That is it?...

That Words...

Mid-term break is finally greet. Yongbae wake up that morning, sitting comfortably in front of his study table while surfing the net. Earphone plug in neatly, playing his favorite music from the famous male group, “Bigbang”. He can’t hold his feet from tapping according to the beat when “We Like To Party” song has been playing.   Yongbae steal a glance towards the window. Calm and clement  weather is pleasant for outdoor activities.  Normally, holiday brings nothing difference for Yongbae as he always stay at home, spend his lonely time in his room working on his hobby, but that day somewhere in his mind bring his thought towards his only friend, Jiyong. He keep remembering Jiyong words about going to the place that they never seen before since Jiyong mention it. “Is this the perfect time for us to spend our time for that? But he must be using this opportunity to go for a date with Dara. Emm…maybe I will ask him later”.  Thought Yongbae and bring out his sketch book and start to write something. “FRIENDSHIP”, that is the first word he wrote. However, before he could write more his phone ringing.
“Good morning Yongbae ah. Have you awake?” Jiyong voice had been heard on the line.
“Good morning Jiyong ah. No, I’m still sleeping.” said Yongbae and laugh crack up afterward. 
“If you’re not wearing something nice now, you better get change.” asked Jiyong with cheerful voice.
“Why should I?” asked Yongbae confused.
“Because I’m sitting in front of your house now, waiting for you to come out.” answered Jiyong and from that voice Yongbae know he is smiling. 
“What? Why don’t you ring the bell? Come inside.” invite Yongbae while stretching his neck and peered out the window. There, Yongbae see Jiyong stand in front of his house while hooking on Dara’s shoulder. They wave at him when noticed he peep out. 
“I’ll wait here. So, hurry up.” said Jiyong on the phone before hang up.
He quickly change his cloth while his mind still don’t really get what Jiyong is planning to do. Once he is ready, he slide in his backpack and rushing to downstairs.
“Mom, I’m going out with Jiyong and his friend.” he said to his mother who are busy doing the house core. His mother nod, giving a permission with smiling. Jiyong’s name is become familiar with Yongbae’s family nowadays. Seeing Yongbae always cheerful and have someone to be with, make his parents like Jiyong that much.
 
“Hi Yongbae, morning. Your house is nice.” greet Dara once Yongbae step out from the gate.
“Hi Dara. Why didn’t tell me earlier that both of you want to come?” asked Yongbae and looking directly to Jiyong who are widely smiling at him.
“Because we love surprises.” said Jiyong bluntly.
“So, what are we going to do? Where are we going?” asked Yongbae anticipatedly.
“Yongbae ah…did you still remember what I’d said to you when I came to your house for the first time?” asked Jiyong.
“Which one? You are indeed a talkative person.” Yongbae send mischievous smile.
“Yaahhh…I’ve told you that I want to go to the interesting places around here. Since you also got no idea where should we go, so here..I bring our tourist guide…hehehe” Jiyong smirking towards Dara.
“Tourist guide? Is that what I am for? Aisshhh… leave me here.” Dara rebelling. Yongbae and Jiyong laugh simultaneously. Looking at her cute face make them love to tease even more, especially Jiyong.
“Dara yah…don’t be sulking. I will treat you an ice cream for this tour.” Jiyong giggles.
“Ice cream? Do you think I’m still the 8 years old girl?” asked Dara while sending sharp glares towards Jiyong.
“You are not? I thought you are still the same person. Always cute.” Jiyong pinch Dara’s cheek and burst into laughter when seeing Dara struggle to defend herself.
“Aishhh…Kwon Jiyong!!!! You’ll stay here. I will going out with Yongbae.” Dara shout out loud when she knows nothing she could do to stop Jiyong’s action.
“What? How dare you leave me here. No, I won’t let Yongbae to follow you.” Jiyong protest while grabbing Yongbae’s arm.
“Guys…I don’t think we manage to go anywhere if both of you like this.” Yongbae smirking looking at the childish couple in front of him. “Let’s go, we better start to think where should we go first.” he added.
“Hmm…I have the list. But, first of all, we have to go somewhere to have breakfast.” said Jiyong, standing in the middle between Dara and Yongbae while hooking his arms on both of them.
 
