New Hope...

That Words...

~~~krriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggggggggggg~~~

 

“Arghhh….So annoying!!! Just shut up!!” Jiyong try to reach his phone on the side table to stop the alarm clock. His eyes still refuse to open. The dizziness that he suffered from hangover last night doesn’t seems less. Because of that, he accidentally drop his phone to the hard floor. “Aisshhh....” Jiyong look on the floor where the phone has silently landing with scratch on its screen. “Damn it…ah..I don’t care, atleast it’s stop.” he murmured and continue to sleep.

 

It’s thirty  minutes past eleven, Jiyong just wake up from his dead sleep. “Arghh…my head.” he whinning at the edge of the bed. He slowly bend towards the phone that laying on the floor, try to turn it on but the screen is still blank. “What is this? I don’t think it could be damaged like this. The table is not that high. Aishh..” Jiyong put back the phone and heading to the bathroom with a heavy steps.

 

“Jiyong, I think it’s time for you to continue your study. I had discuss with the university administrator and they let you to continue the same course that  you took  before. So, don’t waste your time anymore. I don’t want to hear any excuse. You have to finished your study no matter what.”

 

Jiyong recalled back the conversation that he had with his father last night. His father was right, rather than doing nothing he should continue his study. Moreover, it is only a way to help distracting his mind from keep thinking about Yongbae. He glance toward his phone once again. “Oh.. that phone need to be repair, or maybe I should buy a new one instead. It must take a quite sometimes for it to be repaired.” he thought silently. “Huh…Why should I care? Like there is someone want to call me…” he added feels a bit disappointed because until today there is no call received from Yongbae.

 

Day becomes a week, week becomes a month, month becomes a year, Jiyong hear nothing about Yongbae.  He once asked Dara about how Yongbae was doing and Dara just mumbling and asked him to forget about Yongbae who doesn’t seems care. Last thing he heard that Yongbae is now happy with his new friend. Jiyong start to give up on hope. He assumed that their lost friendship will never be returned. He try to reset his mind and continue his life as he never know the guy with the name of Yongbae. There is a time when he really want to dial Yongbae’s number, just to hear his explanation but it doesn’t seems right. So, he just keep it on his own assuming that everything has ended a long time ago.

 

“Hey Jiyong. Welcome back. Seeing you here I assume that your relationship with Yongbae doesn’t work out.”

 

Jiyong still remember how annoying Seunghyun’s face when he mocked him about it. Even though it’s hurt but he can’t say much because what Seunghyun said was totally true. So, Jiyong decided to avoid Seunghyun, so that he doesn’t have to hear hurtful word from Seunghyun anymore. Every photo of him and Yongbae had been keep safely in his laptop which had been rarely open nowadays. University life makes him forget about it little by little and he manage to get through the years without thinking about his lost friendship.

 

*********************************************************

 

3 years have been passed with a blink of eyes. Yongbae stand alone on the rooftop while looking at the university scenery. The graduation is finally ended and now he is the one of the graduate students. He inhales a deep breath. This is the moment that he really waiting for. “It would be great if you are here sharing this moment together.” he mumbles. Until today he never once forget about Jiyong even though they lived in different ways. He never blamed Jiyong for what had been happen between them because more or less he also in fault. If he had the courage to call back Jiyong when the first attempt was failed, they could keep in touch once again, but he didn’t. He just being coward and waiting for Jiyong to return back the call, which is never happened.

 

“Look who is here…Hai Dong Yongbae. How are you? Owh..I shouldn’t ask. You seems fine. Is this your new friend? No wonder you never make that call. I think you have already found your comfort. Ok..good for you. I hope that person will realize that too, so he can continue his life like you do. But never mind, I know he will.”

 

Yongbae still not forget the last words that he heard from Dara two years ago. He still remember the resentful face of Dara while staring at him. That time he just being silent because Seungri was with him and everything that he said could lead to misunderstanding. He wish to confront Dara but since that day, Dara hardly to be found until he knows that Dara already graduated that year and until now he still can’t believed Dara is actually a senior.

 

“Hey Yongbae, there you are. What are you doing standing there alone. Come on, let’s celebrate our graduation.” Seungri waving at him with a big smile plastered on his face while his other hand wrapping his girlfriend’s shoulder, Yuri. Yongbae look at them and smile back. He quickly walk towards them. “What are you thinking about? Sad to leave your secret admirer here?” teased yuri and smile brightly. “That is something that I’m gladly do. Don’t have a space to keep everything. Thank God because Seungri willing to take one of them.” replied Yongbae and that words makes Yuri punch hardly on his shoulder. Yongbae just laugh. Seeing them two remind him toward Jiyong and Dara, but he quickly shook it off. “Let’s go..” he said towards the couple.

 

*********************************************************

 

“What are you going to do after this, Yongbae ah? Did you already choose what job do you want to apply?” asked Mr. Dong when they having a dinner.

