First Visit..

That Words...


 Yongbae leaning against the wall while waiting for Dara in front of the College entrance. It’s only 4.30pm, still early for their meeting, but Yongbae decided to wait in case Dara will finished her class early. Some students who step out from the gate looking at him with puzzle looks. This is the first time he stand there waiting for someone. There are also a group of female students waving at him with awkward gesture and he only reply with a little smile.
 
It’s already 5.20pm and Yongbae starts to stand restless. He walk back and forth while his eyes keep searching for Dara. He is very sure that he didn’t saw Dara passed by him. “Did she forget about it?” his mind silently thinking. He almost give up before he noticed that small trim figure is rushing down the stairs. He breathing in relieves.
 
“Hi..” greeted Yongbae, once Dara step out from the gate.
“Oh my..you’re startled me. Eh?..” Dara head up, facing Yongbae with a confuse look.
“I’m sorry. But during lunch hour earlier you said….”
“So, you’re really stand here waiting?” Dara cuts Yongbae’s word before he finish talking. She look at her watch and staring back at Yongbae. With sudden chuckles that released by Dara makes Yongbae look at her with confused.
“Sorry..I don’t mean to laugh. But you are really different from the person that I know.” said Dara while holding his laugh. “Jiyong must be happy if he knows about this.” she said.
Yongbae just stay silent, still trying to digest what it is all about, but he is totally clueless.
“So, since you are here…shall we?” asked Dara and signal Yongbae to walk with her. Yongbae nodded with smile.
 
At first, Yongbae doesn’t talk much because of the awkwardness. This is the first time he walk with someone. Moreover, she is the one that Yongbae once had been crushed for. However, because of the bright personality that Dara has, it help Yongbae to feel at eased and slowly being comfortable.
 
“How old are you Yongbae ah?” asked Dara when they heading to Jiyong’s house.
“This year I’ll be 22.” answered Yongbae honest.
“Owh..so, you and Jiyong sharing the same year. Good.” Dara smile.
“How about you?” Yongbae try to ask the same question.
“Hmm…people always confuse about my age. So, I choose not to answer that.” she laugh and let the question just hanging without answer.
“Are you a new student? I never saw you in college before.” asked Dara.
“No…actually we had met before..couple of times. Maybe you don’t remember.” smile Yongbae.
“We did? When? Where? How?” Dara surprisingly asked.
“First time we met at the cafeteria, you spilt water on my shirt and you wipe with your own hand. You had bowed successively with sorry. Then, we bump into each other at the library and while paying our food at the cafeteria.” Yongbae explained.
“Ahhh….that person is you? I remember that. Oh gosh, what a shame. Sorry once again Yongbae. That time I was really messed up with my assignment and so on. It could be my bad day.” Dara sighed.
“It’s ok, it was nothing actually.” said Yongbae being in comfort manner.
“Jiyong tells me a lot about you. Seems like he really happy to be friend with you. It makes me jealous sometimes.” said Dara with a wide smile.
“What did he said? I don’t remember telling him everything.” asked Yongbae, feeling interested to know what the other talked about him.
“He praised you a lot. He said you are an interesting weird person.” Dara laugh.
 “What does it mean by that?” Yongbae  can’t hold his laugh when Dara mention the word ‘weird’.
“I’m not very sure either. That one you better ask him by yourself. But, I am very glad that he has a friend like you even though he is new around here. So, thanks to you. I am very worried at first because he entered different faculty. So, I can’t  meet him often. But, when he introduced you to me that day, I feels relieved because at least he is not alone. Seems like he easily adapt with his surroundings.” Yongbae realized the changes on Dara face. Seems like she thinking about something.
“He is a bright guy. I am  sure that he can get use with this place and get to know others easily. Me also, have to thank him a lot. Since he came here, there are a lot of things that I’ve learned from him.” explained Yongbae. He personally thought that since they know each other, Jiyong had influence his life in a good way. He love the feeling of being together with someone who he can shared some thought, and Jiyong always give a good response when he try to make jokes which other people never find it’s funny before. Furthermore, because of Jiyong,  he realized that he smile a lot this day. Jiyong really suits the term of friend that he wish and imagined before.
 