They are having their breakfast in the fast food restaurant while planning the places that they need to go first.
“I had searched in the internet the places that I would like to see. Here are the list.” Jiyong bring out a piece of paper which contain the information and some picture of the place he wish to go. Lotte World, Carribean Bay, Everland, Seoul’s Children Grand Park, Namsan Cable Car, Coex Aquarium, Trickeye Museum, Hangang Park and many more. Dara and Yongbae look at the list and their eyes widen when noticed Jiyong had list down all the famous places in the South Korea.
“So many?” they both said simultaneously.
“We can’t make it in one day.” said Dara. “How about for today we just go to Lotte World, one of the most popular amusement park. We can continue the rest for another day.” she suggest.
“It’s up to you. You are the tourist guide. I don’t know each of the places. I just list down by looking at their photo,  because it seems like an interesting places.” Said Jiyong, cutely smile like a kid. So, they hurriedly finished their breakfast, leave that place and heading to Jamsil.
 
Both Jiyong and Yongbae scream in awe when they  step in the amusement park.  Being there for the first time really amazed both of them.
“So, which one are we going to try first?” asked Dara with smiling seeing the two bestfriend being mesmerized with everything around them.
“The water park seems interesting. But, I don’t bring the change cloth.” said Yongbae.
“Don’t worry. There are many stall for you to buy one.” Said Dara.
 
They manage to buy their tickets after being line up almost half an hour. Nevertheless, they didn’t bother because of their excitement. They had  decided to try all the facilities that had been provided for outdoor waterpark, from the racing slide until wild surfing, they try everything. The three of them really enjoyed every moment that they had spent together. Yongbae can’t hide his happiness. This is the first time he spend his time playing in a place like that. He keep smiling when looking at Jiyong. He cannot lie, Jiyong really brings joy to his life. He never thought that he will get a chance to be in that place with someone that he can call a friend. “ Thank God because sending someone as kind as him. I feel really grateful to have him around.” Yongbae thought in his mind, while looking directly towards Jiyong who are busily teasing Dara by splashing water on her face.
 
They leaved the waterpark after spending almost 5 hour in there and decided to linger around to find something to eat. They entered the food court, and Yongbae asked Jiyong and Dara to order food while he try to find an empty spot for them to sit. The place seems quite full with the people who are spending quality time with their family, friends and their love one. However, Yongbae being so lucky when he manage to get one table that suitable for three of them. Both Yongbae and Jiyong enjoying their Yukgaejang, spicy broth with reach boiled meat while Dara choose to eat kimchi ttukbaegi udon. Having something warm is really refreshing for them who are spending most of the time in the water that day.
 
“So, where do we go after this?” asked Jiyong, once he finished eating.
“Ermmm…sorry guys. I have to return home after this. My mom call me earlier asking me to accompany her to go to her friend’s house. Is it ok if I leave both of you?” asked Dara feeling guilty.
“It’s ok, I think we had enough for today. We can continue some other time.” said Yongbae being concern.
“I can go back by myself, you two still can go wherever you want to go without me.” said Dara.
“But…” Jiyong can’t finished his words when Dara cut him off.
“It’s ok Jiyong. I’ll be ok. You two just have some fun. The day is still early to go back.” said Dara with wide smile.
 
