Just hearing your name makes me quiver...

That Words...

 

Yongbae being alone in the university rooftop. He laid his body with close eyes while holding his phone on his stomach, bathing himself with the sunlight while the other arm landing on his forehead, without even notice someone keep staring at him behind the half-closed door. Seungri slowly make an approach after standing there about half an hour.

“Hey…don’t you feel burn on your back laying your body like that?” he asked towards the blonde guy try to start the conversation.

Yongbae open his eyes in shock when he heard Seungri’s voice and directly sit up straight facing Seungri who is already landed himself in front of him. He looks around and notice only both of them being there.

“Since that we are both alone here, do you mind if I ask you something?” asked Seungri.

Yongbae looks at Seungri with clueless. “What is it?” he asked. Seeing that guy suddenly appeared like that already makes him curious.

“Sorry for interrupting your leisure time, but I really need to know about this. What is your relationship with Yuri?” asked Seungri directly.

“Yuri who?” replied Yongbae become more confused. As far as he concern he never heard that name before.

“Don’t pretending like you don’t know her. I’d seen everything.” said Seungri with grumpy feeling.

“Sorry, what are you talking about? I really don’t understand and who is Yuri? I never heard that name.” said Yongbae with his poker face.

“You took whatever she gave to you before, now you said that you don’t know her? Wow..you are really something, Yongbae.” Seungri really can’t hold himself anymore. He really pissed off with Yongbae.

“Can you please explain to me what actually happened here? Don’t you listen what I’ve just said? I really don’t know her.” said Yongbae start to feel annoyed.

“The girl who gave you cake and present before, her name is Yuri.” answered Seungri.

“Huh…It doesn’t give me a better idea who she is. There are many of them like that.” said Yongbae with a smirk.

“Yaishhhh…the pretty girl who is always standing in front of our class, who is always waiting for you to give that things and take her spot at the table which is just next to you when you are in the library…” explained Seungri once again but Yongbae still maintaining his poker face. Nothing about that girl had been recalled in his memory. He remember that scene but he never look at the person’s face so he really don’t know how that girl looks like, so it makes him has no idea at all.

“Ishhhh…never mind. It’s just waste my time talking with you.” said Seungri while standing up.

“Do you like her? That Yuri?” asked Yongbae suddenly, head up to look at Seungri who is already  brings his step to leave that place. Seungri stop his move and turn back to face Yongbae.

“You remember her, don’t you?” asked Seungri anticipated.

“No. I still can’t recall who she is but it seems like you are really interested to that person.” said Yongbae with a stern voice. “Whoever she is, I just want to tell you that I really don’t have any relationship with that person. I’m just a lonely bastard, remember? Huh..you should remember that, you were the one who gave me that nickname.” said Yongbae with annoyed smirk. He lay back to the floor still on the same position. “Moreover, I don’t have any intention to be with anyone right now, so don’t worry.” added Yongbae and close his eyes once again.

Seungri stand there silently looking at Yongbae. Heard those answer makes him breathing in relief.

He turn back and setting his pace but something comes up in his mind.

“Yongbae, what happened to Jiyong? Did he been controlled by his father once again to leave this university?” asked Seungri suddenly make Yongbae’s eyes wide open. He quickly sit up once again and his face clearly shows surprised.

“What did you mean?” asked Yongbae, eager to know.

“Erm…since he suddenly dropped his study, so I thought his father had used his power to drag him out from this university.” said Seungri. Yongbae stare at Seungri with tense makes him stand restless. “It’s just my own thought, maybe he has a better reason, right?” added Seungri try to break the awkwardness.

“What makes you think like that? What more do you know about Jiyong?” asked Yongbae curious.

“Nothing much, it’s just an old story.” said Seungri and leave Yongbae alone without looking back.

An uneasy feeling start to linger in Yongbae’s heart. From that words it seems like Seungri hold some secret and things about Jiyong makes him really curious.

 

Yongbae heading to the room where the next class will be held. From far there is someone standing alone while holding a paperbag and seeing Yongbae who walk closer make her smiling brightly.

“Hi!!...Here some gift for you.” said that girl when Yongbae already in front of her and makes him stop his move. He look directly to the girl and his mind suddenly recall the words that Seungri asked him on the rooftop. “Maybe this is the girl that Seungri mention earlier….” his mind think silently.

“You must be Yuri, Right?” asked Yongbae directly makes her smile become wider.

“Yes…You know my name already?” asked Yuri cheerfully.

“Someone had mention to me.” said Yongbae with his serious face and take a glance to Seungri who is sitting in the classroom staring at him. His face clearly shows the jealousy.

“Good to know that you’re finally noticed me.” Yuri can’t hide her excitement after knowing that Yongbae knows her name.

