Losing...

That Words...

Dara slowly walking toward Jiyong who is sleeping soundly on his bed. She came as soon as she got a phone call from Mrs. Park who is in charge of the house while Mr.  and Mrs. Kwon was not around.  She caressing Jiyong hair while looking at his face with concern. That face look so tired and swollen.  Jiyong suddenly wake up.

“Jiyong ah…It’s me, Dara. How are you?” asked Dara when she see Jiyong open his eyes.

“Owh..you came? How long have you been here?” asked Jiyong.

“Just a few minutes ago. This room look really different now. It suits you.” said Dara try to get into conversation. Jiyong get up, straighten his back and lean against the headboard. Dara landed herself in front of Jiyong while gazing for his reaction. “Seems like the old Jiyong has returned.” she said suddenly.

Jiyong head up looking at Dara. “What it’s supposed to mean?” asked Jiyong confused.

“The lonely Jiyong…What happened, Ji? You look so lifeless. You know that you can tell me everything, don’t you?” asked Dara with concern. Jiyong stay silent. He inhale a deep breath before express his feeling to Dara.

“It’s already over, Dara….” sighed Jiyong.

“What is it?” asked Dara eager to know.

“Me and Yongbae……….our friendship is over.” explain Jiyong while releasing a heavy sighed.

“Eh? What actually happened between you two? From the day you asked me to pick you up at the theme park made me wondered. There must be something going on that time, isn’t it?” asked Dara with disbelief.

“Do you still remember the person that I’ve told you about when I was in Japan? The guy that I had been stalked for years.” asked Jiyong.

“Who? Owh…the guy from Art Department? What with him that makes you suddenly mention about him?” Dara asked with anticipated.

“Yes..Choi Seunghyun. You knew that  he treat me bad because he had someone that he love, right?” asked Jiyong.

 “Ahah…you had told me before that he always looking at  his sketchbook and spacing out when he was alone.” answered Dara.

“Actually, the person that always in his mind is Yongbae.” said Jiyong with a low voice. Dara couldn’t help from being surprise. “Yongbae? You mean that Dong Yongbae?” asked Dara raising his voice.

“Yes..that Yongbae. Actually, when you left us at the theme park before, we had incidentally met with Seunghyun. That time there was something that Seunghyun said to him that made him left me there alone.” said Jiyong and Dara could see the changes on Jiyong’s facial expression.

“What did he said?” asked Dara willing to hear the whole story.

“I don’t know what happened between  them in the past that makes Yongbae hate Seunghyun that much. But, that was the first time I saw Yongbae really mad at someone. Everything was start from there.” said Jiyong.

Jiyong explained everything to Dara that makes her really surprised with the whole story. She never thought something complicated like these would happened.

“So, Yongbae push you aside because of that? But, I thought he is someone that more considerate.” said Dara won’t believed that Yongbae was like that. “Maybe, you should give him sometimes to think and to calm himself.” advised Dara.

“I think his decision for this won’t change. He hates me that much and it seems like he won’t forgive me easily. But, that’s all my fault. So, I am deserved this punishment.” said Jiyong.

“But…will you be ok? You look so happy when you are with him. So, how will you act as a stranger if you two meet with each other when the class starting soon?.” Asked Dara with sympathy.

“I had thought deeply about this last night. It will be awkward for us if we still entered the same class. For the sake of Yongbae, I’ve decided to return back to Japan. I don’t want him looking at me with hatred feeling. So, I will vanish from his eyesight. Maybe being away is the best decision I could make for him to forgive me. Moreover, there’s no reason for me to be here anymore.” said Jiyong try to hold his tears.

“But, how about your study?” asked Dara.

“About that, I will think it later. What is the most important, Yongbae can study in comfort.” answered Jiyong.

“Awww…you poor thing. Don’t keep hurting yourself to please people, Jiyong ah.” Dara pull Jiyong for a hug.  “No matter what, you know I will always on your side.” Dara caressing Jiyong’s back try to comfort him.

************************************

University’s entrance already busy with students that return from a long break. Yongbae heading towards with the heavy steps. The first thing come up in his mind is ‘how he gonna face Jiyong?’. Since the day that Jiyong walk out from his home, Yongbae didn’t heard anything about Jiyong. There is no phone call and message received makes him more curious about that person.  He knows everything will be awkward between them but he still hoping to see that face once again, still concern on how that latter been doing. So, that makes his heart flutter for some reason.

He entered the lecture hall and directly heading to the back with his eyesight only focus on the floor. After landed himself on the chair, he slowly head up and looking around try to search the face that he wish to see but there is nowhere to be seen. The class about to begin and he start to wonder when Jiyong doesn’t seem to show up.

The first day of class ended earlier after lecturer briefing about the second term syllabus. Yongbae heading to the cafeteria and sitting on the empty spot at the corner.  Thought about Jiyong linger in his mind. This is the place where he and Jiyong always spent time together. He could feel the loneliness when the memory poke his mind, makes his heart overwhelmed with sadness. “Is he ok? People rarely absent on the first day of the class..But why do I have to feel uneasy. I’m the one who push him away.” his mind busy thinking makes him unaware someone sitting in front of him.

“Sorry for interrupting, Yongbae ah.” Yongbae startled when he realized Dara is staring at him.

“Owh..sorry, I don’t realized that you are here.” said Yongbae.

