realisation that dawned on him.

Here they were on Yoongi’s living room floor, bound together by the tight grasp Yoongi still had around the younger’s waist. The only thing keeping their faces apart was the object that had caused Yoongi to chase Jungkook in the first place.

Yoongi slowly pulled his arms out from under Jungkook, who quickly understood the older’s objective and arched his back so as to aid him. The movement did what he had intended, but it did something else too.

The craving Yoongi had been holding back for some time had resurfaced when he lay on Jungkook, but he had almost gotten his feelings under control. Almost.
Jungkook just had to set him off. The slight arch of Jungkook’s back and the shine of early light in his eyes... the sheer beauty of his face made Yoongi lose it.

He let his control slip as soon as his hands were free. He placed them on either side of Jungkook’s head after removing the travel pillow from Jungkook’s now loose grasp and tossing it aside to be picked up later.

He let his eyes tell Jungkook that something was going to happen, as if asking for permission. The younger had a blank look in his eyes, but he let them shift for a moment to Yoongi’s lips, studying them, and when they connected with Yoongi’s again the older knew he had the green light.

Yoongi leaned down to kiss Jungkook with all the feelings he had. As a result, his eyes were tightly shut with emotion.

When Jungkook responded it lit a spark inside him. Happiness spread through him like the warmth of candlelight. He smiled against the younger’s lips.

They pulled away from each other and Yoongi was the first to open his eyes. He was treated to the sight of Jungkook’s slight smile that lit up his face and his lightly shut eyelids, savouring the moment, the feeling.

When their eyes met again no words were needed. They got ready for work with a happy atmosphere, much like a mist, and a silent promise to talk about it later on.



***** ***** ***** ***** *****


A/N

I hope you enjoyed it!

Do comment? It makes my day and could possibly shape the story. *nudge nudge*


Love you Guys!

XXX
Waiting-4-Canon