Yongbae and Jiyong decided to walk around the shopping mall once Dara left the two of them together.  
“This place is very happening isn’t it?” asked Jiyong while looking at Yongbae who are walking next to him. Since Dara left them alone, Jiyong feels something weird had been tickling in his heart. Just being together with Yongbae, having some leisure time in place like that really bring a good feeling. “It’s look like a date.” his mind whispered but try to hide his smile, worry if Yongbae could noticed.
“Emm…It is really a nice place. But, pity of me because being here at this age.” Yongbae smirk.
“Atleast you are here now, right? Yongbae ah. Let sit here for a while.” said Jiyong landing himself at the bench provided. Yongbae landed beside him, watching people walking around and scanning the shops inside that building.
“Wait here Yongbae ah. I want to buy ice cream.” said Jiyong suddenly when he notice there is an ice cream stall nearby. Jiyong thought it could be a better idea to spend more time with Yongbae before they decided to go home.  Yongbae  just eyeing Jiyong as he walking to the ice cream stall before he heard someone mention his name.
“Dong Yongbae? Is that really you?”
Yongbae turn his head to look at the person who is calling his name. He staring at the person for a few seconds, try to remember the face in front of him and he startled. “It can’t be!!!..” He had frowned after his mind recalled that familiar face in front of him. That is the face that still linger in his mind even though years have been passed by. The face that he wish he could forget for his whole life.  The face that he wanted to avoid forever. Seeing that face makes his heart aching once again.  He quickly stand up, wish to leave that place, hoping to get as far as he could but that person grab his wrist in a split second, preventing him from moving.
“Hold on Bae. Please don’t go. I’m still can’t forget about you and keep thinking for years since that day. How I wish I can see you again. I can’t believed that I meet you here. I almost don’t recognized you. You had grown up beautifully. How are you, Yongbae ah? I miss you so much.” that guy staring at him deeply.
“Sorry, I think you’ve got the wrong person.” answered Yongbae avoiding his gaze.
“Don’t lie to me, I know it’s you. If not why you should trembling like this?” Yongbae start to feel annoyed. He look directly towards the ice cream stall try to search for Jiyong but failed since it had been covered by the crowds. However he feeling relieved when hear Jiyong’s voice behind him.
“Yongbae, here is your ice cream. I’ve got you a mint flavor, is it ok?” Jiyong appear from the crowds with a wide smile, walking closer to where he is standing. Jiyong didn’t notice someone had been standing in front of Yongbae since he is back facing him. However, he realize the tense expression on his friend’s face.
“Yongbae, what’s wrong?” Jiyong turn to look at the person when he saw Yongbae shoot him a deadly stares.
“KWON JIYONG?!!”
“CHOI SEUNGHYUN?!!”
The two person says simultaneously, clearly in shocked.
“Do you know him?” Asked Yongbae looking at Jiyong with surprised.
“Err..” Jiyong’s voice trembling hard. He can feel his throat suddenly dry out.
“What are you doing here, Jiyong? How did you two know each other?” the guy named Seunghyun locking his gazed on Jiyong. Yongbae could sense that Jiyong being panic.
“It’s not your problem. He is with me.” said Yongbae sending sharp glares toward Seunghyun.
“Huh…you are being cold to me but being so clingy with this person? I thought you don’t like a guy, Yongbae. But its look like you still love to be in their arms” That words make Yongbae grip his fist try to hold his anger.
“He is different than you, jerk. He's not a gay like you and he is not someone that used a friendship just to fulfill his own desire.” said Yongbae gritting  his teeth.
“Hah…are you sure? The guy that stalking and shamelessly seduced another guy for 4 years, I don’t think it shows so much different from what I did to you. Is that not gay enough? What do you think, Jiyong? No wonder I didn't see you in front of my house anymore since you are here chasing some other guy." Seunghyun send an evil smirk toward Jiyong who are shivering beside Yongbae.
“What does it mean? Jiyong, why are you being silence? Say that you are different from him. Dara is your girlfriend, right?”Yongbae start to lose patient. He could feels his heart beats faster, bring his chest in greatest pain.
“Yongbae ah…I’m sorry.” that is the only words that come out from Jiyong makes Yongbae startled.
“No..no..Jiyong…Say that is not true!! Please Jiyong..Say that you are different!!” Yongbae’s voice raise up.
“I’m sorry Yongbae ah…Just let me explain to you later. I will explain everything but not here. Please Yongbae.” Jiyong try to hold Yongbae’s arm but Yongbae pull back and run as fast as he could leaving the two of them without even bother to look back.
Jiyong burst into tears. He has no courage to chase Yongbae. His whole body shaking. "I'm sorry..I'm sorry.." He can't believed every moment that they had shared a few hours ago just ended like that. Deep in his heart he cannot lie, he started to developed feeling towards Yongbae even though he doesn't planned it that way. But now, everything has been ruin.
"What happened between you and Yongbae?How did you two know each other?" Seunghyun staring at him still demanding for the answer.
"Blame yourself..." Answered Jiyong with hatred feeling.