They finally reached in front of Jiyong’s house.
“So Yongbae…this is it..Welcome to Jiyong’s house. How about we surprised him?” mischievous smile appeared on Dara’s lips.
“Is it ok for him? You said he is not feeling well.”Yongbae shows his worry.
“Nahhh…I am sure he will be ok with this.” confirmed Dara.
 
They entered the house. Dara has been welcomed with warm smile by the person in the house. They look at Yongbae with surprised but still invite him with a smile after Dara whispered something to them. Dara guide him to the stairs that link the floor to Jiyong’s room. Yongbae eyeing every corner of the house while climb up the stairs. It has been neatly organized..”He surely not an ordinary person” he thought in his mind. Once they reach upstairs, his eyes directly focus on a big gold-plated frame hanging on the wall. He stop in front of the portrait.
 
“That’s his family. But they aren’t here. You stay here first. I’ll go and check on him.” said Dara.
Yongbae nodded and gazing back at the family portrait. Jiyong looks so young in that photo but his face still looks the same, maybe his style might be differ from what he has now. “Who is he? He really looks like a prince.” Yongbae being mesmerized by the way that photo had been taken.
 
While Yongbae busy focusing on the family potrait, Dara walk to Jiyong’s room. She knocked the door and hear Jiyong’s voice echoing from inside.
“Haiiii…how are you today?” Dara greet Jiyong cheerfully.
“Hei…I’m glad you came. How’s your day? Have you find Yongbae?” asked Jiyong once Dara entered his room.
“Yes, I meet him today. How’s your fever? Have you take your medicine for today?” Dara leaning toward Jiyong and checking his temperature with back of her palm.
“You know I don’t like to eat that gross pills. It’s so bitter.” whining Jiyong childishly.
“Ji...even though you don’t like it, you have to eat that. If not how are you going to get better? I will bring that medicine for you. Wait here.” Dara turn back to the door.
"Please don't. I'm getting better already. Don't force me to eat that pills.Come back here...Dara yah!!!
Dara quickly run out from that room and heading toward Yongbae, leaving Jiyong who is still whining. Yongbae look at her with surprise when she grab his wrist and pull him to Jiyong room. He just follow with confused  and stay silent when noticed Dara's signaling him to keep quiet.
'What'wrong?" He whisper when they stand outside Jiyong's room.
"Shhh...wait here." Asked Dara with smile.
She then, open the door widely...
"Here Jiyong ah..your medicine." Said Dara.
"I don't care. I told you that I don't like that medicine."Jiyong sulking and burried his face under the pillow. 
Yongbae can't hold his laugh when seeing Jiyong's childish manner. He can't believe that guy is the same person he had known for the past three weeks. "Jiyong ah..how old are you actually?" Asked Yongbae while still laughing. Once he heard familiar voice behind him, Jiyong quickly turn around and look at Yongbae surprisingly. "Yongbae ah..But how?" He directly look at Dara who is smiling lavishly beside Yongbae. "I told you that I'll bring your medicine." Said Dara winking mischievously at Jiyong. Jiyong almost fell down from his bed when he try to reach Yongbae excitedly but Yongbae manage to hold his body. "Hey, be carefull. You might getting injured." Said Yongbae and Jiyong suddenly blushing himself when realized Yongbae's face just a few inch away from his. He quickly sit properly at the edge of the bed.
"Why didn't you tell me that Yongbae is here?" Asked Jiyong to Dara.
"I just want to surprise you. How's that? You like it?" Dara chuckle and landing beside Jiyong. Jiyong embracing Dara's shoulder and slowly whispering to her ears "Thank you". He is very grateful with that surprised. He doesn't know how Dara manage to bring Yongbae to his house, but he never expect this sudden. However, he is still happy when seeing Yongbae stand there, in front of him.