Holding onto memory...

That Words...

“Please stop the car!!!” Shouted Jiyong in sudden.
“What?!” Asked the driver in shock.
“Just stop the car. Hurry!!!” Jiyong raise his voice towards the driver who seems surprised.
He jumps out the car before the car properly stop and quickly runs to where Yongbae was spotted.

 “It’s him, right? I’m sure I’m not just seeing a thing. I’m very sure it’s him. Where is he? Where did he go?” Jiyong looking around crazily. His heart feels like it’s going to explode. His chest pumping hard try to catch his breath.
“Mr. Kwon, are you alright? What’s going on?” Asked the driver who runs towards him in panic.
“No-Nothing. I thought I saw someone I knew, but maybe I saw it wrongly.” Said Jiyong try to cover the truth. However deep in his heart he is very sure the  person that  he saw just now is Yongbae.
“Nevermind, let’s go home.” Asked Jiyong.
“Ah..yes.” The driver just follow the order even though he still confuse of what is actually happened. 

“I’m very sure that person is Yongbae. His face doesn’t change at all. Yongbae, it’s really you, right? You seems fine, as always. I thought I’ve already forgot about you, but I was totally wrong. Why should I act this way? Yongbae…it’s been a while. Arghhh…it’s hurt.” Jiyong rub his chest. The memory of the past brings back the pain.
“Mr. Kwon, are you really ok? You doesn’t look well. Do you want me to find that person for you?” Asked the driver  who is observing Jiyong since that incident. Jiyong’s unusual reaction makes him worry.
“It’s ok. Just send me back home quickly. I’m so tired.” Said Jiyong and close his eyes try to calm his trembling heart.

************************************

“You will go to Japan? Why is so sudden? I thought we can find job together here.” Asked Seungri with surprise.
“Just wonder how people live in other country. Moreover, I never get the chance going out from this place before. So, I think this could be my chance.” Replied Yongbae.
“Is it true? Or you just used this excuse to find that person?” Asked Seungri.
“Sorry? What do you mean?” Asked Yongbae act like innocence.
“Jiyong…Kwon Jiyong. Your long lost friend. I know you still remember him. You never said but I’m sorry because I had read it without your permission.” Confess Seungri.
“How did you know? What did you read?” Asked Yongbae with trembling voice.
“I accidentally read what you had wrote on your notebook. I noticed it’s related to that person.You surely miss him a lot, right?” Said Seungri with concern.
“You did? Hmmm..it’s not like you think it is. It’s just that I never had anyone who being closed like he did. I wrote that while thinking about him. Just it. “ said Yongbae carefully try to avoid Seungri from take it wrongly.
“Relax brother, I’d say nothing. But, I’m quite jealous because you never wrote something nice about me.” Said Seungri try to tease. The words from Seungri makes Yongbae stay in silent. 
“Hey Yongbae. I’m just kidding you know? Haish.. You know what? I’m quite worry about you living alone in other country. I’m afraid people will take advantage on you.” Said Seungri jokingly.
“I’m not that stupid you know.” Yongbae smirking over the phone. “But, thank you for worrying about me.” He added.
“So, when you’ll be flying?” Asked Seungri.
“Next Tuesday, 9.30 am flight.” Replied Yongbae.
“Hmmm…Ok. See you later then. I will call you back.” Said Seungri and they ended the call.

After having those conversation with Seungri, Yongbae slowly bring out his notebook from the drawer. He flip the page that contains the words that Seungri mention about and he read it silently. 

~FRIENDSHIP~

Forever alone,
That’s the label which I’d hold for so long,
Even days seems dark,
Like the sun losing its spark,
Makes me wonder,
Do I exist without purposes?

Suddenly,
Your voice rang up my world,
Telling me to have no fear,
To hold my head up and stay strong,
Giving back rhythm to my sad song.

I miss your bright smile,
Which flows with your cheerful vibes,
That breaks the lonely cursed,
Bursting out with laughter,
Without care how the world would judged.

I don’t know what have been wrong,
I said that I care but I keep hurting,
And as caring person you were,
Still been there saying nothing,

 

You’ve been pushed and forced to leave,

Like nothing that I’m concerned,
Hating myself but never regrets.
Then one day you never returned,
Aware now what I’m lacked,
Sadness won’t cure even how much I cried,
But crying like hell won’t bring you back.