“How are you? Hope you are fine now since Jiyong isn’t here.” said Dara sarcastically.

Yongbae throw a deep gaze toward Dara. It doesn’t surprised him at all if Dara knows what had been happened between him and Jiyong. But, he can see Dara’s serious expression which he never seen before. Yongbae doesn’t reply. The way Dara’s spit those words just now hurt his feeling.

“So, you have changed now. You seems doesn’t care about Jiyong anymore. Before this you will directly asked about him.” said Dara start to lose her patient.

“What do you want Dara? It’s up to him whether he want to attend a class or not. He is a big guy now. “ said Yongbae try to hide his curiosity.

“You’re really have no idea about him, don’t you? He will not attending that class forever. You know why? He dropped his study…..because of you.” said Dara while shooting a sharp glare toward Yongbae.

Yongbae  startled. He look at Dara with surprised. “What do you mean?” asked Yongbae impatiently.

“So, congrats Yongbae. Hope you will gain your comfort now.” Dara get up and leaved Yongbae alone.

“Hey…wait!! What do you mean? Where is Jiyong now?” Yongbae try to stop Dara but Dara just walk with no intention to turn back.

Yongbae start to sit restless. He reach his phone and try to dial Jiyong’s number but the line is inactive. “Why? Why should he dropped his study? ….You idiot!!” Yongbae can’t hold his patient. He grab his bag and quickly leave the cafeteria and rushing to Jiyong’s house. He doesn’t sure how many times he push the buzzer, he just want to enter that house as fast as he can. The gate finally open and he rushing in. There, the guardian of the house waiting for him in front of the door with a confused look.
“Hi Yongbae. What brings you here?” asked Mrs. Park.

“I would like to see Jiyong. Is he home?” asked Yongbae.

“Eh? Jiyong is not here. He had returned back to Japan a week ago. He didn’t told you?” answered Mrs. Park with surprised.

Yongbae had stump in shock after hearing the news. He doesn’t believed of what he just heard.

His heart beat faster and all his body shivered.  Yongbae leaved the house with sorrow. He slowly walk without knowing where should he go. “He’s gone….he’s already gone. Why? I’ve told him that we can go to the same university, so why he had to leave. It is not supposed to be like this….DAMN!!!” Yongbae can’t hide his frustration. He start to blame himself.

After wondering around, Yongbae decided to return back to his university. He knows, there is only one person who can explain what actually happened. Yongbae lean against the wall, waiting for Dara to show up. He doesn’t know when Dara will be coming out, but he stay there waiting patiently. His mind is full of Jiyong. At first, he thought, even though they are not close anymore, they are still can see each other and know how the other been doing. However, he never thought that Jiyong will make that decision and what makes him more frustrated, Jiyong didn’t told him that he went back to Japan.

“Yongbae, why are you sitting here alone?” Asked Dara once she saw Yongbae who sit on the ground.

Yongbae quickly stand up and look directly toward Dara.

“Dara, can we talk? I need to ask you something?” asked Yongbae.

“What is it?” asked Dara.

“It’s regarding Jiyong..” said Yongbae.

“Let’s go to the nearest coffee shop. I don’t think we can talk about it here.” said Dara and continue walking and Yongbae just followed her from behind. The atmosphere between them a bit awkward, much different from the first time they walk together. They entered the coffee shop and Dara choose the table which is less busy.

“So, what is it you want to ask?” asked Dara as soon as the waiter leave them alone.

“Is it true that Jiyong had returned back to Japan?” asked Yongbae to confirm.

Dara stare at him before inhaling a deep breath. “Hmm…yes, he went back to Japan a week ago. He said you might be uncomfortable if he still attending the same class with you, so he decided to leave this country and returned back to where he belong.” explained Dara.

“But why he doesn’t tell me?” asked Yongbae disbelieved on what he heard from Dara.

“Since you had pushed him away, you think is it possible for him to tell you that?” said Dara with stern voice. “Yongbae, I thought I can trust you to look over Jiyong, to help him gain his confident back, to make him realized that he is also deserved a happiness. But, I totally wrong.” said Dara with frustration.

“What are you talking about? You are his girlfriend, and I think you are the one who supposedly can encouraged him in everything. Why put the burden on me?” said Yongbae being annoyed.

“You know what? I wish I could do everything for him, but I have to accept the fact that our relationship is just like that. We are practically close, but not so close as a couple. However, our chemistry could be more than couple would have. From every person in this world, I treasured him the most. However, I do hope he will be happy no matter what choice he makes. As far as I knew him, I never seen he been happy as much as when he was with you.  He told me countless time that he being so grateful for knowing you. He mention about you a lot and I can see how he envy you so much, Yongbae“ said Dara.

“Is that mean there is nothing between you two? I thought you and him are together. That is why I….ermh..nevermind. However, did you know about him and Seunghyun? and all the lies that he had created all this while?” asked Yongbae, a bit tense.

“I didn’t know his planned at first but Jiyong had told me everything and I think maybe you misunderstood about something.” said Dara while gazing toward Yongbae’s reaction. “Jiyong must haven’t tell you about his past, isn’t he?” added Dara which makes Yongbae look at her with curiosity.

“Jiyong just as lonely as you are, Yongbae…” said Dara, and that words makes his heartbeats racing up suddenly.