“Erm…Yuri, listen, from now on please don’t do this anymore. If you have any kind of intention to get close with me by giving these stuff, I think it’s better don’t do that because I really can’t accept whatever feeling that you hold towards me. At this moment I just want to focus on my study….and you….you are not my type actually. So, I hope you can understand. However, this gift, instead of me, there is someone who love to receive it from you. Maybe you can get along with that guy.” said Yongbae with a stern voice and pointed toward Seungri. Yuri who are still startle with Yongbae’s words turn her head to look in the classroom however can’t really see who is the person that Yongbae referred to since there are a lot of people who are looking at them at that moment. Seungri suddenly feels embarrass when he see Yongbae pointed at him and quickly avoid those gaze. Yongbae step in and directly walk closer to where Seungri is sitting and put down the paper bag that Yuri gave him earlier in front of Seungri. Seungri seems surprise but try to control himself when notice that Yuri is still standing there, looking at them.

“What are you doing?” asked Seungri toward Yongbae.

“All of these become matters to you, so I give it to you instead.” said Yongbae and directly take his spot at the back of the class. Seungri seems trembling by himself, don’t know what he supposed to do. Yuri who is now looking at him directly makes his heart want to pop up and lecturer who is just step in save his day when he see Yuri slowly leave the corridor.

 

************************************************

 

“What is your intention with these?” Seungri put down the paper bag in front of Yongbae when everybody had leaved the class. Yongbae just stare at him.

“I just give you something that you wish for.” answered Yongbae short.

“What did you say to her? Why did she look at me like that?” asked Seungri can’t hold his curiosity.

“I’m just told her the thing that she should know.” said Yongbae still being calm.

“But what is it?” asked Seungri eager to know.

“I’ve told her to stop giving me those stuff and clear everything up, that’s all.” Yongbae get up from his chair however Seungri hold his wrist and pull him to sit back.

“WHAT?!!” asked Yongbae start to feels annoyed.

“Did you told her that I like her?” asked Seungri feel nervous.

“No, I think that is something that you should tell her by yourself.” answered Yongbae which make Seungri feel relief.  “I can’t believe the loudest person in the class being like this because of the girl.” Yongbae smirking toward Seungri but it suddenly vanish when the thing about Jiyong poke his mind.

“Seungri, what you said about Jiyong earlier…tell me what else did you know about him?” asked Yongbae in serious face.

Seungri glare at him. “Why? Nothing interesting to talk about.” said Seungri and lean against the chair, but his eyes keep observing Yongbae’s reaction.  “You are really attached to that person, don’t you? I never see you so concern about someone.” said Seungri.

“Naah..I’m just curious what type of family that he has.” answered Yongbae try to hide his true feeling.

“Me and Jiyong had went to the same school back then, and we often played together that time.  I was a weak kid, always been bullied by a bunch of school kids who is more stronger and taller than I am. Almost every day my pocket money had been snatched by them and Jiyong always cover me up during lunch hour. One day, Jiyong saw me had been surrounded by that kids and without concern about himself he tried to help but unfortunately our strength away too far to match with them and we had been beaten seriously especially Jiyong. Because of that, his father had came to our school and asked who did that to Jiyong. I was totally scared to tell the truth, I was afraid if that person will beat me up again if I told what exactly happened to Jiyong,  so I was just kept silent. I know Jiyong can read my expression that time. So, he told his father that he had been injured by himself.  I didn’t know that his father would forced him to leave school because of that incident. But, I had no choice other than worried about myself. I know its seem selfish, at least his father can afford to hire private teacher for him. But I have to struggle myself in this cruel world. Since he dropped school we never met with each other and the last thing I know that he had been moved to Japan. First time I saw him entered our class back then, I was really surprised. His face doesn’t change much.” explained Seungri and gazing toward Yongbae who staring at him intensely.

“So, it was you…” said Yongbae makes Seungri look at him in confused.

“What do you mean? Did Jiyong told you about that?” asked Seungri curious.

“I heard about this from someone, about Jiyong got injured and so on. No wonder your throat seems dry out whenever Jiyong was around. I guess that was the reason.” said Yongbae while smirking.

“I don’t know whether he still remember about that or not. But still, I felt ashamed of what had been happened in the past.” said Seungri being honest.

Yongbae stand up and ready to leave the room. “I’m sure he will forgive you, don’t worry. He is a nice guy after all.” said Yongbae while patting Seungri’s shoulder and walk away. Seungri just followed Yongbae by his eyes.

 

**************************************************

 

“So Jiyong had returned back to Japan? I thought he will finish his study here. Hmmm…I will surely miss him a lot.” said Mrs. Dong, makes Yongbae stumble in silent. He return to his room after having his dinner. He grab his phone once again, searching for number that he failed to dialed before. He inhale a deep breath, try to pull all the courage to make his call and his quiver finger push the call button. He can feel how his heart thumping so hard when hear the dial tone. He try to calm his nerves down before that person pickup his phone. From one ringing, its turn to two ringing then three ringing and forth and the ringing keep continuously without anyone pickup. After waiting for sometimes, Yongbae cut off the line. Disappointment clearly shows on his face.

“Maybe it still not a right time…” he mumbles and once again that night just pass by without any progress between them.