I wish I could yelled out loud,
Telling the whole world my misery,
Wishing to reunite with my other half,
Asking him for forgiveness,
Over things that hurt him the most,
And for the words that I never express…


He slowly wiping the tears that forming in his eyes before it flows to his skin. All these years he keeps denying the pain that he suffered from the loneliness. Words can’t describe how hard he try to ignored. However, he is too afraid to make that call, because he knows, he can’t say things that he want to say. He never got the courage to confess everything that he hold by himself. He thought he will get better times to times but he can’t. That’s made him wrote that words.


***************************************************

Jiyong lying on his bed, locking his eyes on the photo that he had rarely open. “How time flies…how are you Yongbae ah? Have you finish your study? Or are you had been working for living? Do you still remember me? Did you still live in the same place? Yongbae ah,…. Have you forgive me? Maybe I’ve been forgotten. You surely have your own life now….………..I miss you. I thought I will never feels like this again, but after saw you just now, I realized that I miss you a lot.” Jiyong grasp his phone. He slide on the screen until Yongbae’s name appeared on its screen. “Does he still use this number?” Jiyong inhales a deep breath. “It must be awkward if I call him suddenly like this. Huh….he never made that call before, even once. Isn’t that clear enough? Arghhhhh…why should I feels like this? Maybe because I’m here. This place holds a lot of memory about us. Arghhh…what should I do? I have to bare this for two weeks.”  Jiyong close his eyes, try to shook off his thought and because of tiredness he falls to sleep.

**********************************************************

“Morning Mr. Kwon, I have emailed to you the schedules for these two weeks. If there is anything you want to ask you can call me or liaised with you assistant there. Hope everything will going smoothly.” Jiyong hang up the call that he received from his secretary. “Haish…what with these full schedules. It surely tiresome within these two weeks. Now I know why Dami refused to come.” He mumbling.

~Knock-knock~

“How are you Jiyong, long time no see. Here your breakfast. I’ve been told that you have many things to handle today. So, please eat your breakfast before you go.” Said Mrs. Park with warm smile on his face.
“Owh..thank you. I’ll eat it well.” Replied Jiyong before Mrs. Park lost behind the closed door. Without waiting any longer, Jiyong directly fills his empty stomach. He just realized that last night he didn’t eat anything once he arrived to that place. That is why he can’t tolerate with the hunger and he just needs a few minutes to settled everything. “Ahhhh… It is nice to have homemade breakfast early in the morning.” He smile and heading to the bathroom while humming his favorite song.

“Mr. Kwon, your car is ready.” Said the driver.
“Ok. Let’s go. I don’t want being late on the first meeting. First impression is important.” Said Jiyong and the car drove off to their destination

*************************************************************

Two weeks passed by, and Jiyong gladly humming in his car after his last meeting. 
“You look so happy today Mr. Kwon. Is it because you will return to Japan tomorrow?” Asked his driver. 
“Emmm…I’m glad this busy weeks has come to its end. My energy are all drained because of hectic schedules.” Whining Jiyong.
“Do you wish to go anywhere to regain your energy? I know some places that good for relaxing.” Offered his driver.
“Actually there is one place that I wish to go before I return back to Japan. “ said Jiyong suddenly while looking outside the window.
“Owh..really? Where is it?  I can drive you there.” Said the driver.
“No need, it’s just nearby. You can drop me at the next bus stop.” Said Jiyong.
“Eh? Is it really ok? Just tell me where you want to go, so I can directly send you there.” The driver insist.
“Don’t worry, I’ll be ok. I had been there before. If anything, I will give you a call, deal?” Said Jiyong. 

The driver stop the car at the bus stop as per Jiyong request. Jiyong quickly drop out from the car and heading to the familiar path that he used before. Every steps seems heavy because his mind doesn’t really sure whether this is the best thing he should do right now. But, his heart insist, because he can’t endure it anymore. This is his only chance to confront that person, to get his answer for every questions that keeps popping in his mind, to solve all the misunderstanding, to comfort his own feeling over the person that he miss the most. Yongbae. He really needs to see this person, even just to say hello. All he needs is just to see that face again.

Jiyong stand right in front of Yongbae’s house. He looks around, even though the color of the house is a bit different from what he had been remembered but he is very sure that he come to the right place. His trembling finger rings the bell. He almost give up while waiting for the door to open, because his heart beating so fast that makes him stand restless. He try for a second time when he heard nothing. “Where is everyone go? Is he still live here?.” Jiyong starting to doubt. He take out his phone and try to dial. That makes him more nervous. However, the call doesn’t connected and he feels a bit disappointed. “Does he change his number? Huh…I’m standing here right now but still can’t meet him. Seems like we are destined to be like this.” Jiyong sighed heavily. He slowly leave that place with disappointment.