“Hmm…not yet, but there are some, which come up in my mind lately.” answered Yongbae.

“Just apply whichever you like. You know that we are always support you no matter what. We don’t want to force you, as long as you’ll be happy with it, it’s fine with us.” added Mr. Dong try to comfort his son.

“But, is it ok if the place is far from here? I have to apart from you and mom.” Yongbae try to observe his parents reaction. Mr. and Mrs. Dong look at each other. From their reaction, Yongbae can see their sadness. He never been apart from his parents since he was born. So, Yongbae could understand if his parents will feel pressure about him leaving the house.

“You are already grown up Yongbae ah. As parents, we both have to accept the fact that one day you will have your own life like your brother. We can’t keep you forever with us. Someday you will get married and have your own family. So, either now or whenever, you will leave this house. However, we are always praying for you to have a successful life and there is only one thing we hope from you and your brother, don’t ever forget about us.” said Mr. Dong.

“Aish…dad, why suddenly mention about getting married?” Asked Yongbae while blushing.

“Why? You don’t want to? It will be great if you can give us a grandchildren.” her mother smile.

“Mom…I just mention about finding a job. Not finding a wife.” answered Yongbae.

His father and mother burst into laughter which makes Yongbae  feels shy.

“Actually, I’ve already got an offer. But it’s still in consideration whether to take or reject it.” said Yongbae suddenly.

“You did? What is it?” asked his father.

“One of the big company in Japan had offer me to be a Fashion Editor for their company. Actually, it was my supervisor suggestion. I never put on hope when I applied for that post, and I almost forget about it. But, recently they had contact me to inform that I have been selected for that position and have to reply back within this week. So, is it okay if I accept that offer?” asked Yongbae, seeking his parent’s permission.  

“Japan? You mean you have to travel another country?” asked his mother.

“Yes, if you allow me.” replied Yongbae.

“Do you think it’s a good offer? You never go that far before, are you sure you will be ok?” asked his father.

“I think it will be a good experience for me to apply every knowledge that I had. Yes, I’ve never been there but I think I should try atleast. If everything doesn’t go well as planned, I can return back to Korea and find another job that suit me.” explained Yongbae.

“Well, if you think like that, just go with it. I believed that opportunity doesn’t come easily. Maybe there are a lots of people are hoping for that position. Just give it a try. So, when you have to go?” asked his father.

“Maybe by next week. I have to arrange a place to stay and so on, so it will be better if I can go there a bit earlier.” said Yongbae.

“Emmm….” there is no more words from his parents. Both seems lost in their own world which makes Yongbae feels a burden.

“Thank you mom, dad..I know this is quite rushing. I am sorry I didn’t told you a bit earlier.” said Yongbae with guilt.

“No, it’s ok. Can’t believe you had grown up this big.” Mrs. Dong caressing Yongbae’s hair with full of motherly love and they continue their dinner together.

*******************************************************************

Birds chirping cheerfully, welcoming a nice calm weather that morning. Yongbae walk along the path while thinking about his job offer. He had agreed to accept that offer after got his parents approval last night. However, something keeps poking his mind which makes him doesn’t realized that he is already in front of Jiyong’s house where he used to be. He looks around. From the gate he can see the house is still the same, doesn’t change much.  “It has been so long. This place still look  the same. Does he ever return back here? Is there any possibilities that I can meet him again when I go to Japan? Huh…What’s wrong with me, Japan is not a small country, you silly.” he thought by himself. “Jiyong, how are you have been doing? Do you still remember me? Can we still recognize each other if we meet someday? You are surely been fine, right?”. Yongbae inhale a deep breath. His mind start to replay back all the memories that he shared with Jiyong. Even though it’s just an old memories but everything seems new and that makes him smile unconsciously before his mind return back to reality. He slowly leave that place with various feeling in his heart.

*******************************************************************

“Hi Mr. Kwon, is there any place you which to go before we going to your house?” asked the driver who pickup Jiyong at the airport.

“It’s ok, just go home.” ordered Jiyong. Since the plane landed in Korea, there are various thought linger in his mind. It has been so long he never come to this country. He never thought that he will coming back here after all things that happened in the past few years. If it’s not because of that job, he surely not been here at this moment.  Before his arrival, he thought that he will be ok, but he was wrong. Everything about that person start to appear in his memory. Jiyong throw his sight along the road. There are some of the place that he still remember but most of it he doesn’t recognize it at all, until the car turn to the familiar roadside. Jiyong looks around, “This is…..” he said in shock.

“What’s wrong Mr. Kwon?” asked the driver in surprised.

“No…Nothing, just get going.” said Jiyong in quiver. He still remember that place. How could he forget when he used to be there before. While his mind busily thinking about the past, his eyes caught up a familiar figure who walk alone on the side of the road and his heart skip a beat.

 

“YOUNGBAE!!!.....”